The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #121
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Okay... as far as the Splinter thing is concerned... there wasn't too much of a reaction because there wasn't enough time for one. We see them basically walk away so shocked and horrified and depressed, they didn't think to look for Viral right behind them... then the camera pans to her and her part of the story.

No doubt that when the next episode starts, the gang will be grieving... later on, they'll find out something about trying to get Splinter de-scrambled, and be insanely happy about it, and figure out they'd do anything to fix it, working diligently at the beginning of a couple of the episodes before th big face off.

That is the one thing I really liked about FF... the main story line was they had to get back home, and it was touched upon in most of the episodes... but it wasn't the focus of every single episode.

Spoiler:
And clearly Viral dumped them into the last episode by mistake....
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #122
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
I didn't get to see the episode when it came on on saturday, I over slept. I just caught it on youtube last night and I have to say for a season start it was good, I thought the transition faze was great. I loved seeing the FF theme at the beginning and then the new BTTS theme at the end. But I do agree with who ever said that the BTTS theme seemed all over the place, it's almost to hectic. I did like the little nod to the old animation by having that split second piece of the turtles in their old forms, nice! It will be missed. now for my thoughts

what I liked:

Splinter's goodbye to Cody, and I agree that Cody looks older for some reason in this episode.

Sliders turtles! people may have thought the turtles being thrown around from time to time was a waste of time, but I liked it. I really liked the dark ages one and seeing the turtles go all "medieval" on those knights LOL Seeing Don weild a spiked ball on a chain made it worth it.

Viral's take over of Serling and forcing him through the time gate, and basically decinding to make the turtles suffer

Serlings comments and reactions in this episode where great, I loved when he dissed Don when he revived him from getting slashed in the chest.

Mikey attacking the dino with a branch! For some reason that just made me bust out laughing. What made this scene for me was that Mikey was actually trying to attack him and was serious about it, he wasn't trying to be silly or goof around. So the fact the he was really trying to hurt this muscular dino with a branch just made it for me.

the three way battle of the Shredders on the street with the foot ninja. It was pretty bad ass and that new guy looks cool.

Donatello stole the show at the end of this episode. About time the brainy turtle got some attention! I loved him bringing Serling back to life and getting inside him to open the time gate to their own time, and then his reaction to realizing that he made an error and Viral laughing at him because of it.

Splinter's "death" I don't know what every one is talking about, it was good scene and it happened quickly much like if it was a real life scenaro. Tragic things ushaully happen so quickly before you can react to them. So for those wanting a long speech from Splinter before his data scattered on how proud he was of them, I'm glad nothing like that happened. Don's feelings of guilt was very good.

what I didn't like:

not seeing April in Casey in this episode! I was really looking foward to seeing them again and Iw as dissapointed that they wheren't in this episode. Now I have to wait a whole week to see them.

Raph's role in the episode. I sure hope he loses his Oscar the Grouch ways he developed in FF. So far in the new episode all he seemed to do was piss and moan. The only comment by him that I found funny was him yelling at Don about leaving their weapons behind. I sure hope he becomes his badass self again this season.

Viral being "taken over" by the Shredder data. I know some of you thought it was cool but I was alittle disapointed that she has become a victim of something overpoweribng her and useing her. When I heard that Viral was going to be the new Shredder, I thought she was just going to just impersonate him and still have her own conscienceness and be the new villan of the series, but it doesn't look like thats the case and she is just going to be taken over against her will, and "Shredder" is going to be the new villan, not Viral in her own right. To bad she had alot of going for her.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #123
Leonardo15
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 45
I really liked the episode, it's much better than Fast Forward IMO.
The Fast Forward theme confused both me my dad we thought it was another Fast Forward episode. I then remembered the way everybody looked and knew it was TMNT: Back to the Sewer. I guess the theme was a goodbye to Fast Forward. I like how 4Kids put two themes in one episode.

The irises in the eyes are new to me, but their alright more in detail than I thought they would be, and darker in color.

One small thing that really bugged me, was the eyes barely blink like something alive would, like they used too in both Fast Forward, 2K3, including TLS. Since this series was made on a low budget, I can't expect it to be the way it was, I'm just happy TMNT is still surviving.

Poor Don, I felt so bad for him, he blamed himself over what happened to his father.

So, is Don going to be different now he blames himself for his father's "death"?

Is someone else doing Raphael's voice now?

