The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #1301
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
They had all three issues of "The River" for $5-8 a piece, but I passed on them today because I figured I could still get the old TPB, which I'd rather have.

My question is, how likely am I to find the TPB for a similar price? Should I go back and pick up the single issues instead?

At this point I don't own a physical copy of the issues in any form.
Depends on how patient you are.

The River seems to run around the range you said for the floppies.

It was bundled into Collected Book Six, which typically cost more than the singles due to low print runs. As I mentioned, if you're patient and monitor sites you can find it for a good price.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #1302
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Depends on how patient you are.

The River seems to run around the range you said for the floppies.

It was bundled into Collected Book Six, which typically cost more than the singles due to low print runs. As I mentioned, if you're patient and monitor sites you can find it for a good price.
Thanks, Venom. I think I'll check around the Internet for the collected book and depending on my luck, I'll pick up the issues next time I'm in the store if they still have them.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #1303
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
I'd grab those individuals, personally. Either that or wait for IDW to collect it. Shouldn't be long for that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #1304
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'd grab those individuals, personally. Either that or wait for IDW to collect it. Shouldn't be long for that.
I thought they couldn't because of contract problems with Rick Veitch.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #1305
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Oh... Duh. My bad.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #1306
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Thanks, Venom. I think I'll check around the Internet for the collected book and depending on my luck, I'll pick up the issues next time I'm in the store if they still have them.
You can get 24 and 25 off of mycomicshop right now for about 5 and 7 bucks, and you can create an account there and add 28 to your want list and be notified via email when it arrives in stock.

I've picked up several hard to find items that way at fantastic prices (Image TPB for 10 bucks, Collected Book Vol. 1 (the B&W wraparound) for 40)!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #1307
Threat
Foot Soldier
 
Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 158
Question: Wasn't there a "Change Is Constant" TPB with a Dan Duncan cover? I could swear I saw one. All I see are the Eastman covers and Eastman Deluxe Editions. Duncan's covers are on all the others. And I want to know if there's a difference other than the cover if so.....
__________________
Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #1308
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threat View Post
Question: Wasn't there a "Change Is Constant" TPB with a Dan Duncan cover? I could swear I saw one. All I see are the Eastman covers and Eastman Deluxe Editions. Duncan's covers are on all the others. And I want to know if there's a difference other than the cover if so.....
There was a Duncan cover (same art as #2) floating around during solicits for Change Is Constant so that's likely where you saw it. However, only the Eastman cover was made for it.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #1309
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
There was a Duncan cover (same art as #2) floating around during solicits for Change Is Constant so that's likely where you saw it. However, only the Eastman cover was made for it.
hHe could be remembering the french hardcover.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #1310
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
So, I'm chronologically confused about the IDW "Donatello" micro.

I'm pretty sure it contains the first and only instance of one of the Turtles meeting Baxter Stockman so far. But I re-read it the othe rnight and Don seems to recognize him (?) and makes some comment about how he "tried to use me as one of his experiments."

Am I missing something? Is Dontalleo just obtusely referring to their origin at Stockman's lab, or what?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #1311
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Well they found out about Stockman in #4 when Hob named dropped him (or Stockgen, at least). So naturally the guys researched the name.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #1312
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well they found out about Stockman in #4 when Hob named dropped him (or Stockgen, at least). So naturally the guys researched the name.
Totally forgot Old Hob name-dropped either one, although I assumed they were aware of Stockgen either way because of Splinter.

So I guess he'd be referring to Old Hob trying to bring them back in? I guuuuuuess that works.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1313
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

So I guess he'd be referring to Old Hob trying to bring them back in? I guuuuuuess that works.
Oh, the lab experiment remark? I mean, the turtles were at Stockgen for the purpose of making some terrapin exo-armor project.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #1314
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Oh, the lab experiment remark? I mean, the turtles were at Stockgen for the purpose of making some terrapin exo-armor project.
Yeah, I guess it works as a reference to their origin too.

All right. Carry on.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #1315
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Looking through the TMNT comic check list thread,TMNT Movie 1 comic adaptation was listed TMNT: The Movie (Regular, Prestige).
The question I have is what is the Prestige edition?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #1316
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Looking through the TMNT comic check list thread,TMNT Movie 1 comic adaptation was listed TMNT: The Movie (Regular, Prestige).
The question I have is what is the Prestige edition?
Regular denotes the Archie edition, the Prestige edition is the Mirage version (had a thicker cardstock cover).
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #1317
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Regular denotes the Archie edition, the Prestige edition is the Mirage version (had a thicker cardstock cover).
Thanks! very much.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #1318
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
You're very welcome!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #1319
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Regular denotes the Archie edition, the Prestige edition is the Mirage version (had a thicker cardstock cover).

Also Mirage was printed on high quality paper and was Black and White where the Archie was in colour
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #1320
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
That's a pretty decent price...those issues are some of the harder ones to find...they don't show up too often. Ninjara is also in Furrlough #47 & #48. She also appears in "Furrlough's Finest" Vol. 2 which is just a collection of some Furrlough issues (including #47, 48, and 52).
The other two issues would appear to be very hard to find, is Vol. 2 of "Finest" hard to find as well? I would also be interested in seeing the pin-ups in 45 and 46.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.