The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #101
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobTurn View Post
Sounds cool! Although he'll just be a fool taking the name of the one, true Shredder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azXHVMnvcYs
he'll probably be a great character! Have you heard who's his voice-actor yet? I know you can't tell me, I'd just like to know if you know
No, like I said we only saw art of him as well as the toy from playmates.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #102
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I'll say this much, Shredder looks amazing.
Freddy krueger would crap his pants.
Oh, good! I've been looking for a way to do that. I've been having trouble sleeping lately.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #103
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I just saw the design but was told that he wouldn't be comic relief.
He is the Shredder but unlike any on you've seen before.
Sounds interesting, Vaughn. Would you be willing to go into more detail on his look, seeing as the non-disclosure agreement is now up?

Unlike any we've seen before, huh? Is this hyperbole, or the real deal?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #104
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Sounds interesting, Vaughn. Would you be willing to go into more detail on his look, seeing as the non-disclosure agreement is now up?

Unlike any we've seen before, huh? Is this hyperbole, or the real deal?
Yeah man, and does he have two hand gauntlets again? After all, Saki is the Shredder, so he should have more blades, not less.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #105
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utromshredderhater View Post
Your right, We need some thing more intimidating, but I stand by Super Shredder
Super Shredder is just a terrible, terrible idea. It looked ridiculous in the 2nd movie, and just makes no sense....we've yet to see a really well thought out and written human shredder on tv/film, so why turn to the easy/childish gimmick of making him "super"?
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #106
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I think he should look like the lead singer from Buck-Tick.

__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #107
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
The Shredder I want to see would be intimidating, a force to be reckoned with. I would like to see him in an almost Emperor Palpatine role. I want it to be when he decides to step in and get his hands dirty there are consequences. I want to see him win sometimes, show that even though the turtles are trying their hardest to stop him it doesn't always go their way.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #108
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
will the new Shredder have the Shredder theme that the 2003 shredder had? i mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEldD...eature=related

it was the best theme for the Shredder. And the 2012 Shredder must have the same great theme!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #109
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
They won't use it and they shouldn't. Who wants to be reminded of the 2k3 show anyway?

Nobody that's who.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #110
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I agree with Stryker...it's a new series. Shredder will have a new "theme."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #111
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
will the new Shredder have the Shredder theme that the 2003 shredder had? i mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEldD...eature=related

it was the best theme for the Shredder. And the 2012 Shredder must have the same great theme!
Not to sound like a douche but that theme sucks.
The Shredder's Suite was much better IMO.
With that being said Ol Shredhead should have a new theme. If all of his themes were the same you'd have to listen to this to go along with every Shredder incarnation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDpwEnZf6Q
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #112
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
I would love for Shredder to look like the pic in Venom's sig. Where is that from anyway? It's awesome!
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #113
$HREDDER
Random Punk
 
$HREDDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: BC CANADA
Posts: 34
Why cant SHREDDER look like all of the above? I mean first he fights the turtles with his comic/87 cartoon suit he beats them but says shoot these guys are dangerous then he has one more like samurai armor or the 2k2 cartoon. Shredder should not be limited to one look he can even be just oroku saki with one of the blades like in the 2k2 cartoon. These are just my opinions interested what you all think of this.
$HREDDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #114
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
I would love for Shredder to look like the pic in Venom's sig. Where is that from anyway? It's awesome!
Sme dude's blog I found on Google Images.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #115
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
will the new Shredder have the Shredder theme that the 2003 shredder had? i mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEldD...eature=related

it was the best theme for the Shredder. And the 2012 Shredder must have the same great theme!
That doesn't sound like a theme as much as an arrangement of noises.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #116
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I just saw the design but was told that he wouldn't be comic relief.
He is the Shredder but unlike any on you've seen before.
I don't know if that's really a good thing. He was a crazy genocidal maniac in 2K3 who was arguable the most dangerous Shredder of any incarnation. Turtles Forever addressed that pretty well. In the comics he was a crime lord/semi-immortal bad ass who had a problem keeping his limbs attached. In Next Mutation he was a crazy hobo. He's been a scientist/comic relief character, an alien, a mutant shark, a tengu demon, and a computer virus.

I guess the question is what is it they think they're gonna do to make him different then any Shredder we've ever seen before? He can't get anymore bad ass, insane, genocidal, crazy, or powerful.

If we're talking pure looks though slapping a Freddy Kruger inspired glove on his hand better not be all they did. I'm hoping for a bad ass helmet design and they better ditch the purple unless it's a very dark purple.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #117
herugrim
Random Punk
 
herugrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 40
Kinda hoping for a movie inspired look, at least in the helmet design.

Otherwise, I haven't seen a shredder yet that I would say I don't like. I'm sure this one will be awesome as well.
herugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #118
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That doesn't sound like a theme as much as an arrangement of noises.
I initially read that as "arrogant noises" and thought "How fitting for Saki."

Shredder's Suite is probably the best Shredder theme thus far, so hopefully the Nick theme will be compelling to some degree.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #119
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
Big fat no to Raph Shredder. Always thought that was dumb...

However, I think you nailed it with the Mirage Shredder. Anyone who thinks he's a "secondary character" doesn't understand the Mirage comics. Shredder is the main villain in the Mirage comics. He's dead, yes, but everything he is/was completely affects the Turtles world. Killing Shredder didn't make him any less signifigant. He haunts them beyond the grave in ways they could have never imagined.
I agree about the Shredder. He's like the turtle's Lex Luthor, Joker, Magneto, and even Green Goblin to their everyday lives. Why on Earth would anyone want to put him aside? Plus, I picture him like a Highlander: immortal.

I will say this. Raphael having a vision that he takes the Shredder's place would be cool. But of course, I'm not really into that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBurn30 View Post
i want shredder to look like the comic book classic mix with the 2k3. which is almost the same lol.
I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
Super Shredder is just a terrible, terrible idea. It looked ridiculous in the 2nd movie, and just makes no sense....we've yet to see a really well thought out and written human shredder on tv/film, so why turn to the easy/childish gimmick of making him "super"?
I thought Super Shredder was cool. He was a lot better than Tokka and Rahzar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
will the new Shredder have the Shredder theme that the 2003 shredder had? i mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEldD...eature=related

it was the best theme for the Shredder. And the 2012 Shredder must have the same great theme!
I'm sorry. I'm not feeling it. It's not as terrifying as Megabyte's theme from Reboot. If you want to listen to that, maybe you should find a clip of Megabyte in his tower, then you'll hear his theme. Or at least give him the T-1000 theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herugrim View Post
Kinda hoping for a movie inspired look, at least in the helmet design.

Otherwise, I haven't seen a shredder yet that I would say I don't like. I'm sure this one will be awesome as well.
I know what you mean. I can't wait.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #120
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
I want Shredder to be more formidable.Still want him to be human but very intimadating.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.