-Starring-
Leonardo Michael Sinterklaas
Donatello Sam Regal
Michelangelo - Wayne Grayson
Raphael - Greg Abby

Last edited by Leonardo15; 09-15-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Leonardo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #124
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Nope; same guy, different name. It happens occasionally.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #125
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo15 View Post
Raphael - Greg Abby
Frank Frankson, John Campbell, Greg Abby... same man.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #126
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
I just rewatched this episode, amnd I thought of something couldn't Viral's attempts to destroy the turtles been better thought out by her? Couldn't she figure out that they where overcoming her "attacks" on them because they where working together? She should have split them up and sent them to diffrent times alone so they could suffer not being with each other, and thrown them into dangerous overwhelming situations. That way the likelyhood of them surviving would have been less.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #127
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
Viral being "taken over" by the Shredder data. I know some of you thought it was cool but I was alittle disapointed that she has become a victim of something overpoweribng her and useing her. When I heard that Viral was going to be the new Shredder, I thought she was just going to just impersonate him and still have her own conscienceness and be the new villan of the series, but it doesn't look like thats the case and she is just going to be taken over against her will, and "Shredder" is going to be the new villan, not Viral in her own right. To bad she had alot of going for her.
I don't know Jelly it could turn into a really cool inner battle with Viral trying to become herself again and free herself from Ch'rells thoughts.
If they do that it could play out really well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I just rewatched this episode, amnd I thought of something couldn't Viral's attempts to destroy the turtles been better thought out by her? Couldn't she figure out that they where overcoming her "attacks" on them because they where working together? She should have split them up and sent them to diffrent times alone so they could suffer not being with each other, and thrown them into dangerous overwhelming situations. That way the likelyhood of them surviving would have been less.
13 episodes sage 13 episodes...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #128
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I just rewatched this episode, amnd I thought of something couldn't Viral's attempts to destroy the turtles been better thought out by her? Couldn't she figure out that they where overcoming her "attacks" on them because they where working together? She should have split them up and sent them to diffrent times alone so they could suffer not being with each other, and thrown them into dangerous overwhelming situations. That way the likelyhood of them surviving would have been less.
You mean like how Ultimate Draco split them up for that five part arc in season 3? Yeah, it would have been awesome to retread that territory.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #129
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
She should have split them up and sent them to diffrent times alone so they could suffer not being with each other, and thrown them into dangerous overwhelming situations. That way the likelyhood of them surviving would have been less.
I think they didn't because that kind of happened in 2k3 where The Ultimate Ninja and Drako sent them to different realities. So I'm guessing they might have thought it would get redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
You mean like how Ultimate Draco split them up for that five part arc in season 3? Yeah, it would have been awesome to retread that territory.
EDIT: lol I didn't see this post before I started mine!
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #130
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
Okay, this was my first TMNT-episode I saw after the fans pissed me off way too much in about 2005... or 06. I can't remember. Needless to say, I missed out on FF and it doesn't look like I missed much.

Also, this new, XTREEEEEEME Cyberarmour-turtles season makes me want to hurt the nearest living being. Instead, I'll describy it in one word: HEERRRRRRLLLGGGHK!
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #131
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post

Also, this new, XTREEEEEEME Cyberarmour-turtles season makes me want to hurt the nearest living being. Instead, I'll describy it in one word: HEERRRRRRLLLGGGHK!
They're... uh... probably only gonna do that in 2.. 3 episodes tops. If it was going to completely be that way, they wouldn't have called it "Back to the Sewers."

