The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2003, 09:01 PM   #101
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
You guys probably don't care but did you see how FAT the Foot soldiers looked in the TMNT vs. Foot Soldiers at TGRI ?
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #102
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Yeah, they were pretty chunky for Runaway teens turned Ninja henchmen. I think they just dug up some cheap extras for the group scenes and used maybe two stunt-doubles for the action scenes.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 04:43 AM   #103
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!
 
Dr. Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Castle Doom
Posts: 4,535
Well that one that catches the canister and is all like "AAAH-HAAAA!" Is kinda large, but I think they did that on purpose.
__________________
Dr. Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 02:28 PM   #104
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I think a non tmnt fan can watch this movie..but if i was watching the new show with a non-fan...I would feel embarresed at some of the dumb things...i dont feel that way about this movie though.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 05:01 PM   #105
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
That's what was so great about the movies though. It didn't matter if you never heard about TMNT before, cause the films were set in their own little universe!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:32 PM   #106
spazyk
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 36
I don't know about you but TMNT II was my fav out of all three TMNT I was to boring for me. TMNT III was just way to cheesy and boring. But I can watch TMNT II over and over and not get sick of it.... I really don't care about all the LITTLE things... the movie is fun to watch... OK now you guys can yell at me... because I like it and you don't
__________________


http://tmnt.my-reality.net
spazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #107
LEOTMNT
Thug
 
LEOTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: upstate
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazyk View Post
I don't know about you but TMNT II was my fav out of all three TMNT I was to boring for me. TMNT III was just way to cheesy and boring. But I can watch TMNT II over and over and not get sick of it.... I really don't care about all the LITTLE things... the movie is fun to watch... OK now you guys can yell at me... because I like it and you don't
WELL.... Cool! i loved TMNTII as a kid because just that, its a fun movie to watch with the turtles!! that said now...yes, i definitely notice how poorly written it was at moments, whether due to restrains by the fact that it was "dumbed" down for a younger audience or whatever be it. The quality in the suits did steadily decline throughout the movies which was sad and the weapons became laughable accessories. the sound effects as mentioned was also unnecessary. but still a solid TMNT film!

so now TMNT I is has been my favorite for many years now but followed by TMNTII and uh...its a shame they didnt make any more. well the 07TMNT wasnt too bad. And turtles forever.

annnd i just realized that this thread has been dead since 03...
__________________
T-U-R-T-L-E POWER
LEOTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #108
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hahahaha
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #109
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I agree with most of what LEOTMNT said except for the suit decline. I believe that the suits in TMNT II were better for the most part than the suits in TMNT I except for Mikey seeming to be a little more vertically challenged. I thought the expressions and mouth movements were much smoother than the first movie. Its so hard to believe that it went from that to the crapshoot that is TMNT III. Man those turtles look awfully and their mouths are just flapping non stop, they say one word and their lips would flap 10 times.

TMNT II was probably my favorite growing up, I just loved the opening fight scene in the mall, and yeah I notice how dumbed down it seems today but I still find it very enjoyable to watch, but TMNT I is just awesome. Wish they could have carried more of the grittiness from movie I over to number II.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #110
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Yeah lol but now its alive and well again thanks 2 u

But yeah I pretty much feel the same way
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #111
Herald7
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 286
To be honest I thought the suits/puppets were a little more creepy looking this time around, lol. I guess they were trying to look more realistic, but sometimes that's not the way to go, lol.
__________________
"Leave it to Donatello to have a homing device that fits a snake!"

Last edited by Herald7; 01-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Herald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #112
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
As a kid I loved this movie, it was definately my favorite back in the day. I remember seeing it at the movies with my dad. As an adult TMNT I is my favorite but I still like TMNT II a lot.

There are 3 things I found dissapointing as a kid I still find dissapointing now.

1. No use of weapons, at one moment Leo teases by pulling half of his swords out of his sheets but they go right back in shortly after. Dissapointing!

2. Tokka and Rahzar. Don't get me wrong, I like their characters but when I saw this movie the first time as a kid and after all this talk about mutagen I was pumped to see, who else, Bebop and Rocksteady on the big screen! So yeah, when it turned out to be 2 different mutants I was dissapointed !

Note to Tatsu: A rhino and a warthog are a lot more dangerous then a dog and a snapper turtle dude.
Shredder: "these were the most dangerous animals you could find?"
Tatsu: "*Noobish acknowledging grunt*"

3. Jordan Perry should've been Baxter Stockman. This issue is not remotely on the same level as the issue with Tokka and Rahzar but I'd lie if I say it never bothered me.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #113
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Definitely could have chosen more threatening animals to mutate. I always wonder what kinds of off-camera discussions super-villains have when their plans go awry...

SHREDDER: That's the best you could find? Seriously?

TATSU: What's wrong with them?

SHREDDER: Oh, I don't know, maybe I wasn't exactly planning on building a super-mutant out of a cuddly little puppy dog?

TATSU: Woah, okay, first of all, it's not a dog, it's a wolf...

SHREDDER: It's two friggin' weeks old! It's trying to climb into a slipper!

