The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Please don't try and eat my face anymore!
New Intro and new wheels! Woohoo! 51 70.83%
Splinter is kinda disturbing in just his skivvies... :\ 8 11.11%
Oh look... Super April finds/saves/cures Splinter... yippee. 6 8.33%
After seeing those Shredder clones, I have the strongest craving for seafood... 7 9.72%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2015, 03:18 PM   #101
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Leo wouldn't let Mikey come along with him, Raph and Donnie to explore the abandoned lair, even though he wanted to help.
Yeah but I explained that in a previous post. They probably be worried he would of got too excited or maybe wondered off to his bedroom when the place could be dangerous as they haven't been there for months. Or they didn't want him getting upset because if Splinter was in the lair they wouldn't know what state he was in.

They were only protecting him that was it.

Mikey did admit later he wanted his stuff back.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 01-25-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:18 PM   #102
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Hands down this was my favorite episode of the season so far!
And these may be my favorite versions of the Shredder Clones in any series.
They looked so bad ass but I loved how Splinter took them down.
Also was anyone else wondering what other creatures Baxter had in those glass habitats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Anyone catch the line of Baxter working on retromutagen to try to change himself back into a human?
Yes loved that!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #103
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Awesome episode. It's amazing that Splinter lost his mind and became his rat self, but at least he was restored. Loved the Shredder clones and how Leo stopped Splinter from fighting Shredder in the end. The reunion was touching just as I thought it would be. Oh, and Leo was shown having two swords when he said, "We have to find a place to hang our masks, Sensei." So he magically did get them back. And I loved how Mikey found Antonio's as the place to hide. As for Mikey's treatment, I think it was more that they were protecting him and making sure he wouldn't do anything rash like touch anything since he's prone to that. Overall, an awesome episode for sure. Loved it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #104
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier
 
yellowmario27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Leo wouldn't let Mikey come along with him, Raph and Donnie to explore the abandoned lair, even though he wanted to help.
i think it was because he was being too loud, Leo had to shush him before that scene also iirc

i don't think it's that big a deal tbh, Casey and April stayed behind too
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #105
Bloxxsaur
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Greater London, England
Posts: 6
Loved the new episode, excuse the lack of sig and portrait, I only post rarely.

Apart from the change of scenery, the smaller things are what really made me enjoy this episode and anticipate upcoming ones.
The new intro is the biggest exiting change- the spirit quest outfits parts especially were good, and are hopefully a sign that they will be appearing again.
I like how mature Leo seems as a leader- he stops Casey from attacking the foot, he leaves Mikey with the others so his enthusiasm doesn't compromise them, e just gets everyone more organised, and no-one complains!
Mikey stops panicking halfway through being dragged around by Baxter and stops him, as well as taking the initiative with the smokebomb was cool.
Also, Leo lost his swords- a sign that the turtles are going to use their spirit quest weapons instead? Hopefully.

Definitely the best episode of the season for me- I can't wait till next week.
Bloxxsaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #106
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Maybe too much plot in this. There wasn't really any time to absorb anything - the horror of what the Kraang did to NYC, the shock of Splinter being feral, the devastation at the lair, etc. Could have been a two-parter really.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #107
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Karai is still shown as a villain, I guess they'll alter that part soon enough to fit Bebop, Rocksteady and Hun. Or maybe Karai goes back to being a villain, who knows?
What if the mutation gave her amnesia and she doesn't remember her name or who she is and every time when she tries to remember, it makes her go a little snake crazy?
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 01-25-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #108
Dash
Random Punk
 
Dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Stroud Uk
Posts: 20
Good episode, nice to get back to NYC. Read all the comments made on the episode so far..agreed I'd like to have seen Leo and Shredder have a moment to glance at each other or something, other than that I really enjoyed it. Like most I was just happy to get Splinter back in the same episode! though for a moment it was indeed going to be dragged out etc. Did anyone notice that after Leo lost his swords he magically had them back when they escaped in the Party wagon? bit of a shame I'd hoped for a moment we were shown that doe a reason!! much like the time Raph throws them and stomps to the surface back when he meets Casey then suddenly has them again! not that its a major thing, just bugs me they'd show it then he has them back making it pointless! Looking forward to next week for sure!!
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #109
travelingcat
Thug
 
travelingcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 64
About Leo's swords, he could have another pair in the van. They've had their weapons break before and they weren't going back to the farmhouse, so maybe they forged another set before going back to NYC just in case.
__________________
travelingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #110
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant
 
Ravenshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 271
Man, that ep! They crammed so much in there... and yet, I feel like the pacing was better than last week's...

They're holing up in the "fortified" pizza place--was that a little Shaun of the Dead ref?

LOVE the new intro... I was wondering when we'd get a change other than having the blimp over the city.

Can't wait to see Mondo in the show.
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #111
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmario27 View Post
I loved this episode!

