The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #1161
DMC362
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 121
Did not know that issue was hard to find had mine for years.
DMC362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #1162
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Yeah no idea. I came across mine with no issue or hardship.
I've been screwed out of every chance I've had to get it. It's one of a few items that are that way.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #1163
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Bought that issue on the newsstand when it was new. Kind of a corny story..but unique.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1164
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Keep rubbin' it in, you lucky such-and-such
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #1165
jimmyjams
Hench Mutant
 
jimmyjams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
TMNT Japanese Mini Super Ninja Turtles Set RARE 1989
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280369147797
__________________
jimmyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #1166
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
I got that for 2 dollars...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #1167
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I got that for 2 dollars...
Aw come onnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #1168
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior
 
Lordmylar06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Aw come onnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
I have a beat to crap and ribbons copy of that at half price books. You guessed it half of cover price.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #1169
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Aw come onnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
Yeah it was in a huge lot. When I did the math I paid about 2 bucks an issue, all mint. I got a lot of rare Archies that way.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #1170
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Holy cow, I never would have thought this issue could sell for so much! Granted it is apparently near mint, but still!

Interesting story with April turning into a turtle and all. But dang...

I might be tempted enough to sell if I have an extra copy stashed away somewhere!
[Watch me get like $3 for it!]
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #1171
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Sellin lots of stuff!

Giant Troll Turtles
RARE AS HELL Rock Lords
Food Fighters (which isn't showing up on my list for some reason, but if you search for food fighters, you'll find them. It's the big lot)
And still have the hydro skimmer and blitz cycle up

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ittste...Q_fromZQQ_ipgZ
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:08 AM   #1172
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

shogun triceraton loose mint for 30 bucks in great condition。
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #1173
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdsz View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

shogun triceraton loose mint for 30 bucks in great condition。
That's good. I've been looking for one with complete armor.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #1174
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
If anyone collects figures with packaging errors, here are the four FF turtles labeled with the right names but wrong pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Fast-Forwar...3%3A9|294%3A50
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #1175
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by A little *too* Raph View Post
If anyone collects figures with packaging errors, here are the four FF turtles labeled with the right names but wrong pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Fast-Forwar...3%3A9|294%3A50
All of them came like that. The turtle whose in the package isn't on the insert the other three are.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #1176
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Would anyone really pay $300 for these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...%3A1|294%3A200

I can't believe they are that rare. I wish I had that kind of money to waste on toys.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #1177
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Would anyone really pay $300 for these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...%3A1|294%3A200

I can't believe they are that rare. I wish I had that kind of money to waste on toys.
Archon just sold the same thing for $200. I've seen them go for $300+ a piece.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #1178
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Would anyone really pay $300 for these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtl...%3A1|294%3A200

I can't believe they are that rare. I wish I had that kind of money to waste on toys.
Waste is an extremely subjective word.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #1179
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
I wouldn't waste $300 on a loose set, if I was spending that much they would have to be boxed. I would also guess that this set like most TMNT will go down in value at some point like a lot of TMNT has.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #1180
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgoldcoin View Post
I wouldn't waste $300 on a loose set, if I was spending that much they would have to be boxed. I would also guess that this set like most TMNT will go down in value at some point like a lot of TMNT has.
They usually go for much, much more boxed.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.