The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
can i ask a serious Q...?

oh u mean the previous r not serious?no of course not!

iv been considering this issue for long:r these turtles asexual?*shot down*

yea im sane enough,look,though their voices r guys,and theyv been called "my sons",they r turtles,male turtles'...stuffs r right in their tails as far as i kno,and they don't have any tails or the like, so how did splinter recognize they r guys?by voice?then it came to me that a girl called "sydney"(??) was mutated into some kinda of monster with a male voice as well as physique and the turtles didn't recognize until he/she was changed back normal,so my point is:the mutant thing does mess up with the victim's sex,sooo...whatever the turtles's original sex r,they r now asexual.
but really,sex has nothing to do with them right?they ain't even human.they rborn to fight for justice and protect others.XD
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
You do realize asexual and genderless aren't the same thing, right?

They're...simply male turtles. Male turtles exist in the real world. As for how Splinter knew they were male, uh, how they acted?

As far as their sexuality, some of the Turtles have been given love interests in the various universes. The Mirage one is currently in Volume 4 with Mikey and The Regenta, who actually have sex and produce offspring.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
that's wut im saying,they r male turtles, and don't have tails?0xo
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
can i ask a serious Q...?
While there aren't any serious Qs around here, you can always ask us instead. If you watch the eps with the unmutated turtles, you can see that their tails are plainly visible. So, Splinter just remembers from way back then. Plus, with all their other masculine characteristics, it's pretty undeniable. Since reproduction was not an option, their bits just mutated away... along with their need for a toilet.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
They dont have tails in the toons or movies cos they're afraid of parents going OMGTHey're showing their weeners!!! When it's just a freaking tail. Parents, unlike me(us rare TMNT fan parents) freak out over every stupid little thing. Turtles have tails.


They got em in the mirage books in all sorts of sizes and shapes...I never draw a TMNT w/out a tail...and a longer more male turtle looking tail, not the tiny girly short tails they draw them with.

I consider them totally capable of hankey pankey but can't have kids...(but thats what fics are for)
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
stupid parents XDDDDDDDDDDD
thanks to them their kids all got freaked out in their anatomy classes.LOL
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #7
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I don't know why but I thought the orginal poster was asking what the turtles sexual orientation was . Like if they are attracted to females or males or none of they above.

Persoanlly in terms of sexual orienatation I think the turtles are all heterosexual in that they would be interested and attracted to females except that they can't because they are not human.

Although, as far as the 2k3 series goes, I think the turtles are all asexual and actually have no desire what so ever to pursue that beyond simple platonic admiration (except maybe in Donatello's case with April ). I don't think they ever think actively "wow, that chick is hot, wish I wasn't a turtle so I could do her" I don'think the 2k3 turtles actually have those types of feelings. Although don't get me wrong I think the turtles could think a girl is pretty and appreciate that about her, just not get any lewd thoughts over it.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
They dont have tails in the toons or movies cos they're afraid of parents going OMGTHey're showing their weeners!!! When it's just a freaking tail. Parents, unlike me(us rare TMNT fan parents) freak out over every stupid little thing. Turtles have tails.
Heh, well if you look at the way their tails are drawn in some of the Mirage comics...it does make you go, "Hmmm..."
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:40 AM   #9
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I think that their tails have now mutated into really short stubs that are between their carapace and bottom of the plastron. They would only have the cloaca opening. If they did not have one, they would die of poisoning from accumulated wastes. They did have tails pre-mutation, so Splinter (in all versions) probably recognized that all 4 Turtles were male due to the tail length.

I do wish they had kept the tails. I did have a customer go berserk and try to get "Froggy Plays Soccer" off the shelves in my library simply because in ONE picture, Froggy has a bent knee with a shin guard on top. Her little boy asked if it was the frog's genital organ (I do not know if in soccer you need an athletic supporter, but in baseball you do) and the mother freaked out because she said it looked like the frog was "protecting his privates". The four librarians who reviewed the book decided her complaint was futile and that it was clear that the frog- who was already fully dressed- was just putting on leg protection.

