The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #121
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It's the only way I could stay awake through the damn thing. GET OFF MY BACK!!

This bud's for you ...and I did think of Mikey when I saw Lord of the Rings, which wasn't MY cup of tea on any of 3 flicks.

but I understand that I gotta watch the new show before I can judge it 100%...granted, I did like Toy Soldiers with Sean Astin, and I can gladly gang up on Jason Biggs for Leo as well. It's just when I close my eyes and hear their voices, it's very, very, very hard to picture Leo and Raph coming from those mouths.

For example...I can very clearly hear someone like Kevin Dillon's (from Entourage, the 1988 flick The Blob, etc.) voice coming out of Raphael very easily, and so on and so forth.

But hey, that's just me.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #122
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Thanks for that pic. That's pretty cool. I think Sean can pull it off, but we'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #123
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Still no Shredder or April....
Quote:
Originally Posted by @yakkopinky (Rob Paulsen)
Back to TMNT this morning. Still no word on the casting of April and Shredder. Hmm..who could it be? Stay Tooned!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #124
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Hm, I wonder what the catch phrases will be for this Nick series since they have Sean Astin onboard. OT series had, "Turtles fight with honor!" How about for the Nick series, "Turtles never say die!"
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #125
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I hear that their catch-phrase will be, "it wasn't ooze, it was slime!" That's a pretty bizarre battle cry, if you ask me.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #126
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hm, I wonder what the catch phrases will be for this Nick series since they have Sean Astin onboard. OT series had, "Turtles fight with honor!" How about for the Nick series, "Turtles never say die!"
As long as it's not "Raphie! Raphie! Raphie!"
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #127
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
dat's wat I said, "BOOTY TRAPS!"
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #128
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Casey Jones will dump the "Goongala" battle cry. From now on... "HEY YOU GUYYYYS" will be the last thing criminals hear lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #129
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Yea and then someone will do the Truffle Shuffle. Man I love these Goonies jokes!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #130
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Shredder will be an old lady with 2 nitwit sons...

Oh wait...that was Fred Wolf's Shredder. BUH ZING!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #131
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hm, I wonder what the catch phrases will be for this Nick series since they have Sean Astin onboard. OT series had, "Turtles fight with honor!" How about for the Nick series, "Turtles never say die!"
"Boil 'em, Mash 'em, Stick 'em in a stew!" works for me!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #132
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
"Boil 'em, Mash 'em, Stick 'em in a stew!" works for me!
You got that from the animated movie, "The Hobbit", from Rankin-Bass, didn't you, bro? 'Fess up!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #133
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
You got that from the animated movie, "The Hobbit", from Rankin-Bass, didn't you, bro? 'Fess up!
I did not see the animated "Hobbit" flim, but this line was said by Samwise Gamgee to Gollum in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Oh my god, I am a nerd!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #134
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
"Boil 'em, Mash 'em, Stick 'em in a stew!" works for me!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #135
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Hm, will Ninjara make an appearance in this Nick series?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #136
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hm, will Ninjara make an appearance in this Nick series?
God I hope not!



I know this is redundant but I thougt this would be cool for people to see.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #137
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Never knew what Greg or Hoon looked like. So, thanks.

Any possibility you can dig up audio clips of what each's voice sounds like?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #138
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
For example...I can very clearly hear someone like Kevin Dillon's (from Entourage, the 1988 flick The Blob, etc.) voice coming out of Raphael very easily, and so on and so forth.

But hey, that's just me.
Good call. Adrian Grenier would make a great Leonardo, I think.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #139
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
God I hope not!



I know this is redundant but I thougt this would be cool for people to see.
oh my gosh, Splinter V.A looks so young! And Greg Cipes looks like a total Mikey type.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #140
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Something just dawned on me. I'm watching Dark Knight as I type, and it dawned on me: How many people said, "Heath Ledger is the Joker? That guy's too much of a pretty boy to be the Joker. It'll never work!" And now Ledger is praised as the best Joker ever. (I still think it's Luke Skywalker, but what do I know.) Maybe Biggs and Astin will be awesome...like Heath.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.