The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #1621
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I'm pretty positive there's more then 500 of those. I know there's different covers maybe the turtle cover is only 500.
I've never seen any of the other covers. I was almost certain that there are only 500 of those out there, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #1622
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I'm pretty positive there's more then 500 of those. I know there's different covers maybe the turtle cover is only 500.
Correct. There are (I believe) 3 different covers, but 500 of that particular one.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #1623
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I would love to see the other covers, I don't think I ever have.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #1624
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
I would love to see the other covers, I don't think I ever have.




ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #1625
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
This is the cover I have. I seem to remember mine having Raph's head inside the bubble in the corner though. I might have the TMNT one too I'll have to check.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #1626
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
That looks like Dr. Fate...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #1627
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That's the one I have.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #1628
Lionheart3239
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Not really TMNT related but worth checking out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1179wt_1165

And No! It's not because of the TMNT game in there. lol
Lionheart3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #1629
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart3239 View Post
Not really TMNT related but worth checking out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1179wt_1165

And No! It's not because of the TMNT game in there. lol
What the hell is that price?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #1630
Lionheart3239
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
What the hell is that price?
It is because of the rare "Stadium Events" game, which looks to come complete. I think only (10) were ever made.

Last edited by Lionheart3239; 02-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Lionheart3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #1631
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
Why is that piece of S so expensive? And all the bidders look legit too.

OMG.
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #1632
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
That game happens to be one of the most valuable games in exsistence. Plus its sealed. I wouldn't be surprised if it got close to $20,000
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #1633
Lionheart3239
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 32
The auction has already ended, the cool thing about it is the seller didn't know anything about the game.
Lionheart3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #1634
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
That game happens to be one of the most valuable games in exsistence. Plus its sealed. I wouldn't be surprised if it got close to $20,000
That would explain alot. Had no idea.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #1635
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior
 
Navin Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 544
http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-ORIGINAL-80s...item1e5a976365

Early glow in the dark shirt..seems high, but ya don't see them very often.
__________________
Lord loves a workin' man
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #1636
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 499
I hope this isn't one of you.

Hot Spot for sale on Ebay and question about it.

ninjaturtle_fan

Him: Now I know Hot Spot is pretty rare, but 100 bucks in this economy?? You can see I'm a huge Ninja Turtle fan, by my name, and I notice your in Pennsylvania, I'm from Philadelphia originally, and now reside in New Jersey. What I'm trying to say is, I'd love to try to make a deal with you on this Hot Spot, because I'd love to have him. But with bills and all, and a baby on the way, 100 bucks is way too steep for me. You think we can negotiate a price in my range a bit?? You'd really be doing me a favor. Feb-16-10

ME: I paid $150 for this exact figure six months ago in this economy. I can't do any favors, sorry.

Him: Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks 100 bucks is too much for a ninja turtle figure.

ME: I think you misunderstood what the other person was saying. We'll see if $100 is too much in two and a half days. Maybe you're right, maybe not whether it sells or not will say. Congrats on your new baby BTW.

Him: Thanks. What other people?? All I know is Hot Spot has been up for 4 days and doesn't have any bids yet. And, obviously it has something to do with the price. Now that's not to say some idiot WON'T come along and pay a 100 bucks or more for him, but highly unlikely.

Me: I thought you were referring to the other person who said you were inappropriate with your request. Anyway smart ebayers "snipe" (bid at the last moment) But whether it sells or not I don't care. I don't need the money and I don't mind having two Hot Spots. If it doesn't sell I'll just hold on to it and it's only going to become more valuable. It's not like the Playmates factory is producing more of these or anything.

Him: That's EXACTLY what I wanted you to say. "It's not about the money." Well, if it isn't about the money, why don't you sell me this Hot Spot cheaply?? you just said you don't need the money, and obviously I'm a HUGE Ninja Turtle fan. Why don't you do a fellow fan a favor, and sell me Hot Spot, for like 30 bucks, since you "don't need the money"????


Me: but I paid $150 for it. I don't want to just give *stuff* away. I'm not rich or anything man.

Him: Maybe not rich, but you "don't need the money". And I'm giving you 30 bucks for the bloody thing. That's not exactly cheap, either. Granted Hot Spot is rare, but he was still 6 bucks when he came out originally, and I'm willing to be giving you 5 times that for him.

Me: if it doesn't sell I will.

Him: Okay. It's a deal. I'll be watching him.

Me: I wasn't being serious. I just want you to go away. Go try to talk someone else into selling you a $30 MOC hot spot. It's not gonna happen. How often does a MOC hot spot even come up on ebay? Go ask the other guy who has a hotspot MOC for sale, oh wait there isn't one.

I wonder what he'll say next. A loose complete one just sold yesterday for over $50. This guy is crazy and I hope isn't one of you on here because I have no respect for you.

Sorry this post has nothing to do with finding a cool item on ebay. I just wanted to point out a rare conversation on ebay.
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #1637
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-ORIGINAL-80s...item1e5a976365

Early glow in the dark shirt..seems high, but ya don't see them very often.
Awesome but horrible condition. And jeez that is not something you wear. Thats a very rare collectable. Tmnt history.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #1638
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture4u View Post
Buncha bull-sh*t
What a tool that guy is. I wouldn't have even talked to him lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #1639
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
What a f***ing tool!



1000TH POST!

SUPERIORITY!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #1640
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant
 
HalfcourtGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tany
Posts: 308
30 bucks!!! That is flubbing insulting. I wouldn't even have given him as much time as you did.
__________________
Please Help Me Complete My Collection

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.