The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #101
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I thought phase 2 was to steal underpants?
If that's a joke, I don't get it.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #102
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
Okay, thankies, guys. I HAVE heard of it, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that I'll ever go see it. Not into horror movie all that much. I mean, WHAT does it say of a gal who got scared (back in my WAY younger days (I was about 9, I think)) by the Don Knotts movie, "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken"?!
a friend of mine went and saw the hills have eys 2 this weekend and said it sucks really bad I said well duuuhhh you should have seen tmnt dummy!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #103
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
If that's a joke, I don't get it.
are there no southpark fans in the house seriously!
and my bad it was phase one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZaKSko5I8
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #104
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
*petulant glare* Gee, guys, thanks for noticing that I posted about TMNT's #1 spot hours ago.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
They asked what else he was going to do after TMNT and he said a Gatchaman movie. After explaining what it was about he said "And after that I'm done doing movies about mutant teenagers."
Y'know... I think I remember that. I thought that was a self-effacing joke. But maybe not.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #105
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
*petulant glare* Gee, guys, thanks for noticing that I posted about TMNT's #1 spot hours ago.

lol



Y'know... I think I remember that. I thought that was a self-effacing joke. But maybe not.
you're welcome *bats eyelashes*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #106
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
you're welcome *bats eyelashes*
You...!! *bats Putrescent*
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #107
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Good to see it beat out "300". I just hope this movie can maintain its buzz and remain up top.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #108
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
It's not written it was a interview that some guy had filmed. It was posted so long ago it would be hell to try and dig it back up. Just look around for video interviews.

They asked what else he was going to do after TMNT and he said a Gatchaman movie. After explaining what it was about he said "And after that I'm done doing movies about mutant teenagers."
Hmmm... Well what about what he said here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTSHOWING.NET
Take this as a spoiler or not, but when asked if the film sets up a sequel at the end, Munroe replied:

“Yea, a sequel big time. It's a very not-so-subtle nod at the end.

I'd love it to happen, I wish it was my decision. I do have a deal to do a second one, we'll just wait and see if it happens. I think it's going to depend, it's just all box office at this point.”
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #109
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Not sure if this says anything but tonite I went for my second viewing. Now it may have been due to the fact it was the late showing, but I was one of 3 people there, and the other 2 were a young teenage couple, at oldest my age. So, yeah, that may not bode well...but again it was the 9:15 showing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #110
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Not sure if this says anything but tonite I went for my second viewing. Now it may have been due to the fact it was the late showing, but I was one of 3 people there, and the other 2 were a young teenage couple, at oldest my age. So, yeah, that may not bode well...but again it was the 9:15 showing.
You went on a Sunday night. Most people have work or school the next morning, so there probably wouldn't be many people in the theater.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #111
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Forgot about thet...that and it's the weekend before Spring Break here, people may be vacationing.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:52 PM   #112
Juniorx
Foot Soldier
 
Juniorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sewer
Posts: 110
Woohoo!!!!

TMNT is in number.shell yeah.eat that reviewers and haters.oh what now new line thought you said franchise dead.i know its now live but at least their back that what it counts.sorry im in excited mood now since found out their in 1 box offices.hope there will be a sequel..either live or animation dont matter me alongs it TMNT. TURTLE POWER!!.
Juniorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #113
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
TMNT reviews/stories are currently on the front page of Google News in the entertainment section. Most of the stories are from the AP coverage of TMNT being number 1.

This is a good thing.

From "Weekend Box Office Gets Turtle Power!" by Stephanie Sanchez 3/25/07, quoting Reuters:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesb.net
The Time Warner Inc. -owned studio had expected the $30 million film -- one of six new entries -- to open in the mid-teen millions. The audience was split fairly evenly among children and nostalgic adults, and exit polls were favorable, it said.

"TMNT" is the fourth entry in the crime-fighting franchise; the previous one, the live-action "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III," opened at No. 1 in 1991 with $12.4 million. (Back then, the average ticket price was $4.21; last year, it was $6.55, according to the Motion Picture Assn. of America.)

Warner Bros., a 50/50 partner on "TMNT" with international distributor Weinstein Co., also released "300," which slipped to No. 2 with $20.5 million. The total for the blood-soaked Spartan saga rose to $162.4 million after three weeks.
So... the movie opened at least 7 mil more than WB expected.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]

Last edited by iris; 03-26-2007 at 06:01 PM.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #114
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
I saw it twice. Also who is the smartest samurai of them all? http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...52&postcount=2

Sanjuro.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #115
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
You...!! *bats Putrescent*
don't make me cut you!!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #116
esco
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...&id=tmntcg.htm

TMNT made another $1,428,373 Monday.

New total = $25,683,578
esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #117
Head Spinnin' Bebop
Foot Soldier
 
Head Spinnin' Bebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 171
I hope movie 2/5 isn't too far away. With this being #1, that is very impressive and I didn't think it would. Its awesome and hope it stays in the top 5 for the next couple weeks. That be tubular!

Is the DVD due out in July?
Head Spinnin' Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #118
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by esco View Post
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...&id=tmntcg.htm

TMNT made another $1,428,373 Monday.

New total = $25,683,578
Cool....about $16 of that was from me and my wife...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #119
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by esco View Post
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...&id=tmntcg.htm

TMNT made another $1,428,373 Monday.

New total = $25,683,578
I thought the movie had already made 25 million over the weekend, so the 1.4 million added to the weekend gross would bring the total to about 26+ million, right?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #120
esco
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
Opening Weekend was $24.3... 24,255,--- something like that. You can check the link, its not working for me right now. 25 was the estimate but I guess Sunday didn't do as good as predicted.
esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.