The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #161
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, that picture of Leo looks awesome. I can't wait to see how it's done once it's on TV. And I don't care if they have pupils or not. This picture of Leo looks so much better than Fast Forward Leo. Overall, I'm happy with the look.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #162
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well someone had to do it...

Sans pupils.
I like that drawing better without pupils, but I need to see the art in motion (or at least see more emotions) before I decide if pupils are better or not.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #163
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
I too prefer the design without pupils. Just looks a little meaner this way. And somehow, less cheap, even though it probably would be cheaper to do away with pupils.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #164
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post


Here's the look they're going for in the new season (work in progress). You can read about it more at http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/
That is hot. Looks awesome.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #165
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I like it, to me it's a good mix of the FF style*Which I liked* the 2K3 look, and the only thing about it that's movie like is the eyes.
looks almost exactly like FF to me I find it funny how many people are saying they like this when they had a bitch fit about FF's look when this looks almost exactly like it. & I don't mind the eyes at all.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #166
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Awesome!!!

As much as I prefer pupils in general, I think it would be better to keep them without pupils for continuity purposes.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #167
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Do we know who designed it? Looks very Jeff Matsudaesque.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #168
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
looks almost exactly like FF to me I find it funny how many people are saying they like this when they had a bitch fit about FF's look when this looks almost exactly like it. & I don't mind the eyes at all.
I think the big thing is the belt and weapon designs are back to a state of normalcy.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #169
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
I love the design and he looks better with Pupils. Its the perfect CGI to hand drawn conversion.

However since its not a cartoon based on the movie but a continuation of 2k3, I'd be happy if they removed the pupils.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #170
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm just wondering how that's gonna work...they are obviously 2 distinct continuities.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #171
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the big thing is the belt and weapon designs are back to a state of normalcy.
Yeah lordforbid they wear something differnt
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #172
CudleyCowlick
Stone Warrior
 
CudleyCowlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
Well, they didn't ruin the turtles. But then again, I've been happy with all previous versions, including FF. No pupils would be nice sure, but I won't boycott it over that.

What concerns me is will they ruin Casey? I don't want him to look/act like a skinny geek as he did in the movie. I know I've brought this up before but it SERIOUSLY ticked me off.

Casey is a physically JACKED, whackbag, borderline psychotic with roughly the mental capacity and etiquette of an 8th grade boy, and that's just how he's supposed to be.
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
CudleyCowlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #173
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Have to admit that I prefer it without the pupils. Ya can't really see them in the first place but you KNOW they're there. Im glad Murphy says the pupils might be gone. I prefer the Batmanesque type mask over the OS/Movie type mask.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #174
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
looks almost exactly like FF to me I find it funny how many people are saying they like this when they had a bitch fit about FF's look when this looks almost exactly like it. & I don't mind the eyes at all.
Actually, I always found teh Turtles to be kind of... I dunno... "shiny" in FF. That's what I didn't like. Sure, the future-outfits or whatever they were weren't my favorite, either. I didn't hate them, though. They were in the future wearing stuff from the future. It made sense.

It was the "shiny" skin that really got to me.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #175
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
That's cool, I really like the Mirage comic/TMNT movie style belt, I look forward to seeing the show in motion.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #176
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
looks almost exactly like FF to me I find it funny how many people are saying they like this when they had a bitch fit about FF's look when this looks almost exactly like it. & I don't mind the eyes at all.
This new image doesn't scream pastel and Lego blocks like FF, and I hated that most of all about the series. I like this. It is actually really good, and if it's the new artstyle, I can live peacefully with it, even with or without pupils.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #177
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I find it funny how many people are saying they like this when they had a bitch fit about FF's look when this looks almost exactly like it.
You need your eyes checked. 2K3 was curves. >> was angles. Since people griped about the switch from curves to angles, the angle percentage has just been heightened. Now, everyone's happy. Sound logical? Cuz I don't think so...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #178
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Leonardo isn't a human female so I don't really care about his lacking of curves.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #179
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
And that's why he used brushes in Turtles In Space 2 and pipes in What A Croc!

You mean back when the series was good?



Yeah, I forgot those-- but still, he just could NOT resist the shinies of the future...

But then, none of them could, evidently-- futuristic weapons that had "power".


Oh, and YEAH, I like it better without the pupils. Nice job, Jester!
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Splinter's Iroonna; 10-29-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #180
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
You need your eyes checked. 2K3 was curves. >> was angles. Since people griped about the switch from curves to angles, the angle percentage has just been heightened. Now, everyone's happy. Sound logical? Cuz I don't think so...
Actually, 2k3 was not curves. 2k3 was CONTOURS. That's what's different about this design. It is devoid of interesting contours, so we lose complexity and uniqueness. Contours define negative spaces and negative spaces help us distinguish characters. Unfortunately, contours cost more money to animate at a decent framerate.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.