The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 AM   #161
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
My copy's on order - can't wait.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #162
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
We are interviewing Andrew Farago (the author of this book) this Sunday. If anyone has any questions they'd like us to ask him about the book, be sure to PM me. Would love to hear if there's anything you guys would be interested in knowing before the books out.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #163
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
My first thought was "how ultimately visual can this thing really be at only 184 pages?"

Seriously.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #164
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Here's a new interview about the book.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #165
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
My first thought was "how ultimately visual can this thing really be at only 184 pages?"

Seriously.
I thought the same, I mean £35 for 184 pages seems alot, I would have thought it be at least 300 or more

In fact why is it so short?
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 06-06-2014 at 01:34 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #166
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Book launch is Saturday, June 14 at the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco! Guests include Mark and Molly Bode, Ken Mitchroney, Ciro Nieli, Irineo Maramba, Felipe Smith, me, and the Turtles themselves, live and in costume. Hope you can make it!

https://www.facebook.com/events/280965982074386/

We packed a lot of history and a lot of art into the book, and there's a lot of content in the 192 pages. Plus a reprint of TMNT #1, shot from the original art, and that's 40 pages that aren't even reflected in the book's page count. A 400-page book would be great, but it would have taken another year to assemble artwork that was on par with what made the cut for this book, and it would have been a $100 hardcover. As it is, I think you'll be really impressed with what made it into the book.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #167
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Looking forward to it Andrew - I'm sure it'll be great.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #168
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Super excited for this still, wondering if I'm gonna have my copy before the release date but I dunno. I wanna read it already!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:40 AM   #169
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Awesome, thanks for the update Andrew. I just can not wait to get my hands on this!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:04 AM   #170
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
I pre-ordered it as well.
Still pretty sad about the fact that I could have contributed to the book as well. I couldn't acces my hotmail account for many months and when I read that Andrew wanted to use some stuff from my autograph site it was already to late.
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #171
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Finally got my first copy of the book, and it looks great!

https://www.facebook.com/events/280965982074386/

There are 192 pages of images, a 40-page replica comic book, a poster, and at least 20 bound-in extra pics, including the first Mirage press release, fan club letters, and other fun stuff. Fans are going to go nuts when they see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7068.jpg (63.8 KB, 49 views)
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #172
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Amazon just updated my order, it now says it will be here June 18th instead of June 26th.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #173
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Here is our interview with Andrew:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

We discuss the making of the book, the people he interviewed, the content included, and a lot more. If you're interested in finding out more about the book before you buy it, be sure to take a listen!
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #174
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Did this thing come out yet? I haven't been keeping up.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #175
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist
 
JonesyKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,063
Mine is scheduled to ship on the 24th from Barnes and Noble
__________________
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #176
Stugehen
Foot Soldier
 
Stugehen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Amazon just updated my order, it now says it will be here June 18th instead of June 26th.
Same here! Wahoo!
__________________
Stugehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #177
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Mine was shipped yesterday guys!!!!!!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 AM   #178
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Sirens Podcast View Post
Here is our interview with Andrew:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

We discuss the making of the book, the people he interviewed, the content included, and a lot more. If you're interested in finding out more about the book before you buy it, be sure to take a listen!
Btw forgot to say, very great listen, like I said my book was shipped yesterday, so I should get it today, but more likely Saturday.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:33 AM   #179
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
All the extra stuff that comes with the book, like the replica comic book and poster etc. Is that only included with pre-orders or is it all part of the package?
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 AM   #180
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,065
It's all part of the book...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.