The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #101
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
The movie universe doesn't speak for the entire TMNT line. On top of that bi means they like both genders so how can you say just because he's crushing for a girl he isn't bi?

Really your being silly now. this whole thread is silly!
Well DUH....who says i can't be silly in a silly topic?????


well he hasn't crushed on Casey! lol!!
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #102
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Dudette, he totally enjoyed wearing that dress.

Not that that makes him gay--Fun Fact--there are more heterosexual cross-dressing men than there are homosexual ones. Granted ... there are a lot fewer homosexuals in this world, so I don't know the statistics of whether proportionally more homosexual men cross-dress.

ok, in the 2k3 series Mikey did appear like he enjoyed wearing a dress. Once in the outer space arc where he was wearing pink drag (he even had big ol' klunky boobs ) and the second Nobody episode where he dressed up like an elderly woman he...was really getting into his role , even going so far as to call Dontello his husband . Geez I guess Mikey does like to cross dress and role play. But he really needs to leave his brothers out of it. Poor Donny

However even though New toon Michaelangelo seemed to willingly put on a dress, old too Michaelangelo definately didn't like wearing one and seemed to be embarrassed by it, that one time he was made to dress up like a flower woman in season two.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #103
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Oh, yeah! He really seemed uncomfortable in that situation.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #104
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
He was uncomfortable until the very end, when he made a joke about it.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #105
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
He was uncomfortable until the very end, when he made a joke about it.
whoa-oh!!! o.O what's up doc, can we rock?
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #106
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
And, my mom was just telling me about how her brother is getting rid of a hoop that Shaq used to play on.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #107
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
He was uncomfortable until the very end, when he made a joke about it.
well hell yeah he has to save face some how that is sort of like when you get so sh*t faced you puke in front of your buddies and they rag on you about it, so yeah joke along with them to make you look less like a idiot

Does any one here think that maybe the turtles are pansexual? (jeez, realy hope I have this one right) Meaning they could get sexual arousal or enjoyment out of anything thsat they like which isn't limited to the confines of male/female or the same specious
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #108
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Does any one here think that maybe the turtles are pansexual? (jeez, realy hope I have this one right) Meaning they could get sexual arousal or enjoyment out of anything thsat they like which isn't limited to the confines of male/female or the same specious
I might sound dumb, but I could never understand the whole concept behind "pansexuality" and how it really differs from bisexuality, to be honest. I've always regarded that term as the as falling in love with someone's personality or soul - not with their genitals, which are like, the secondary issue at that moment. It's like - you meet somebody over the net, you chat with that person, you two are enchanted and infatuated by each other, you two meet in real life, you discover it's a member of your own sex you have been corresponding with for so long, but... strangely, you don't quit all your further contacts in sheer disgust, because it's like, the best person you have ever met in your whole life. So, you go on with the romantic allure.

But I guess I present a little too big romantic approach here, maybe.

What does "getting sexual arousal or enjoyment out of anything that you like" mean, anyway? It's like, you can fall in love with a chair?
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!

Last edited by Sewer Bull; 10-12-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #109
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
What is it with this thread, it sucked me in !
From what I gather the guys have been pretty devoid of contact with the exception of each other and Splinter until they were teenagers. I am sure they romanticize even the slightest thought of companionship which for them it must seem pretty impossible. April for instance the most common person to bring up it seems was the first real opportunity to be close to someone human which they are partially, and someone of the opposite gender, neither of which had been in their lives prior. Crushing probably did ensue like movie one suggests.
Now as far as love and relations goes everyone or everything deserves it in one form or another, but with them I don't think the thought would really arise to often. Sure sometimes in the comics it comes up but I think its a far out concept even for them because of what they are and how they have been brought up. I just don't know that they would think it fathomable, they probably just assume they will be the last of their kind.
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:35 AM   #110
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
well whatever you think,you kno,i don't think that my original topic sux.=x
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #111
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Quote:
I just don't know that they would think it fathomable, they probably just assume they will be the last of their kind.
This is brought up by April in the "Sons of the Silent Age" comic. She mentions "the last four males of their species". She says it first about the mermen- and then realizes that this applies to the Turtles as well.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #112
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
I might sound dumb, but I could never understand the whole concept behind "pansexuality" and how it really differs from bisexuality, to be honest.
I think the term pansexuality was meant to replace the term bisexuality, because bi means two, and it's problematic for some people.

Mostly people consider that there are only two sex (male and female, but there are also the intersex) and two gender identities (man and woman, but there's also genderless and androgyne).

Quote:
I've always regarded that term as the as falling in love with someone's personality or soul - not with their genitals, which are like, the secondary issue at that moment.
And you're right on that one. But honestly, some people do think that bisexuals really need a male and a female to be satisfied. But it just isn't true.

Quote:
What does "getting sexual arousal or enjoyment out of anything that you like" mean, anyway? It's like, you can fall in love with a chair?
Yeah, this is why I don't like the term pansexuality either. It really means like everything-goes-sexuality.

If one gets sexual arousal from a chair, it's called a fetish. If one falls in love with a chair, he/she might be a chairsexual.

I usually get along with these two terms by thinking, that bisexual referrs to genitals (for example: "I don't mind what sex my partner is, as long as she/he is more feminine than I am"), and pansexuality to both genital issues and gender identity ("I don't care what sex or gender identity my partner has").

Okay, my examples suck, but I tried.

