The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #1121
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Everything I see gets me more excited I'm soo stoked for tonight's bts, anybody know the song from the new tv spot?
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #1122
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
Everything I see gets me more excited I'm soo stoked for tonight's bts, anybody know the song from the new tv spot?
Same here, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to find out what it was. SoundCloud was no help
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #1123
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Same here, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to find out what it was. SoundCloud was no help
i used shazam, and funnily, it just gave me a link to the TV Spot.

ironic'd.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #1124
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423


DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK

(a better version than my first)

(this was a goof in the gif settings that just seemed to funny to not share)
__________________

Last edited by graphic_content; 07-17-2014 at 03:53 PM.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #1125
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Cool poster, what language is it in?
I would say Portugese. My mum lives over there and on one of my visits I came across a 2007 movie poster with the same title. Got a photo somewhere of it...


Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Is this fan art or something for promotion?
Looks like a tOkKa piece to me...

Anyway, the more tv spots and whatnot I see of this, the more I'm looking forward to it. I've gotten over my initial shock of what the turtles look like, the designs have started to grow on me (especially Raph and Don) and I'm starting to get hyped!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #1126
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Looking at April makes Mikey's "shell get tighter"? Ohhh-kaaaaaay.
Yikes. Aren't kids who watch the Nick cartoon gonna see this? I imagine this line won't make sense to them but it's pretty graphic...

Anyway! Other than that, the movie looks amazing... more fun and goofy than I originally expected, but there seems to be a lot of focus on the Turtles and their personalities and interactions look right. I don't like the continuing trend towards Donatello being a spaz, but oh well. What's with the elevator dancing? Can you even imagine Raph doing that? Mikey probably persuaded them somehow.

The lair looks awesome... I love that they all sleep in little hammocks together! Too cute!

Splinter's meditation room looks a bit unorthodox.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #1127
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788

__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #1128
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
And another TV Spot.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #1129
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
But not to worry because, There Shells are Bullet Proof.
In which case, why have they got Donnie freaking out so much over the guns? I get that they're trying to play it for laughs (cuz nerds are always wussy and hysterical, apparently), but it just seems a bit... silly to me.

Maybe my humor chip is malfunctioning.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #1130
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
In which case, why have they got Donnie freaking out so much over the guns? I get that they're trying to play it for laughs (cuz nerds are always wussy and hysterical, apparently), but it just seems a bit... silly to me.

Maybe my humor chip is malfunctioning.
From the description of the scene, they don't know their shells are bullet proof. They actually discover that in the scene that was being described from what I understood.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #1131
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And another TV Spot.

Spoiler:
lol. hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
In which case, why have they got Donnie freaking out so much over the guns? I get that they're trying to play it for laughs (cuz nerds are always wussy and hysterical, apparently), but it just seems a bit... silly to me.

Maybe my humor chip is malfunctioning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
From the description of the scene, they don't know their shells are bullet proof. They actually discover that in the scene that was being described from what I understood.
swift stole my answer, heh.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #1132
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The line at the end is a bit "eh?"

"They're ninjas, and they do karate."

Ok...
Ive seen something similar in another movie. It was "he's a chef. He cooks food". Im guessing this April will be lots of guts and brawn, but no brains?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #1133
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Okay. I decided! I'm not going to watch anymore TV spots, even though I really want to. I need this movie to be fresh in my mind when I see it.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #1134
BLUEDRAGON77
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
made this tonight while bored... thought i'd share..

BLUEDRAGON77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #1135
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDRAGON77 View Post
made this tonight while bored... thought i'd share..

http://i62.tinypic.com/29njkhh.jpg
that looks awesome
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #1136
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Looks like we might be hearing "Cowabunga" in this film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
I sure hope so!
I just finished watching the behind the scenes special and Michelangelo at least said it twice. It's so great to see more homage to the 1987 series.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #1137
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles
Random Punk
 
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I just finished watching the behind the scenes special and Michelangelo at least said it twice. It's so great to see more homage to the 1987 series.
He most certainly did, I am with you. Question is why not market it this way from the beginning? For example: Here they are eating pizza. Why yes they say both dude and cowabunga. The Turtle Van is here.

You know what I'm getting at. lol More TMNT flair
__________________
Turtle POWER!
TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #1138
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Here's the Snow Chase scene.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #1139
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDRAGON77 View Post
made this tonight while bored... thought i'd share..

thats awesome! my new background on the lappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's the Snow Chase scene.

dude, tiger, you're awesome, man!
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #1140
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
From the description of the scene, they don't know their shells are bullet proof. They actually discover that in the scene that was being described from what I understood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
swift stole my answer, heh.
Aaaaah, ok it totes makes sense in that context then! Fanboy b*tching cheerfully withdrawn. Thanks for setting me straight (so to speak) on that point.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.