I don't know why if its because we haven't really seen Leo in a real ~Leader mode~ for a while, but he seems different. Def more mature. Maybe it's just the voice

Seeing Master Splinter all crazy was weird.....was not expecting that. Wonder what happened...Did Karai just save him from drowning then split...hmmmm

Also question, there was a point in the episode where they were in the lair, and Leo tells Mikey to stay with April and Casey while him and the others go explore the lair....does anyone wonder why?

cannot wait to rematch this in a few days.
I felt they left Mikey behind because, yet again, they thought he'd screw things up. I'm getting so tired of them thinking that about him. There needs to be times when he's more mature and serious, but they want to keep him the goofy one for laughs I guess. And can someone else accidentally sound the alarm by accident? It's always Mikey. It's getting old.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #112
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
So where will Leo get a replacement set of swords?

he's clearly shown with some in the clip for the next episode

why go through the trouble of showing him breaking one and then losing one if they are just going to be replaced so easily? Do you guys think it will be a part of the story in any way or will he just magically have them back?
He did have them magically back. He was wearing them in the scene right after he lost them. I hate when they lose their weapons and in the next scene they have them back on. That happens almost all the time.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #113
zipper
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: West Michigan, USA
Posts: 46
Loved this episode! I was geeking out watching it with my wife. She thinks that bugs and weird looking mutants are ugly though, so she didn't like Stockman fly, and she thought I was funny because of how excited I was and how much I was into this episode. I missed Stockman working on retro-mutagen, I'll have to rewatch the episode.

Speaking of Stockman, is this the first time he spoke as a mutant? I thought he was more of a Bayformers Bumblebee before. It was cool to hear his voice again.
zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #114
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I felt they left Mikey behind because, yet again, they thought he'd screw things up. I'm getting so tired of them thinking that about him. There needs to be times when he's more mature and serious, but they want to keep him the goofy one for laughs I guess. And can someone else accidentally sound the alarm by accident? It's always Mikey. It's getting old.
that makes me so upset....after 6 episodes dedicated to Mikey trying to prove himself you'd think he'd be more mature by now.

you can be the goofball without being the screwup.

look at Flash from JLA
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #115
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
Loved this episode! I was geeking out watching it with my wife. She thinks that bugs and weird looking mutants are ugly though, so she didn't like Stockman fly, and she thought I was funny because of how excited I was and how much I was into this episode. I missed Stockman working on retro-mutagen, I'll have to rewatch the episode.

Speaking of Stockman, is this the first time he spoke as a mutant? I thought he was more of a Bayformers Bumblebee before. It was cool to hear his voice again.
he talked in the lonley mutation of baxter stockman and in vengeance is mine.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #116
Nasubionna
Foot Soldier
 
Nasubionna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: western Washington state
Posts: 175
Loved the episode and new intro! Super pumped to watch it, and I'm pleased with how nearly everything turned out here. I think my only nitpick was that I wish Dr. Cluckingsworth, M.D. had returned to N.Y. with them, but that's OK. I just hope it's not the last we see of her!
I thought for sure that Donnie would build the blimp out at the farmhouse, what with Mikey suggesting they "build a giant balloon" in the "Eyes of the Chimera" episode and the fact that they had a geyser full of (presumably) hot air right there. But obviously they're going to introduce the blimp in a different way.
I've been enjoying season 3 for the most part, but I am pretty darn excited that the Turtles are back in N.Y., ready to kick some ass and take some names!
Nasubionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #117
TMNTFOREVA
Thug
 
TMNTFOREVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Underneath your bed, eating chocolate -,-
Posts: 89
I loved this episode so much! I was dancing and singing "THANK GOODNESS THEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!"
__________________
Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. - John Green
TMNTFOREVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #118
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier
 
yellowmario27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 133
I think a lot of you guys are forgetting that Mikey is loud when he isn't supposed to be

For instance, on the drive to New York he's freaking out once they get stopped, and Raph has to put his hand over Mikey's mouth in order for him to stop talking, so the Kraang people wouldn't hear them in the backseat.

and then again, he comes up to the front seat and makes a comment of being controlled by aliens(?), and one of the bros pushes him back down

THEN again, mikey says loudly after exiting the van and Leo has to shush him and tells him to be inn "full ninja mode"

So i think leo was justified when he told him to stay back.
I only noticed all this after the second viewing tho.
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #119
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmario27 View Post
I think a lot of you guys are forgetting that Mikey is loud when he isn't supposed to be

For instance, on the drive to New York he's freaking out once they get stopped, and Raph has to put his hand over Mikey's mouth in order for him to stop talking, so the Kraang people wouldn't hear them in the backseat.

and then again, he comes up to the front seat and makes a comment of being controlled by aliens(?), and one of the bros pushes him back down

THEN again, mikey says loudly after exiting the van and Leo has to shush him and tells him to be inn "full ninja mode"

So i think leo was justified when he told him to stay back.
I only noticed all this after the second viewing tho.
Someone else on here also pointed out all the good things Mikey did in the episode too, which I hadn't really realized at first. He was just really excited to get home, kind of like we were for them. Seems a lot of us were shouting and jumping around too. I don't blame him.

I just hope he can have times where he saves the day too. I think just tacking on a bit more dialogue on Leo's part would have saved that moment. Like "You're too excited to go in there right now." OR "We need someone out here in case we're ambushed." Anything would have helped rather than just ordering him to stay like a dog, rather than a trained Ninja.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #120
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Boy learned nothing from the previous episode... Back to the woods with him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
return to new york


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.