It's pretty tricky any way to define sexuality. It's like one's own genitals are referred to the one's s/he is in interested in. Like that "I'm a woman and I like men, so that makes me hetero." It would be a lot more easier, if everyone who are capable of falling in love with men could be called as...eh...mensexuals for lack of better word, no matter what sex they themselves are. And if it's purely sexual (like some who identify themselves as bisexual can't fall in love with people of same sex) it should be called as a manfetish.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #113
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
I think the term pansexuality was meant to replace the term bisexuality, because bi means two, and it's problematic for some people. Mostly people consider that there are only two sex (male and female, but there are also the intersex) and two gender identities (man and woman, but there's also genderless and androgyne).
Oh yeah. Now I get it. Thanks Wanda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
If one gets sexual arousal from a chair, it's called a fetish. If one falls in love with a chair, he/she might be a chairsexual.
I'm in love with chess. Does that makes me chessosexual? After all, it's all about queens and mating, you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
I usually get along with these two terms by thinking, that bisexual referrs to genitals (for example: "I don't mind what sex my partner is, as long as she/he is more feminine than I am"), and pansexuality to both genital issues and gender identity ("I don't care what sex or gender identity my partner has").
For a while, I considered bisexuality as the "ability" of switching between males and females - but never being attracted to both genders at the same time. Like, you could reprogram yourself due to the surrounding conditions - or just pull your lever. After all - "your door swings both sides" but it's never on those both sides at the same time. Unlike in case of pansexuality.

This explanation may sound weird, but that's how I tried to explain the difference between bisexuality and pansexuality to myself once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
It's pretty tricky any way to define sexuality. It's like one's own genitals are referred to the one's s/he is in interested in. Like that "I'm a woman and I like men, so that makes me hetero." It would be a lot more easier, if everyone who are capable of falling in love with men could be called as...eh...mensexuals for lack of better word, no matter what sex they themselves are. And if it's purely sexual (like some who identify themselves as bisexual can't fall in love with people of same sex) it should be called as a manfetish.
Wise words have been spoken here.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #114
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
I think the term pansexuality was meant to replace the term bisexuality, because bi means two, and it's problematic for some people.
I'm intrigued by your explanations of the many definitions of sexuality. ^_^ Psychology major, right? The one thing that irks me is that your favorite character is Raph. Why does it bother me? Because it's so typical couldn't think of a gentler way to put it, sorry). While it's not necessarily a sexual attraction, I find girls have a tendency to prefer Raph as he is the bad boy ideal of the group. Like, if there were to be a 'bad boy' character who just happened to be a masculine-looking girl, you'd still find her interesting, but your sexuality might have you deny this just for the reason that it feels awkward. What I'd like to know is how you would define this state of being attracted to the person rather than their bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
well whatever you think,you kno,i don't think that my original topic sux.=x
It doesn't sux. People just have a hard time taking it seriously.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #115
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
what?!0_o
im serious!
up to now i still believe that they are asexual race,i beleive that if they had any, they'd have a completely different way of love,romantic love,as we called it,why could we just talk more about turtles,i mean,humans are tedious.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #116
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Who needs any romantic love in the TMNT, anyway?

Taking this franchise too seriously (and including any "pseudo-profound" moments) is just going to kill it.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #117
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
oh keep being so abstract and im gonna be killed too...
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #118
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
The one thing that irks me is that your favorite character is Raph. Why does it bother me? Because it's so typical couldn't think of a gentler way to put it, sorry). While it's not necessarily a sexual attraction, I find girls have a tendency to prefer Raph as he is the bad boy ideal of the group. Like, if there were to be a 'bad boy' character who just happened to be a masculine-looking girl, you'd still find her interesting, but your sexuality might have you deny this just for the reason that it feels awkward.
LOL. I dunno about the other girls, but I think maybe my liking Raphael AS A CHARACTER has alot to do with him being one of the (if not THE) most developed character in cannon works. He has alot of dimension. Its easier for our girl brains to latch on to characters who show some depth rather than others who generally have one dimension and personality, etc. through it all. I'm not attracted to him in any way shape or form....or any of the others for that matter.

As for the girl thing.....ew. no. "Bad boy" girls usually just piss me off in a movie or show or whatever.

as for the topic. They are a reflection of their creators. Whatever the mindset of the creator....that would be their orientation. Not saying that as a writer I could not create a homsexual character...or an asexual one, etc. but it would feel awkward to a reader because I have no reference point in my life to "flesh out" such a character. There would be alot of little nuances that I would not know / couldn't pick up on that would make the character seem not quite right (or the character would end up being a giant stereotype). Since I see no awkwardness of character in the turtles, I feel that they are all heterosexual males, as are their creators.
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #119
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
deliver me.
since whenever we start discussing their sex orientaion,it isn't a good idea,coz it's children's show,thus they ain't about sex.and if you talk about homo issue in the present of the parents,they ain't gonna like it.
does this make sence?@x@
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #120
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I'm not attracted to him in any way shape or form....or any of the others for that matter.
Well, I wasn't talking about a romantic or sexual attraction. Your attraction to making friends isn't romantic or sexual (I should hope). But, I guess my question insulted some people as no one else wants to reply. Sorry. I have foot-in-mouth disease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
deliver me.
since whenever we start discussing their sex orientaion,it isn't a good idea,coz it's children's show,thus they ain't about sex.and if you talk about homo issue in the present of the parents,they ain't gonna like it.
does this make sence?@x@
Absolutely. That's why the homosexual couples were edited out of the North American version of Sailor Moon. Queen Beryl had no female generals.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.