The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #141
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Unhappy Aakk



-->> ..i need a drink, a pamprin and a good self-administered spanking.. oy ..
>v<
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #142
Ninjafromanotherseries
Thug
 
Ninjafromanotherseries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 80
Yeah cool if the Dark turtles would come with the Turtles to present. Dark Donatello could go to work with foot if they are still bad guys. What I have seen Dark Donny is the most wicked dark turtle and if the foot is still evil I suppose those Elite Ninjas could be their leader and Karai had only handful of good ninjas.
Ninjafromanotherseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 AM   #143
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
That's a really good point I never thought of. But in "Timing is Everything" they traveled back and they had their gear, so maybe it depends on the sort of travel. Honestly I don't think Splinter would allow it.
Maybe they'll just put them up in their lair as a memorabilia from their trip to the future.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #144
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I agree that they might just save their futuristic weapons as mementos from their time in the future. I want to see them have their regular weapons back since they will be in the present.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #145
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890


Here's the look they're going for in the new season (work in progress). You can read about it more at http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #146
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Ya know, I like it. Obviously how well the designs look in motion is the reall hook, but it's not bad.

Hope they're keeping Dong Woo on for the animation. After 7 seasons I can't imagine they'd change studios.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #147
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
... Leo has got an impressively tiny head, considering his height (about five foot). Me, I really really really am gonna miss the detail of ye olde 2k3 but I think this can work. Certainly better than turtles in Power Ranger chestplates...

The animation and storyboarding had better compensate. I'm nervous because I heard that they WEREN'T staying with DongWoo, because DongWoo is too expensive now. Just as long as the color pallet becomes more subdued, darker and more realistic (I couldn't stand the perpetual fireworks display that was FF and even much of the the older 2k3 -- like season 1) the designs won't look as cheap.

Oh and thanks Goongasnootch.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #148
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Confirms right there that the Turtles have pupils. I guess they'll have to explain it somehow...but I'll doubt they'll try. Oh and notice how Leo has his regular swords. Yeah, ditching FF weapons. Which is find by me. As for the way they will look,I really like it alot but I will have to judge how the animation flows to be relieved. It does have a 'New Adventures of Batman' look to it. So maybe they can go with this. Now I want to see how the Shredder will look.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #149
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
Confirms right there that the Turtles have pupils.
Murphy says in the comments section that the pupils aren't a definate and might be dropped.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #150
mattmanw54301
Foot Soldier
 
mattmanw54301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 182
Looks good to me. I figured with how well FF did, that there would be as little as possible from it brought over to the new show. Maybe they will put their weapons in a trophy room and forget about them.

I think maybe the first ep will show how they get back, but then they will try and get as far away from FF as they can. Which is fine. I think the new designs look great so far.

Can't wait for the inevitable new toy line!!!!
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #151
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I like it, to me it's a good mix of the FF style*Which I liked* the 2K3 look, and the only thing about it that's movie like is the eyes.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #152
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
Uh... If you remember correctly, their weapons didn't travel with them to the future, I doubt their future weapons would travel with them since they're made up of a non-living material.

I kinda like the look they're going with. I want the pupils ditched though. There's no need for them. Also - Make the HEADS BIGGER! They look like they're on STEROIDS!
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #153
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
I'm not a fan of the pupils, but...I like it. I really like it. Not as bulky as 2K3, not as thin as TMNT 2007. Kinda like The Batman. When Masked Ninja gets into the industry, she really has to start that "Eyes Glow In The Shadows" idea.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #154
Mutated Leo
Foot Soldier
 
Mutated Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: P-Town
Posts: 143
I think it looks great, can't wait to see more. Color me happy as hell the TMNT are back!!

Yeha!
__________________


"He who lives without honor, ends without honor" ~Master Splinter
Mutated Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #155
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Well someone had to do it...

Sans pupils.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #156
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Beat me to it.

And did it better to...

And it looks even better to!
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #157
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Oh thank heavens! No Overload!!

Can somebody find a spoiler list of titles, like somebody found the second half of FF a while back?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #158
Colliwog
Foot Soldier
 
Colliwog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 108
Not too bad. It's almost weird seeing them with pupils, but I won't mind either way.
Colliwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #159
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So I can expect Karai piloting a helicopter that turns into a jet?

MAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSKEEEEEEEED CRUUUUUUSAAAAADEEEERRRS WHO WILL NEUTRALIZE AS SOOOOON AS THEEEEEEEEY ARRRIIIIIVE

GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #160
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic
If it's anything like how they got there getting back, their future clothing and weapons won't be coming with them as material things can't travel through time.
That's a really good point I never thought of. But in "Timing is Everything" they traveled back and they had their gear, so maybe it depends on the sort of travel. Honestly I don't think Splinter would allow it.
Yeah. While these are both true, I took this to mean, "we were really just making a throw-away Terminator reference in the first ep", and that really ticked me off. But, it could also easily be explained away as there being a slight difference in the means of time-travel in those two episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
Tartakovsky-esque, eh? Once I see what the humans will look like, I'll probably see it's the same style as The Batman and Legion of Superheroes though. Since 4Kids will pickup for KidsWB!, I expect they now have access to that pool of resources. Definitely not a fan of that style, but I'll aclimate for new, serious Turtles animation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
Can somebody find a spoiler list of titles, like somebody found the second half of FF a while back?
Pretty sure they haven't made it that far into development yet. Give 'em some time.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 10-29-2007 at 02:43 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.