Regarding orientation- just because no sexual interests have been shown for a person does not automatically mean that he or she is asexual. I do not have a significant other nor have dated anyone or even had a crush on anyone in a long time- yet I am not asexual.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #10
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I think the turtles are all asexual and actually have no desire what so ever to pursue that beyond simple platonic admiration (except maybe in Donatello's case with April )..


OMG! our April?!did u say that...did u mean that...he err...April???NOOOOOOOO APRIL'S CASEY'S GIRL!DON'T EVEN THINK 'BOUT IT!

look at wut's ur bros' reactions:
leo:don,r u sure 'bout it?do u consider it calmly and systematically?have u ever come up with the conception that u r kinda insantly sick?
raph:ya gotta be kidding me!
mikey:dude,wut,wut is this,another nightmare?

REMEBER WUT SPLINTER ALWAYS SAYS DUDE:REPEAT AFTER ME,I CRAVE HUMAN NO MORE.
that'd make u kinda of monster Donnie boy!
now if u r so kind to follow me:I CRAVE HUMAN NO MORE.good,again,I CRAVE HUMAN NO MORE.now a deep breath,again,I CRAVE HUMAN NO MORE.
that's right my boy,good job donnie,welcome back to reality.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
APRIL'S CASEY'S GIRL! DON'T EVEN THINK 'BOUT IT!
I like the way you think, Syd, as I'm a big-time Casey/April supporter, originally took a liking to that couple after renting the first movie.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.


Last edited by CharmedSerenity; 09-26-2007 at 07:51 AM.
CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #12
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
that's right!i just hate thoes turtle/human pairings!esp.donnie/april!why'd donnie do that anyway?he's a turtle!
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
that's right!i just hate thoes turtle/human pairings!esp.donnie/april!why'd donnie do that anyway?he's a turtle!
Then why is there a kid kissing Michelangelo in your current signature?
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #14
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I think that their tails have now mutated into really short stubs that are between their carapace and bottom of the plastron. They would only have the cloaca opening. (which is normal, reptiles only have a cloaca) If they did not have one, they would die of poisoning from accumulated wastes. They did have tails pre-mutation, so Splinter (in all versions) probably recognized that all 4 Turtles were male due to the tail length.
Actually, if the guys were hatchlings (he says he found em as babies) he would not know if they were boys or girls, you can't tell with a normal turtle to about at least 3" or so.
In TMNT 1, those were not baby turtles! I could recognize at least 2 were mature males! Now I can see if sensei found them as 4" babies as you'd find at PetCo, he'd know if they're guys or gals. But then he wouldn't know right off, how would a rat suddenly know what boys tails look like unless he saw something peek out of their tail.
I think one of the big shockers is that in the comics, they are sexual beings. OMG Mikey did that princess chick! He's not a virgin! So there's the answer if they have the desire, yes they do in the right situations; or in Mike's situation, the wrong. I personally want Raph to hook up with a girl
The way I see it as far as any natural urges, they're matured males, full of hormones, (esp raph, alot of aggression can be caused by male hormones) and should have the normal need to breed; their only options: human females. Not that they'd really act upon those urges but who says they don't have a stack of Playboys?

Interesting point about Sydney. Her voice was deepened by her mutation; they guys had no idea she was a she until she reverted, and their reaction was great! I wish Raph or Mikey peeked, that would be so like them to do that.
__________________

Last edited by Buslady; 09-26-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #15
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
In the new cartoon, maybe it could be argued that they could be female, because of that whole Sydney thing you mentioned. Seems really unlikely, though, and those mutations seem to have been caused by a different means than the Turtles' mutations. At any rate, Splinter probably could have checked under their tails before they mutated. Or after they mutated. What's to say they don't have some sort of genitalia tucked up there somewhere.

