The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
How would you want Shredder to look?

So how does everybody want the big boss of the bad guys to look, Aside from me wanting him to be HUMAN, I would like him to look the way he did in reshelled
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Different from any other, but still familiar.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I want to see it and say "That's Shredder."
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I want him to have a plastic mask held in place by a string, and a plastic smock tied around his neck that says "THE SHREDDER" on it, in block letters, and has a picture of The Shredder standing under it, arms raised in triumph. Plus sweatpants and black Nikes.

JUST DO IT!!!
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
I want him to look badass.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Just have him look the way he did in the original movie.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Just have him look the way he did in the original movie.
Amen to that
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Wouldn't it be awesome if they make Shredder a throw-away character, like they did in the Mirage comics? I'd laugh so hard!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if they make Shredder a throw-away character, like they did in the Mirage comics? I'd laugh so hard!
Nah, they wouldn't do that. Shredder's too popular a character to just be given a one-shot appearance.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Nah, they wouldn't do that. Shredder's too popular a character to just be given a one-shot appearance.
Okay, he can come back for a three part special, only to be made OUTTA WORMS"


I like my Shredder with four arms. And a cape.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 255
We have to have look fearful and intimidating
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Just have him look the way he did in the original movie.
This was my favorite interpretation I would love to him in the NICK TOON, but as long as he is human and BA i dont care.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I just hope they have him human.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
With TWO hand blades. The first movie sold the idea of having one but two is just that much cooler. How can Saki "shred" with a fist?!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #15
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I would definitely prefer a leaner, more ninja-like Shredder, this time. Sure, he can be a big, strong warrior, but the whole suit of armor thing doesn't really work for me.
The look he had from the first tmnt movie, was the best he has ever looked.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I would definitely prefer a leaner, more ninja-like Shredder, this time. Sure, he can be a big, strong warrior, but the whole suit of armor thing doesn't really work for me.
The look he had from the first tmnt movie, was the best he has ever looked.
Over time, the old movie suit has lost some of it's coolness to me.

I feel it's the oversized face mask, it looks like Saki needs to hide a double-chin under there when in fact it was a little Japanese dude. The shoulder armor is too small and justs sits there, and the hand blade should have had more than just a strap to hold on to. There is no possible way Saki could feasibly use the blades without injuring himself because the strap and blades has no other support.

It disappoints me some, because I LOVED Shredder's suit in the first movie.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Given how much that I absolutely HATE the Shredder, I really don't care WHAT he looks like in the new series, BEYOND the fact that, yes, he SHOULD be human, rather than an Utrom, and that I DO hope that he looks FAIRLY decent, in regards to appearance. Other than THAT, like I said, I could care less.

Sorry, but I can't STAND the guy, and I hope that Nick uses him SPARINGLY, like 4kids did in the 2K3 series. The OT overdid it, in regards to having him in every single ep of THAT one, IMHO. Less is more, NO?
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Honestly, I love the cape. I know it's a sellout look or whatever, but I always felt it suited him.
If he looks like he would've in the 2001 WB cgi show, I'll be pretty happy. Though, I take silver over gold regarding the armor.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Honestly, I love the cape. I know it's a sellout look or whatever, but I always felt it suited him.
If he looks like he would've in the 2001 WB cgi show, I'll be pretty happy. Though, I take silver over gold regarding the armor.
Urgh. Please, no cape. That's the one thing that I didn't like about the OT Shredder. He had an over-blown ego to start with, and with a cape, that just enforced his delusions of granduer.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I dunno, I just think he works it. If he's going to be incompetent, no cape. Only a boss deserves a cape. Heh.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.