I have to say this. They really dealt with Splinter getting scrambled up a lot better than I had imagined. When I first heard "Splinter would stay behind, and Serling was going to the past" I felt it would be some lame thing about him staying back with Cody. Then I felt the CyberTurtle stuff would have happened in the first episode, and he would be scrambled through the internet or something lame like that. I think they did a great job not making it a campy, goofy little side story.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #132
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Frank Frankson, John Campbell, Greg Abby... same man.
I swear...everytime I turn around he's changed his name!! Yeesh! That man has too many aliases for an actor.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #133
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
Also, this new, XTREEEEEEME Cyberarmour-turtles season makes me want to hurt the nearest living being. Instead, I'll describy it in one word: HEERRRRRRLLLGGGHK!
Just be glad they didn't go with the card battle TMNT show they were thinking of doing.
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #134
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
The story of this episode was weak and not very meaningful. Also, the action was lame, the jokes were crap and the dialogue was 90% overt exposition (and much of it of the hey-I'm-talking-to-myself variety), which is just annoying. Too much "viewers are morons" type writing, which is usually a sign that the writers are morons. I'm glad the turtles are back to the sewers, but the writing better get better than this. But I'm not disappointed, 'cause it's been this bad for a whole season and I wasn't expecting it to improve a whole lot. But it should. And I hope the cyber storyline isn't gonna stick around forever, 'cause as an arc it's an okay idea but as a premise for the rest of the series it makes me want to vomit.
As for the visuals, it looks not too different from Fast Forward. Personally, I preferred the way it looked in seasons 1-4, but it's not that big a deal. I'm mainly worried about the writing.
The theme song is definitely an improvement from Fast Forward, but compared to the '03 theme, it's hard to say. But I remember the '03 one taking a while to get used to, and I imagine this one might sink in a bit quicker, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it might be an improvement even from that. It's still nowhere near the '87 theme, though.
All in all, I don't have extremely high hopes for this season so far. But I'll watch it. Hopefully I'll be positively surprised. After all, this episode was just a bridge. You never know what's at the end of it.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #135
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
Okay, this was my first TMNT-episode I saw after the fans pissed me off way too much in about 2005... or 06. I can't remember. Needless to say, I missed out on FF and it doesn't look like I missed much!
That's about the only gripe I've got of it so far, it's going to be MONDO toyetic, and unlike with FF where you could probably get away with it thanks to the timeline letting you get away with that, they'll just look beyond stupid in the present day
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #136
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
Needless to say, I missed out on FF and it doesn't look like I missed much.
You haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The story of this episode was weak and not very meaningful. Also, the action was lame, the jokes were crap and the dialogue was 90% overt exposition (and much of it of the hey-I'm-talking-to-myself variety), which is just annoying. Too much "viewers are morons" type writing, which is usually a sign that the writers are morons. I'm glad the turtles are back to the sewers, but the writing better get better than this.
It'll gradually increase as it progresses (the writers for some reason wierd reason, seem to be taking this job very lightly now), but let's hope it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
But I'm not disappointed, 'cause it's been this bad for a whole season
If you mean FF, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
and I wasn't expecting it to improve a whole lot.
Keep your fingers crossed, and pray for a better comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
But it should. And I hope the cyber storyline isn't gonna stick around forever, 'cause as an arc it's an okay idea but as a premise for the rest of the series it makes me want to vomit.
I agree. Having a bunch of subtitles like these makes me want to watch 2k3 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
As for the visuals, it looks not too different from Fast Forward. Personally, I preferred the way it looked in seasons 1-4,
Yep, the only difference from fast forward and btts is the pupils. It can never get better than the style of 2k3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
but it's not that big a deal. I'm mainly worried about the writing.
Trust me, visuals are just as important as the writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The theme song is definitely an improvement from Fast Forward, but compared to the '03 theme, it's hard to say. But I remember the '03 one taking a while to get used to, and I imagine this one might sink in a bit quicker, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it might be an improvement even from that. It's still nowhere near the '87 theme, though.
It's kind of wierd that they all of a sudden changed the lyrics to the song. I liked the first version better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
All in all, I don't have extremely high hopes for this season so far. But I'll watch it. Hopefully I'll be positively surprised. After all, this episode was just a bridge. You never know what's at the end of it.
I'm going to hope for the best and pray that this isn't going to be another failure.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #137
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,779
The first episode was a fairly well done transition episode and the stuff with three Shredders at the same time looks absolutely crazy.

If the writers can pull it off I'm very excited to see what happens with this season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #138
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
You mean like how Ultimate Draco split them up for that five part arc in season 3? Yeah, it would have been awesome to retread that territory.
you say it like a story arc has never been rehashed before.

Quote:
13 episodes sage 13 episodes...
yeah, I'm probably jumping ahead of things.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:14 AM   #139
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
I watched through the intro (which I still hope is an early version of it) and noticed that in the 2 different clips of the TMNT using thier mini-mutant street vehicles that Leo and Don swapped thier bike and scooter around. Probably not that important but makes you wonder whether the vehicles were originally the other way round or something.

Incidentally I am sold. I want those MM wave 3 figs now . It does feel however that after Donatello's many tech vehicles such as Turtle Taxi, The Battle Shell, Sewer Sub etc these are a bit of a step down but all in good fun. Cosby Kid Don is in animation form at last!

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #140
Dan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 296
So I'm guessing this new guy Master Khan is Hun's repleacement? BTW to everyone who thinks Cyber Shredder is the Utrom Shredder reborn how exactly does a living being make a backup of thier mind on a computer?

Last edited by Dan; 09-16-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.