The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #141
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
I wonder what the problem with Donatello was?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #142
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
4/11 Releases - Looks like we are going to be able to complete our collections!

Movie Adaption
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie Prequel #3 Donatello

both available for pre-order or in-store pickup at midtowncomics.com

Last edited by soccerstud652; 04-09-2007 at 03:55 PM.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #143
bullet
Stone Warrior
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
or not...the donnie one is outta stock already

thanks for the link tho, preordered the movie adaptation.

edit: found that donnie's issue is still available for preorder @ final destination. dunno how long that'll last, though. i got one

Last edited by bullet; 04-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.
bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #144
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I will go to my local comic book store...I have a subscription there. I am one of two in a town of 20,000 that collects TMNT comics. I will have no problem getting them. Hopefully they get the Movie comic book. They did not order the Dreamwave TPBs. I might go in town to make sure that they are getting the movie one before I pre-order a copy.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #145
Daunt
Foot Soldier
 
Daunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hotlanta. I hate that word.
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Not everyone is a Jim Lee or a Michael Turner...
I have to call shenanigans here because I think Jim Lee is soooo nothing to write home about. And Michael Turner is smooth sometimes but he's kind of like an anime-esque Jim Lee...or maybe it's the inkers they put on him that bug me. Anyways, replace those names with ones like Adam Hughes and I'll agree with ya. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Alex Rose.
Do you mean Alex Ross? Just checking, because Ross IS freaking awesome. :D But I think I'd hate his ninja turtles.

I liked Peter & Kevin's original turtle work and I wish they still did it. Some issues you get great artists and others you get so-so artists. Also it depends on what inker they pair with what penciler. Sometimes inkers can brutalize a page. Other times it's a match made in heaven. :)

Anyways, sorry for the semi-OT post...

Last edited by Daunt; 04-09-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Daunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #146
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
I wonder what the problem with Donatello was?
Lawson?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #147
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Another update.

Just checked Diamond's list for this week's releases -- the Donatello Movie Prequel *and* the Movie Adaptation are on it!
Oh kickass. Is it coming out this Wendsday?
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #148
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunt View Post
I have to call shenanigans here because I think Jim Lee is soooo nothing to write home about. And Michael Turner is smooth sometimes but he's kind of like an anime-esque Jim Lee...or maybe it's the inkers they put on him that bug me. Anyways, replace those names with ones like Adam Hughes and I'll agree with ya.
I know that everyone doesn't like them, But I just used Jim and Michael as examples. I'm not saying they're the best ever.

Quote:
Do you mean Alex Ross? Just checking, because Ross IS freaking awesome. But I think I'd hate his ninja turtles.
Yeah, thats what I meant Yeah, his Turtles would look damn creepy.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #149
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Oh kickass. Is it coming out this Wendsday?

Right. That's what I was meaning (they're listed on Diamond's site among this week's releases).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #150
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Well someone is slacking my way cause I haven't gotten my mailing from last week yet
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #151
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I checked with my local comic book store...they are definitely on the invoice. I do not need to pre-order mine.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #152
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Yes, like I said quite a bit of is older art is really nice and fits with the rest of the mirage artists underground style.
One of my least favorite Archie comics was also drawn by him.
But I'm not home to seriously look at my comics so I'd have to look and see if the theory I've come up with about it's not him so much as it is who's style is being inked over his pencils.
I do agree that there's something about the inking combined with Jim's art, but something struck me tonight while I happened to be looking at some City at War pages. Which led to looking through some Volume 4 pages.

If you go to ninjaturtles.com and browse the preview pages for any of the City at War books, look at the highly detailed toning on all of the pages. Then go to Volume 4, Number 1 and look at the toning on those pages. It's actually still very detailed. Then look at book 2, 3, 4, etc... keep going through the entire series. You can see the drastic de-evolution of the tones, to the point where it's virtually non-existant. And, IMO, Jim's art just kinda de-evolves right with it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #153
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I do agree that there's something about the inking combined with Jim's art, but something struck me tonight while I happened to be looking at some City at War pages. Which led to looking through some Volume 4 pages.

If you go to ninjaturtles.com and browse the preview pages for any of the City at War books, look at the highly detailed toning on all of the pages. Then go to Volume 4, Number 1 and look at the toning on those pages. It's actually still very detailed. Then look at book 2, 3, 4, etc... keep going through the entire series. You can see the drastic de-evolution of the tones, to the point where it's virtually non-existant. And, IMO, Jim's art just kinda de-evolves right with it.
Yeah seriously though I'd really like to See Jim's Pencils I do remember him saying before some pleace that he was really trying to draw like some one else it it botherd him it may have been michael dooney I think.
But yeah he says he draw the way he does now because it's all him.
But didn't Dooney ink city at war? I think that could be the huge reason the people faces look the way they do because seriously it looks like Dooney more than lawson.
Look at Eric Talbot's art (some one I really like mind you) his art is very pointy and square like.
I'm pretty sure when vol.4 first started out peter had a bit of a hand in the inking.
I know we've talked about this before and I am no way shape or form trying to make excuses for one artists or trying to bash anyone I'm just trying to make sence out of all of this.
And I think what we're talking seriously is the lack of everything.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #154
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Just got my April and Leo prequel comics! Glad to have them, regardless of quality.

As usual in TMNT comics nowadays, the writing was kinda meh... And the art, the designs especially looked very "cheap-charlie." Almost like rush jobs, as though the artists were being paid chicken scratch for their work. Not motivated enough (and/or too short on time) to take full advantage of the b/w medium.

April's was better paced, I think, and the most informative of the two. Leo's could have been more enjoyable were it not SO DAMN SHORT. So much happens in his comic, but it zooms through each scene at 200 mph. Frustrating...

I think I'm gonna redraw the Leonardo movie prequel. B/W first, then color... Glorify the scenes a little, fix the stereotypical "we shall have no place in which to live" dialogue of the slave chidren. Luckily, I'm still in college. Unlike these professional artists and writers, I still have some free time. Plus, I could use the practice.

I hope the Donatello Prequel and the Movie Adaptation are... better. And I hope the artists don't murder me for being so critical.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #155
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
We will find out tomorrow. I have my cash ready to go out to the comic book store.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #156
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak View Post
We will find out tomorrow. I have my cash ready to go out to the comic book store.
hehe me to I'm so ready for some tmnt comics tommrow!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #157
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
My store better have the April book for me this week, in addition to the new releases...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #158
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
You know what? I'm still waiting for my copy of the Raphael prequel...
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #159
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
if you guys need help *ahem* I'm willing to help.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #160
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I *should* be ok. Although he didn't say so, I know my guy sold my copy to someone else, which pisses me off. He needs to order enough books to cover all of the people who request the damn books.

So hopefully it's a simple issue of ordering another copy.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prequel comics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.