The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #101
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
This was really enjoyable and I figured something like that would happen with
Spoiler:
Splinter
.
Spoiler:
I bet he's the one that wants to see Leonardo at the Battle Nexus.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #102
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
I thought this was an exquisite issue. Hoping for more (as most of us are).

Wonder if the twist threw a wrench into Odyssey. Andrew?
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #103
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
Wonder if the twist threw a wrench into Odyssey. Andrew?
Not even remotely.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not even remotely.
Splinter is not in Odyssey at all? And by that I mean Mirage Splinter?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #105
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Just finished....and all i have to say is:
CURSE YOU PETER LAIRD!!!

So many new plot threads and cans-o-worms opened and who knows how long it will take to have them all resolved.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
There's only 3 long-running plots still going:

1. The Virtuous Warriors. This ties in with the Battle Nexus, the two Splinter's, Oroku Yoshi, and everything else. This is all just one huge plot incorporating a lot of different characters.

2. Mikey wanting revenge against the Regenta and the Stryacodons while working with the Triceratons. We still don't know if Mikey actually had real kids with her or not.

3. April returning home to meet Casey/Shadow and whatever Karai did with Casey. Nothing special.


Raphael's plotline with the vampires is done. Remember those vampires were all arrested in a previous issue, and Raph is back to normal. Likewise Donnie's plot with the talking mutated lizards and the Utroms is over...he's just still tiny.

I think the only other minor subplot is the Xihad extremist groups who hate the Utroms...but they're low on the scale and probably will be dealt with off-screen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #107
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
I think the storylines will run together soon. Leo will meet the "original" Splinter, Raph & Don will find out about the Battle Nexus too, and will enter too. I'm guessing Mikey will deal with the Styracodons and then will join the last fight against the Virtue somehow.

I don't get all the "but why are the attacking the foot?" questions, it's about a 100% explained. The Foot released books about their magic, Leo and Karai talked about that some issues ago. Now it was stated that:
1.) Oroku Yoshi not just have nothing to do with the foot clan, he doesn't even know what is it.
2.) The Warriors of Virtue aare gainst anyone who use magic. But it was almost obvious back at that Karai/Leo talk.

So it's explained, the only thing we don't know is why they hate magic users so much they want to vanish them from all multiverse.
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #108
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Anyone notice the Quazine?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #109
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Not really a fan of the Splinter thing, it feels too... Superhero comic book.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #110
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not really a fan of the Splinter thing, it feels too... Superhero comic book.
Especially since PL said he's not a fan of bringing characters back from the dead.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #111
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
And the way Splinter died felt so natural, and ominous with the spirit of the Rat King lurking in the background.

What's next. Saki didn't actually die?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #112
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Loved reading this. Man, how I've missed having a new Mirage book... It always brought me such a good feeling, and that same feeling came rushing back to me as I opened the cover. The thick pages, Pete's lengthy intros & personalized exterior, everything was as it should be. & all the plot stuff certainly gets you invested! I agree with whoever mentioned it earlier, that Lavigne's inks better suit Lawsons pencils. Looked real sharp towards the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not really a fan of the Splinter thing, it feels too... Superhero comic book.
I'm not not a fan of it, but I do agree. For one reason or another though, I have a feeling that there may have been some foreshadowing of a situation like this in a past issue, be it Tales or otherwise... So I'm really curious & hoping that's the case because Ima be like OH SNAP WHAAAAT THAT'S ILL if so. If not, then I may feel more in line with how you do now.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I don't think PL will bring Splinter back to life. I think there's something we're missing
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #114
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Got mine in the mail yesterday.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Can anyone ask Dan when this issue will be on the Mirage website? I'm surprised its still not available to order from Mirage. I'm not paying Steve Lavinge's ridiculous shipping prices.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #116
TheWarrior97
Foot Soldier
 
TheWarrior97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 219
Got my issue and print in the mail yesterday. Both crease damaged. Damn mail man. Proper packing is essential in this "mail world"
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #117
Mobius37
Thug
 
Mobius37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 83
I got mine in the mail earlier this week and unfortunately my mailman stuffed it in my apartment mailbox (he fit it by bending it), instead of leaving it with the front desk, as they do with larger packages.
Mobius37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #118
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
Got my two comic issues from steve. My mailman creased the top of the shipping envelope, but it didn't impact the comics. I should be getting my other comics from a friend tomorrow. Hoping he doesn't shove it in my box. Now waiting to find out if I was the last person to order a print.

I've also decided not to read the actual print copies, but read it online. Even tho I know I will be missing the turtle tracks and pictures.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #119
thingy
Foot Soldier
 
thingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 111
Actually the online copy includes Turtle Tracks/the pics so you'll still be able to look at those.

I'll be ordering a print copy when it appear on the Mirage site.
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #120
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Yeah, my copy got stuffed in my apartment mail box, too, rather than sent to the office like all my other packages.

Luckily, the bag and boarding inside the envelope absorbed most of the damage, so the issue-itself didn't get any folds or creases.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.