The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2025, 03:37 PM   #101
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,230
Imagine giving these to a kid to play. He would destroy any single part of them.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2025, 01:34 PM   #102
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Link(s) please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think I had a boomer moment. Saw it on Facebook and never bothered verifying lol. Looks like it wasn’t true.
Ok, now they’re on Target for real.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2025, 07:05 PM   #103
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Foot Ninja is up for pre-order tomorrow.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2025, 06:15 PM   #104
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Link: https://store.necaonline.com/product...Iyhr724qHPDxtA


$50 after shipping and everything is too salty for just a Foot Ninja. I want to support this line, but I think I’ll wait on Target or Walmart for this one.

Also, it seems weird that it’s not shipping until Q2 next year. Hopefully Splinter and some other figs are coming out around the same time.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2025, 09:59 PM   #105
j3h
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 378
I ended up preordering 3 foot soldiers from Entertainment earth. No hidden tariff fees and free shipping once you’re over $79…AND you don’t have to pay till it ships, while still being able to cancel it before it ships if need be.

If it turns up on Target online, I may switch the order over to there since with the red card, it’s discounted and free shipping.

I’m hoping that Billboard NECA uses in all its photography for this line is eventually offered in an accessory set.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2026, 07:09 PM   #106
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Toyfair: https://toynewsi.com/139-61851

Don’t see dates, but Tigerclaw and Footbots are next. Pass on both for me.

Then Slash, Casey, Metalhead and Splinter are all Q4, seems like a super long wait. Splinter and Metalhead are glorious and I can’t get them fast enough. Slash is a good toy, just was never in love with his design here. Casey is hard pass, his twinkbod is mogged by the other 3 in this wave.

2012 will be my only display shelf without a Casey Jones. SAD!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2026, 09:36 AM   #107
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Youse guys seeing this bullshid with the accessory pack?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2026, 10:13 AM   #108
j3h
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 378
I wonder with the master license shift to Mattel in 2027 if NECA already knows the clock is ticking and felt this was going to be the only way they could get these accessories out in time? (Just trying to throw a non “NECA is trying to screw fans over” possibility out there)

This con exclusive set doesn’t seem to be charging extra for them (the four pack would have been $150 without the extra color accessories) and fortunately I do like the b&w look to these figures, like how every episode ends with a b&w comic style freeze frame picture.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2026, 06:03 PM   #109
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
I was salty about the accessory pack at first, but then I realized I don’t even want it. It doesn’t solve my problem. Donnie still only has one white-eyes head and two dumbass comedy heads.

I’ll just stick with the standard white-eyes for now, unfortunately.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 04:17 AM   #110
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
This con exclusive has been active for days now without selling out of pre-order. Stick a fork in NECA, they're done.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 04:38 AM   #111
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
This con exclusive has been active for days now without selling out of pre-order. Stick a fork in NECA, they're done.
I wouldn’t guess “they’re done” so much as this particular exclusive isn’t ringing anyone’s bell; plus the added frustration of this being the only way to get the much desired 2k12 accessory pack has - I think - largely turned people off to this one. I hope to see them explore 2k12 more; would definitely want to see April, A proper Kraang, Irma and a few others.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 08:59 AM   #112
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
I wouldn’t guess “they’re done” so much as this particular exclusive isn’t ringing anyone’s bell; plus the added frustration of this being the only way to get the much desired 2k12 accessory pack has - I think - largely turned people off to this one. I hope to see them explore 2k12 more; would definitely want to see April, A proper Kraang, Irma and a few others.
Same thing is happening with Super7's latest wave. The all-in bundle isn't moving. It's getting real hard to justify the prices on these things.

Not gonna lie, I'm also super apprehensive about all the current lines since we don't know what Paramount and Mattel are going to be doing in a 8 months.

Mattel just showed off the first four figures carded in the DC core collection and they're allegedly between $10-$13. We haven't seen 6-inch scale figures that cheap in ages and if they do something similar with TMNT, that's a no brainer.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 09:52 AM   #113
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Same thing is happening with Super7's latest wave.

