The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #1941
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I'm glad everyone likes them. Like I said, if there's anything specific you want pictures of, I can post it.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #1942
Filespit
Hench Mutant
 
Filespit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 424
I am loving the new figures, can't wait to get my hands on them. I'd also love to get my hands on the Toy Fair versions, but their value doesn't agree with my economy right now, haha. Forgive me for asking, but has a date been set yet when they'll actually be released, instead of just stating "this fall" or "in a couple of months"?

EDIT: 100 posts! Yay!

Last edited by Filespit; 06-24-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #1943
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I'm glad everyone likes them. Like I said, if there's anything specific you want pictures of, I can post it.

could you post a picture of just Don and Mike with their backs turned to each other so we could really see the height difference? thanks.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #1944
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
They're pretty decent at posing, except the knee and elbow pads prohibit you from bending the limbs too much.
Could u show us some action poses?
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #1945
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
I am loving the new figures, can't wait to get my hands on them. I'd also love to get my hands on the Toy Fair versions, but their value doesn't agree with my economy right now, haha. Forgive me for asking, but has a date been set yet when they'll actually be released, instead of just stating "this fall" or "in a couple of months"?
Nope, just sometime in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
could you post a picture of just Don and Mike with their backs turned to each other so we could really see the height difference? thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
Could u show us some action poses?
I'll get these pictures sometime today for both of you.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #1946
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Nope, just sometime in August.





I'll get these pictures sometime today for both of you.
thanks a bunch
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #1947
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
I wonder given things shown for future waves like Metalhead if any other characters from the 80s cartoon/toyline could see some new re-imagining/nods to in the new series...

A new version of Rocksteady and Bebop maybe that are re-imagined as actually dangerous foes? Obscure characters like Mutagen Man or Wyrm?
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #1948
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
So no date for the Classics or Main Nick line? I would hope we get a definitive date but maybe it differs for different regions beginning with August 1st. I know it was that way for 2003 line. I had a set of four turtles on the shelf by early December but other not until the new year of 2003.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #1949
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Was there ever any issue with the paint rubbing off? Part of the reason I'm not upset about the weapons not having paint...is simply the fact that I'm so used to them not having paint. The vast majority of action figures I had growing up had weapons with no paint on them. Then again, I also still love figures that have only five points of articulation...

Interesting. I agree with you about the weapons. I love my old Playmates Star Trek figures, not only because of the character sculpts, but because of the multi-colored accessories. That's what's fun about that. Still, with today's generation, it might have been best to have weapons fully colored. I don't know. I was just happy to enough to see the character toys rather than their accessories.

Not to insult anybody's intelligence, but nobody should have expected the figures to look like that first image. Most especially those of us who are also Transformers collectors. The first official image of a toy like this is almost always heavily photoshoped. It should have been obvious from the get-go that the first image we got was heavily doctored. The only things that the photoshoping can't account for, are the chains on Mikey's chucks, and the second knee bend. I do have to admit that I was a bit disappointed to see that Mikey's chucks wouldn't have actual chains on them. Not really because of the picture, but because it was officially stated in the press release that they would be chains. I can forgive a heavily photoshopped picture of prototypes, but it's hard to forgive an official statement.
That is kind of disappointing that Mike won't have actual chains. Still, do we really expect him to use the Kusarigama that much? I don't. I'm going for nunchucks all the way. It doesn't matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
I, for one, am still excited for them.
That's the spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Interesting to notice that they don't have finger nails.
Oh, I knew that from the get go. When the turtle design pics came onto Facebook, I noticed Raph's hand having no fingernails. Funny, they also don't have any toenails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Wow, really disappointing. Anybody else think to themselves that the '88s look a little better?

The 88's were fun, but you know, that was before plastic became a bit far advanced in my opinion. I feel it is harder to break Mikey's nunchucks on today's figures than it was on yesterday's. I mean, the 2k12 Mikey looks like he's going to have some real sturdy accessories. Actually, pretty much all of the figures will have sturdy accessories.

I'm still buying the hell out of these, of course, but pretty disappointing.

It is kind of disappointing, but that doesn't stop me! I love the toys, and I can't wait to purchase them!

The crazy contrasts in skin-tones is off-putting as well. I mean, Mikey looks like he could glow in the dark.
Toys never look like the prototypes. That's for sure. There were times where I tried to copy the pose from the picture onto an action figure, and I would find out that pose was reversed or never made that way. That, of course, left me some broken toys and store receipts. Believe me. I had to return a few figures and buy new ones again, but this time, learning my lesson. I've stopped copying from my cardboard pictures.