TATSU: Okay, LISTEN, a**hole, you call me at 3 in the morning, "Go find me some animals," every pet store in New York is CLOSED, do you understand that?! So YES, this was the BEST that I could find behind the dumpster at White Castle at 3 in the f*cking morning, OKAY?!

SHREDDER: Why didn't you break into the zoo?

TATSU: Do you listen to yourself? "Why didn't I break into the zoo?" Who the hell breaks into a ZOO?!

SHREDDER: ...Someone could.

TATSU: Like who?

SHREDDER: ......Crazy people...?

TATSU: That's right, crazy people. Crazy people would break into a zoo at 3am, just like crazy people would try and turn a wolf into a... what exactly did you say the plan was?

SHREDDER: I'm building an army of super-mutants to destroy those wretched Turtles!

TATSU: Okay, see, this is why stuff gets screwed up, we don't communicate. If you had TOLD me you wanted animals for some kind of mutant army, I could have done something else entirely.

SHREDDER: What did you THINK I wanted them for?!

TATSU: I thought you were lonely! I thought you wanted a pet! How was I supposed to just KNOW you were going to pump them full of steroids and teach them how to kickbox?

SHREDDER: How would me having a PET help me destroy the turtles?!

TATSU: I thought you wouldn't be so stressed out all the time, yeeeeeesh! Listen buddy, this isn't about me, this is about you. You're over-thinking these plans of yours. We can do better against those turtles. Y'know people actually use guns nowadays?

SHREDDER: I like the idea of fighting giant mutants with giant mutants. We're going with it.

TATSU: Yeah but if you would'a told me... y'know what, nevermind, this is getting us nowhere. How'd the other one turn out?

SHREDDER: The snapping turtle? Ehhhh... did it HAVE to be another turtle? That seems so lazy...

TATSU: Are we back to THIS sh*t again?!

SHREDDER: No, I'm sorry, you're right, you're right, I should have told you what the plan was... but how do we know they're not related?

TATSU: What on Earth are you talking about? How can a wolf and a snapping turtle...?

SHREDDER: NO you idiot, how do we know this one isn't related to the other turtles? Like, we go to unleash these two on them, he recognizes them, turns on us and we're all f*cked royal, y'know?

TATSU: I still say you're thinking too much. This plan f*cking sucks. Let's just shoot the friggin' turtles and get it over with already.

SHREDDER: Where is this coming from?

TATSU: Oh LOOK at you, you make me sick! You and all your theatrical nonsense, call yourself a ninja but you traipse around covered in steak knives for chrissakes... y'know anyone can hear you comiing from a block away with all that crap you wear? How is that stealthy?

SHREDDER: It looks f*cking badass! I had to buy 17 blenders and take metal shop just to put it together, don't you give me sh*t just because I look like a GOD and you walk around in your bathrobe all day, grunting like you're constipated.

TATSU: Y'know what? I hope those turtles kill you, or kill me, because I swear I am NEVER working with you again after this fiasco.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #114
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Baxter Stockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
3. Jordan Perry should've been Baxter Stockman. This issue is not remotely on the same level as the issue with Tokka and Rahzar but I'd lie if I say it never bothered me.
If so, we would have a TMNT universe where Baxter Stockman is a good guy.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #115
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
As a kid, I first thought Perry was Baxter Stockman.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #116
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
Illness:
- the tgri story
- the turtles were still holding it down just like the 1st movie
- hot april
- splinter looked awesome (he took a shower i guess)
- the new lair

Complaints:
- Baxter Stockman should've at least gotten a name drop in this film
- Beebop and Rocksteady would've been grand
- Tokka and Rahzar got defeated way to easily
- movie was a bit to slapstickish
- Shredder was defeated to easily
- why the need for Vanilla Ice?
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #117
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Sucks balls

lol weve been over this so many times I think everyone covered every thing
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #118
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I actually watched this movie the most as a kid since I was raised on the cartoon (I was only 5 when the first movie came out and the cartoon was still where it was at), and I agree with a lot of what others have posted already. Even back then I could remember how distracting the Ninja Rap scene was, it took attention away from the battle and drew toward an artist who at the time had his brief career fall by the wayside. And I'm disappointed in the use of Shredder. I remember confusing the scientist for Baxter given how similar he was in style. I even thought that at the time the movie had continuity with the cartoon, despite April working for Channel 3, thinking that they don't really watch the cartoon.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 01-26-2012 at 08:41 PM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #119
Herald7
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
despite April working for Channel 3
I still remember seeing the 1st movie in the theater and whispering to my Dad, "But she works for Channel 6!" Dad of course said "Shhh!" and I was left confused, Lol
__________________
"Leave it to Donatello to have a homing device that fits a snake!"
Herald7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #120
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
3. Jordan Perry should've been Baxter Stockman. This issue is not remotely on the same level as the issue with Tokka and Rahzar but I'd lie if I say it never bothered me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
If so, we would have a TMNT universe where Baxter Stockman is a good guy.
Would that be so bad?
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.