We haven't seen 6-inch scale figures that cheap in ages and if they do something similar with TMNT, that's a no brainer.
Oh I agree. I’d been waiting forever for 2k3 figures, but April for 65.00? Hun for 75? Yeah, I’ll wait and see what Mattel is doing for sure. In fact I’ve sort of backed off of collecting altogether right now just to see what the future holds - and to save a little $!
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 10:13 AM   #114
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
I mean -- they're still "done".

They're creatively done, because nobody at NECA saw that nobody would want this. There are literal hundreds of other things that could have been done that would have sold out...how about a Sakai set of turtles (color or B&W) with special bonus accessories or Usagi packed in? Just to name the first thing that popped into my head.

They're done with common sense because they've left the lines with strong nostalgia buyers and moved into 2012 now -- sorry but that was a dumb decision, despite there being people on this forum who want that stuff that is a mere slice of the market size they really need at this point in time...they need to give that another decade or so.

They're done with those market sizes of the past, because if die hards on this forum are already opting out over the increased prices you can bet that larger demographic has opted out majorly.

And they may be done with options depending on that licensing situation.

The era of "NECA can do no wrong" is over and done. They're flailing.

That's to say nothing of their figures hitting $7.50 clearance at Best Buy, showing up in Ross (Gargoyles most recently, that I saw), etc, etc. Re-releasing Pee Wee less than a year later with accessories that should have been in the first as a big Haulathon event. And on and on.

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 04-08-2026 at 10:19 AM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2026, 01:19 PM   #115
Y2Josh
Stone Warrior
 
Y2Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I mean -- they're still "done".

They're creatively done, because nobody at NECA saw that nobody would want this. There are literal hundreds of other things that could have been done that would have sold out...how about a Sakai set of turtles (color or B&W) with special bonus accessories or Usagi packed in? Just to name the first thing that popped into my head.

They're done with common sense because they've left the lines with strong nostalgia buyers and moved into 2012 now -- sorry but that was a dumb decision, despite there being people on this forum who want that stuff that is a mere slice of the market size they really need at this point in time...they need to give that another decade or so.

They're done with those market sizes of the past, because if die hards on this forum are already opting out over the increased prices you can bet that larger demographic has opted out majorly.

And they may be done with options depending on that licensing situation.

The era of "NECA can do no wrong" is over and done. They're flailing.

That's to say nothing of their figures hitting $7.50 clearance at Best Buy, showing up in Ross (Gargoyles most recently, that I saw), etc, etc. Re-releasing Pee Wee less than a year later with accessories that should have been in the first as a big Haulathon event. And on and on.
I kind of agree with this, but I think there's also heavy TMNT fatigue at this point. Plus just poor choices of characters. I kind of checked out on the Fred Wolf line awhile back and, in spite of loving the 2012 series, I don't really have an interest in those figures.

With 2K3, I just think Super7 is making terrible-looking, poor quality figures, but I still don't know that I'd pick those up even if NECA made them - and that's my favorite version of TMNT.

But I dunno about NECA at large. There seemed to be genuine excitement around DuckTales, some of the horror stuff and even McDonald's, so I think they'll just dial back on Turtles (and hopefully give us my pie-in-the-sky wish of Machine Gun Granny before they abandon TMNT completely).
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2026, 08:46 AM   #116
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I kind of agree with this, but I think there's also heavy TMNT fatigue at this point. Plus just poor choices of characters. I kind of checked out on the Fred Wolf line awhile back and, in spite of loving the 2012 series, I don't really have an interest in those figures.
I still am coming to terms with how much the TMNT collectible landscape has changed over the last 15 years. For years, we all just bought Playmates figures because that's all there was!

Now? There are people who have entire collections where nothing overlaps. But it feels like every company is just doing the core characters and jumping ship - except Super7, NECA and JoyToy.

