The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: If you're not leading, who am I supposed to complain about?
Leo... you...you smell... Really.. *sniff* GOOD!! :9 31 40.79%
OW!! My sweet lil turtle tush!! 16 21.05%
Turducken! But chimera works... 18 23.68%
Uh... where was Raph storing that grappling hook? 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 11:06 PM   #141
penumbra369
Random Punk
 
penumbra369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 18
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I think the problem with Seth Green's voice for Leo is not that it's bad but that it's a radical change from the other two's voices. It gives Leo a much deeper tone where as Jason's made him sound more like a teen who's building up to be a leader and Dominique's made him sound more like a chill teen.

Seth's voice is quite different, that's true! And I do miss Jason Biggs. He does Big Brother the best - whether resolute, competitive, goofy or dorky, Jason nailed it all. Seth's Leo definitely took time to grow on me after that, but I'd say it has, even if he feels less Big Brother-like...and maybe that's the whole point, that Leo's becoming something more as the turtles' horizons expand. So yeah, I'm with you in welcoming Seth.
penumbra369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #142
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I'd still say Jason Biggs's voice is the best, his lines delivery was always top notch and spot on for the emotions required for the scenes. Dominique's a good replacement but since we get stuck with Seth.... tbh he's not absolutely bad, but he's lacking a firm voice/tone of a leader.

I'm still open to hear more from him though. It could be worse, but hey let's make the best out of it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 AM   #143
Levia24
Random Punk
 
Levia24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
But they explained why his voice changed due to his ambush, so I think it's great that they did that.
Actually, I think it's lame they addressed that. It reminds me of TV soaps where they try to explain actor quitting and being replaced by a new actor via saying he/she survived some accident, and had to go under face & body reconstruction. That trick is quite often used and it's pretty annoying.
__________________
Levia24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #144
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I'd still say Jason Biggs's voice is the best, his lines delivery was always top notch and spot on for the emotions required for the scenes. Dominique's a good replacement but since we get stuck with Seth.... tbh he's not absolutely bad, but he's lacking a firm voice/tone of a leader.

I'm still open to hear more from him though. It could be worse, but hey let's make the best out of it.
Actually, he did use the leader voice in "Within the Woods" when Donnie and Mikey tried to challenge his orders of who was paired up with who, so we know he can do the leader voice just fine. I'm sure he'll get more into the leader mode later on.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Levia24 View Post
Actually, I think it's lame they addressed that. It reminds me of TV soaps where they try to explain actor quitting and being replaced by a new actor via saying he/she survived some accident, and had to go under face & body reconstruction. That trick is quite often used and it's pretty annoying.
Well, whatever. I think it's awesome they addressed it and it fits with what has happened to him.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 AM   #145
Groverman62
Foot Soldier
 
Groverman62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Thats Classified
Posts: 114
This episode was really cool and fun. It was nice to see some interaction between Leo April have not seen much of that. And the bickering between Leo and the guys is funny

Im glad we have seemed to reach the end of the filler episodes
Groverman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #146
travelingcat
Thug
 
travelingcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 64
This was a great episode. So many good interactions between characters. And nobody was left in the background with one or two lines. I laughed so hard when Raph berated the others for not being prepared. "Do you know who we are? When wouldn't we get attacked by bird mutants?!" Pretty freaky to see all those skeletons in the nest after such a short time. And that moment when April tried to eat Leo, oh my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Just noticed on 2nd viewing, Dr. Cluckingsworth chuckled and face-palmed (face-winged?) when April guessed the picture of Donnie as a worm

http://i.imgur.com/dTz5UmX.gif

This needs to be a thing!

http://i.imgur.com/rFrsPHC.gif
Earthworm Jim reference! And bird facepalm is doubly hilarious.
__________________
travelingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #147
Levia24
Random Punk
 
Levia24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingcat View Post
Pretty freaky to see all those skeletons in the nest after such a short time.
Yeah, I thought that was weird for a kid's show. Didn't thought that would go uncensored, but I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingcat View Post
And that moment when April tried to eat Leo, oh my...
lol, I know... what the heck happened there XD XD XD I can already see dozens of youtube videos with that scene edited "Oh man, Leo; I'm so embarrassed right now"
__________________
Levia24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #148
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
That never gets old.