But "asexual" doesn't mean having no biological sex, it means having no sexual desire. My suspicion is that the Turtles are capable of sexual feelings, but having no real outlet for them, the Turtles' sexualities have become stunted due to disuse. I suppose Raph's aggression could be an outlet, and he just doesn't realize that he's sexually frustrated. The other guys find other things to occupy their time (Leo meditates and is really spiritual and I doubt he ever has sexual urges at all; Don seems to have a definite crush on April in a couple mediums and may be the most aware of his sexual desire, but he ignores it because he's not a human; and Mike ... well, I really can't imagine him with sexuality. But then he went and had sex in Volume 4. Geh).
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #16
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
Then why is there a kid kissing Michelangelo in your current signature?
LoL! That's Mikey Kelley kissing the poster of Michaelangelo at the TMNT premiere. He's just being playful.
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
In the new cartoon, maybe it could be argued that they could be female, because of that whole Sydney thing you mentioned. Seems really unlikely, though, and those mutations seem to have been caused by a different means than the Turtles' mutations. At any rate, Splinter probably could have checked under their tails before they mutated. Or after they mutated. What's to say they don't have some sort of genitalia tucked up there somewhere.

But "asexual" doesn't mean having no biological sex, it means having no sexual desire. My suspicion is that the Turtles are capable of sexual feelings, but having no real outlet for them, the Turtles' sexualities have become stunted due to disuse. I suppose Raph's aggression could be an outlet, and he just doesn't realize that he's sexually frustrated. The other guys find other things to occupy their time (Leo meditates and is really spiritual and I doubt he ever has sexual urges at all; Don seems to have a definite crush on April in a couple mediums and may be the most aware of his sexual desire, but he ignores it because he's not a human; and Mike ... well, I really can't imagine him with sexuality. But then he went and had sex in Volume 4. Geh).
Not to mention that Mike was in his thirties then.... probably outgrew the whole 'play videogames/read comicbook' thing and was mature enough to see women in that kind of light. Besides, Mirage Mike was always the most eager to live in the 'real world' while the other 3 didn't really cater to it, so surprisingly he'd actually be the most sexually frustated, possibly wishing he could go out with a girl and take her to the movies like any normal couple he'd seen on TV many times before. Now that he found love with a fellow reptile, I guess he decided to go for it.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #18
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
oh u mean the previous r not serious?no of course not!

iv been considering this issue for long:r these turtles asexual?*shot down*

yea im sane enough,look,though their voices r guys,and theyv been called "my sons",they r turtles,male turtles'...stuffs r right in their tails as far as i kno,and they don't have any tails or the like, so how did splinter recognize they r guys?by voice?then it came to me that a girl called "sydney"(??) was mutated into some kinda of monster with a male voice as well as physique and the turtles didn't recognize until he/she was changed back normal,so my point is:the mutant thing does mess up with the victim's sex,sooo...whatever the turtles's original sex r,they r now asexual.
After reading this post a few times, I think I finally understand what you are saying.
Sydney was a chick - Then she was mutated and appeared to be a male. So you think perhaps the turtles could have been female was well?

I'd say no. Sydney was a human, the guys were not. Sydney was mutated by the foot with different mutagen than the guys. And still, we don't know Quarry's gender. Quarry could have been either male or female. And besides, the 2k3 series isn't that deep. It's accepted that the turtles are in fact male.

As far as the asexual question, they are male. We know they have genitals because Mike has reproduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
but really,sex has nothing to do with them right?they ain't even human.they rborn to fight for justice and protect others.XD
Actually I don't know how accurate that is. IMO they were to avenge hamato yoshi. They were assassins

Don definately likes April
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #19
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
In the new cartoon, maybe it could be argued that they could be female
It absoloutley could not be argued

Besides, Female Mutant Ninja Turtles have boobs

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #20
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post

As far as the asexual question, they are male. We know they have genitals because Mike has reproduced.

Mikey has NOT reproduced. He did the deed, he is not a father as of yet there's no proof that his the father of those eggs. No way in )@!(#$ Can they do it then suddenly there's a clutch of eggs. Unless Peter's got some crazy explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It absolutely could not be argued

Besides, Female Mutant Ninja Turtles have boobs
It's Jarrah's girlfriend!
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.