As for paint job, the cardboard pictures do that to, even with figures I've never bought. How about the 2k3 production line of toys? For example, the Scootin Leo figure was supposed to have more detail based on the back of the cardboard box. There was going to be a plastic blue visor for him to wear, but instead, he was given a clear one. There was blue on his shorts and some great details on his knee pads, but that was not on the figure. The shorts were just orange and black. No blue. Also, the feet. The prototype picture has him wearing white socks, but instead, his socks are blue for the finished product (like the white socks are no-shows instead).

My point is, the paint never comes out the way it could have been for toys. Not just TMNT. It happens to others, too. So I'm not surprised that Mike appears he can glow in the dark. Funny. I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think there is a glow in the dark 2k12 Mikey.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I'm glad everyone likes them. Like I said, if there's anything specific you want pictures of, I can post it.
Yeah. I'm curious. Do you plan, do you have, or are you trying to get Leonardo and Splinter or any of the others? No TMNT collection would be complete without the leader or the sensei.

Last edited by Bauer536; 06-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #1950
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Well of course I do, when they get released. I should have bid higher on the Leo when it was up with the rest, but I wasn't near my computer.

Mikey's chucks are definitely not sturdy. You know how when you bend plastic that doesn't want to bend, and it turns white at the bend point? The very first time I so much as barely pressed the nunchucks together, I got that. I'm afraid to pose them, because I think they'll break REAL quick.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #1951
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Well of course I do, when they get released. I should have bid higher on the Leo when it was up with the rest, but I wasn't near my computer.

Can't wait to see him join your group. I guess, if we were to pretend here, he's out training or going on vacation with Splinter.

Mikey's chucks are definitely not sturdy. You know how when you bend plastic that doesn't want to bend, and it turns white at the bend point? The very first time I so much as barely pressed the nunchucks together, I got that. I'm afraid to pose them, because I think they'll break REAL quick.
Really?!!!! They're not?! I had no idea. Forgive me, I must have been thinking about the chucks that 2k7 Mikey came with. And, yes! I know that feeling when it turns white. That's already happening to my '88 Michelangelo! So wait, how flimsy are the weapons?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #1952
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Yes, I can pretend. Even at 29, I can pretend. Splinter's out teaching Leonardo how to meditate.

Don's bo and Raph's sai's are good. And the nunchucks are hard plastic, they just look like they'll break with a little play. I don't think I can describe it. You'll just have to see them when you get the toys.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #1953
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Yes, I can pretend. Even at 29, I can pretend. Splinter's out teaching Leonardo how to meditate.

Don's bo and Raph's sai's are good. And the nunchucks are hard plastic, they just look like they'll break with a little play. I don't think I can describe it. You'll just have to see them when you get the toys.
Alrighty, then. I don't play with my toys like, "Take this! (BANG!) And this! (POW!)" Sometimes I just pose them. I mean, I'm in my twenties too, so I can have my own fun with toys. So hopefully, I won't break Mikey's nunchucks.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #1954
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Yeah, I just like posing, unless I'm doing a stop-motion video, then it's a LOT of posing. I'm going to be posing some action shots tonight for a couple of members.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1955
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
I think these guys look great! Thanks so much for the pictures-you rock! I'd also love to see some action poses.

Do they have peg holes in their feet? I wonder if there are stands that would work with them.
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #1956
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Yes, there are peg holes in both feet of each figure.

And I'm going to get some action poses today. Just didn't have time yesterday.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #1957
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
Heres a shot of Leo with his weapons rack and in his package

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_slash/7518764164/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_slash/7518770534/

Last edited by Slash32; 07-07-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #1958
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash32 View Post
Heres a shot of Leo with his weapons rack and in his package
Okay. Even though this is not as detailed as the Toy Fair ones, I love these ones the most. They're brighter and stand out more. Plus, Leo's bandages look a bit white, and I like it that way. Still, I don't like the racks. This means I'll have to use scissors again. Dang it!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #1959
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
Heres some more pics with a comparison shot of the 88 card and 2012 card

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_slash/7518766916/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_slash/7518772532/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_slash/7518760564/

Last edited by Slash32; 07-07-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #1960
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
You do so much better reviews than I do...

I can't believe the newer packaging is that much smaller than the old one. And I've opened three of them. Again though, I'm really glad they didn't put the main weapons on the weapon rack. I didn't take pictures of mine while still in the package, because I was sure I could find pics like that online, but now I wish I would have taken some while they were unopened. Maybe in August.

Great pictures, as always.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.