The 2012 figures look like the jumped right off the screen (and are able to avoid the issues of the 2k3 and 80s turtles who were never intended to exist in three dimensions), but they look so different from all the other iterations I have on my shelves.

I'd love a Tigerclaw to add to my villians gallery, which is already a mix of Super7, NECA movie/cartoon/comic figures - but he stands out more as being "something else" than figures like Chote with all the shading.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2026, 09:56 AM   #117
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
But I dunno about NECA at large. There seemed to be genuine excitement around DuckTales, some of the horror stuff and even McDonald's, so I think they'll just dial back on Turtles (and hopefully give us my pie-in-the-sky wish of Machine Gun Granny before they abandon TMNT completely).
I do like the idea of Ducktales, but I suspect that won't go very deep. I also bought the PhatMojo figures (of the remake series) and the Funko figures (of the original series) about 10 years ago now (for real, lol). I'm not sure the timing is right on these anymore, and then there's the prices. My only real incentive to jump on is if they do go deep and they always seem to overplay the standard characters before doing that (e.g....Super Grover).

Which leads to Sesame Street, the only other NECA line I'm interested in and actively collecting. They're really slow walking that one though. I might also be interested in Muppets but having the full DST set already (which is pretty fleshed out, could have stood a few more but honestly good enough) I plan to sit that out as well.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2026, 11:44 PM   #118
Y2Josh
Stone Warrior
 
Y2Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I do like the idea of Ducktales, but I suspect that won't go very deep. I also bought the PhatMojo figures (of the remake series) and the Funko figures (of the original series) about 10 years ago now (for real, lol). I'm not sure the timing is right on these anymore, and then there's the prices. My only real incentive to jump on is if they do go deep and they always seem to overplay the standard characters before doing that (e.g....Super Grover).

Which leads to Sesame Street, the only other NECA line I'm interested in and actively collecting. They're really slow walking that one though. I might also be interested in Muppets but having the full DST set already (which is pretty fleshed out, could have stood a few more but honestly good enough) I plan to sit that out as well.
On DuckTales, I think the impression I got is that it would be a "Disney Afternoon"-type line. Between DuckTales, Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck, I think they could put out a lot of desirable figures, but that could just be my affinity for those properties speaking.

On Sesame Street and Muppets, I'm of a similar mind, except I'll probably grab Kermit (who frequently popped up on Sesame Street anyway), Gonzo and Fozzy. Now if they do Muppet Christmas Carol versions... I'd probably be all in on those.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2026, 08:20 AM   #119
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,248
If they'd have led with Darkwing Duck, I'd be much more interested. That would have been the better move, quite a bit more up their alley too. Instead of the nephews being their "cash cow" (3 figures, 1 mold) they could be releasing DW + Negatron + Negaduck.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2026, 10:48 AM   #120
Optimus Primer
Thug
 
Optimus Primer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
They're done with common sense because they've left the lines with strong nostalgia buyers and moved into 2012 now -- sorry but that was a dumb decision, despite there being people on this forum who want that stuff that is a mere slice of the market size they really need at this point in time...they need to give that another decade or so.
I was in the target age demographic when 2012 came out and I am not buying any of the NECA 2012 stuff. Young adults are low on money and space, so I can't start a new collection of 7" figures that cost $40 each, let alone buying extras like accessory packs. I would maybe buy characters that Playmates never got to (Pizza Face, Mona Lisa, etc.), but I'm not feeling the need to purchase what's out so far.

There's also been just so many Turtles figures released over the past few years, I feel like I know what to expect when I get one. When having the figure in hand isn't offering a new experience, I may as well just look at pictures.

Most people I know that buy toys/collectibles buy things that are small and cheap. I know people rag on Playmates a lot, but they've always filled that niche for TMNT. NECA obviously isn't trying to do that and is strong in the collector market, but I'm not sure if young adults with 2012 nostalgia are in a place to supply the demand NECA needs.

Last edited by Optimus Primer; 04-21-2026 at 11:00 AM.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.