Thank god it wasn't Donnie... He prob wouldn't have run, thinking his dreams just came true. Then showed up with a couple bite marks on his neck and they've got some awkward explaining to do.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #149
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
This was posted on tumblr, thought this was funny

http://dtaina.tumblr.com/post/107815333529/plot-bunny

Quote:
Plot Bunny

dtaina:

This popped into my head after seeing April trying to eat Leo, and I could NOT resist…

Leo: Donnie, you won’t believe what happened to me! We were out in the woods and April started smelling my neck!

Don: NO!

Leo: And then she told me I smelled… GOOD!

Don: NO!!

Leo: And then she threw herself on me with the hungriest look I’ve EVER seen on a woman!

Don: NO!!!

Leo: And then she tried to EAT ME!

Don: [runs off crying his eyes out]

Leo: What’d I say?!
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #150
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
ROFLMAO!!! That's good.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #151
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
They could have totally gotten away with that in the show.

Leo be all like...

April...



Karai...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-17-2015 at 06:16 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:38 AM   #152
Mini-Turtle
Random Punk
 
Mini-Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 42
Must say that I REALLY enjoyed Mikey getting dipped in the caldera! "My sweet little turtle tush! Ow! Ow! Ow!" Never though I'd see something in TMNT more hillarious than "My toes! My toes!" Also enjoyed it when April ran into the tree. "I meant to do that!" Darkwing Duck reference? Never really thought of the worm-headed Donnie thing as an Earthworm Jim reference, thought.

Wonder if we'll see the Turducken again, or if it will be something that is still alive but remains unseen, like the Necro Monster in 2K3.
Mini-Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:37 AM   #153
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Turtle View Post
Wonder if we'll see the Turducken again, or if it will be something that is still alive but remains unseen, like the Necro Monster in 2K3.
Basically every mutant/monster of the week survives their episode. Only to be barely mentioned or seen ever again.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #154
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
This was posted on tumblr, thought this was funny

http://dtaina.tumblr.com/post/107815333529/plot-bunny



Oh man, that's hilarious! I could totally see that happening.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #155
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
This episode was ok, wasn't very exciting for me. Although April's psychic connection with Chimera was pretty cool. April wanting to eat Leo was pretty funny, too.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #156
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I seriously thought April was about to bang Leo... Pretty sure Leo thought so too, judging from his response: "Don't get any idea!".

I love these adult jokes that keeps popping up in the series.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #157
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I seriously thought April was about to bang Leo... Pretty sure Leo thought so too, judging from his response: "Don't get any idea!".

I love these adult jokes that keeps popping up in the series.
My mind didn't want to go there, but I thought something similar too with that line since it didn't make sense for him to even say it. He wouldn't have known April was "hungry" and wanted to eat him *giggles again* Seriously, just saying, "April wanted to eat Leo" I crack up. *ahem* So yeah, that popped into mind too. He was probably thinking about Donnie. We'd get that shot of Donnie, like in the ep where they went to see Leatherhead after losing the power cell and Mikey was making light of the fact that Leatherhead grabbed Donnie by the face.

You know, I wonder if Leo and Mikey still think Donnie doesn't have a chance with April. They felt that way first season, but have never expressed that to Donnie.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #158
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Turtle View Post
Wonder if we'll see the Turducken again, or if it will be something that is still alive but remains unseen, like the Necro Monster in 2K3.
Well the difference is that the Necro Monster was an exception, not the rule...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #159
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,742
What I really enjoyed this episode is the character development that Leo went through. I also really believe that Seth Green is making the role his own.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #160
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
At least we didn't need to have any of this in the episode.

Spoiler:
Image found on tumblr
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, eyes of the chimera


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.