The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cardcaptors Makes A Comeback

Quote:
On June 3rd, the July issue of shoujo manga magazine Nakayoshi kicks the celebration of the 20th anniversary of CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura magic girl series to another level with a new manga, called the "Clear Card Arc," that reintroduces Sakura Kinomoto in her first year of junior high school, and the official announcement of the new anime project. For this grand return, manga creation team CLAMP have illustrated the magazine's cover and the chapter's color title page.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...and-title-page
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:56 AM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I normally would be excited but considering how bad a lot of revivals/remakes have been in the anime industry lately, it makes me more sad then happy.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:17 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Wasn't there an anime recently featuring Cardcaptor characters even if it was only loosely connected to it?
Old 06-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yes, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Though I've never read this series, tbh.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
Allio
Foot Elite

Tsubasa was like the Kamen RIder Decade/Kingdom Hearts of Clamp.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder why Japan is reviving so many classic series. Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc.

I guess they realized all their current crop of shows are just moe idol shows with anime girls doing cute things, or borderline hentai shows. Japan forgot what anime used to be about.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:24 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I never saw card captors sakura, it seemed for girls and I was I think 13 when it came out so not the target audience. I loved Magic Knight Rayearth though so how is that "clamp" Decade story, do they visit different Clamp worlds? I'd check it out just for MKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder why Japan is reviving so many classic series. Sailor Moon, Dragonball, Digimon, Cardcaptors, etc.
I was also thinking Japan was going heavy on nostalgia recently which sucks because while US shows keep getting remade Japan has always made new heroes for each gen but after thinking about it Japan has always done this in a sense just less so than America. Anime just wasn't popular before so when it hit big in the US in the late 90s everything was "new" even if it wasn't. Even so Japan doesn't usually reboot/remake stuff, instead they create sequel series which is better IMO. Out of the ones you mentioned only Sailor Moon is a reboot the rest are only continuations. What I like about Japan is they embrace legacy and continue.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I never saw card captors sakura, it seemed for girls and I was I think 13 when it came out so not the target audience.
I was 19 when I became a fan.

Then again, I watched a lot of girl shows back in my childhood (Maxie's World, Sabrina, Starla and the Jewel Riders, Princess Sissy etc)
Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I guess they realized all their current crop of shows are just moe idol shows with anime girls doing cute things, or borderline hentai shows. Japan forgot what anime used to be about.
no, anime just isn't selling as it used to.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
no, anime just isn't selling as it used to.
Because everything they make now is aimed at otaku's. Its either just cute anime girls doing idol stuff or borderline hentai shows where all girls do is kiss and grope each other.

I don't know how people can watch those shows without getting bored, they're literally all the same just with a slightly different design for the girls each time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:49 AM   #11
Allio
Foot Elite

I forgot whom I was talking to.

----

Any way, read the first chapter. basically just a simple follow up to the final chapter of the "Sakura Card" arc. nothing really special happens.

Hopefully this arc will be better than the "Sakura Card" arc.

Tags
quo