The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
No, I don't watch TMNT to see April interact with her human friends.
Of course, I want Irma. Here comes the great balance in. You have the turtles and Splinter at one point, their mutation is one of the science fiction plots.

Then you have April, the turtles best guide to the human world. Her friends serve as a great connection to the more realistic sides of the stories.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #42
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
again with this? keep it in the rp forum, bruh.
Oh, let the wee lad pretend.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #43
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What the hell? I never noticed until now that it says "Weirdo friend" underneath Irmas name... That's strange.
I never could make out those letters. You pretty confident that's what it says? That's hilarious if it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Irma? fine, i support anything as long as it is done right.

How about some female villains? Those are hard to come by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdonnie View Post
How about Irma mutating?
Heh, I was just thinking how funny it might be if they mutated Irma and made her into a villain (maybe not truly evil, but mostly a sympathetic but annoying adversary to April and the Turtles). Eh, the possibilities...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #44
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I wouldn't mind seeing her appear once in awhile on the show.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #45
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Irma is a fairly one-note character in an organization that doesn't, and possibly can't, exist in the new continuity. Having her in as a Mythology Gag is cool, and I wouldn't object to her being in there on principle, but they'd probably have to reinvent her a lot or just not use her a lot. She can't really work at a news company with April when April isn't even out of school yet; nor does her buffoonery really fit in a show more based on action than humor.

Now don't get me wrong, there's a lot of jokes in this show, but they all relate to the Turtles and how they deal with the stress of being at war with two menacing factions. For that sort of humor, they already use Michelangelo as their comedic screw-up, but Mikey can still pull through when the cards are down; putting a character into the fray who is just a screw-up would just be annoying. Irma is a sitcom character from a show that, for all intents and purposes, was a sitcom for a lot of its run, and she works great there, but in an action show, she'd just end up being like Miko in Transformers Prime.

Also, though I like my shows to have a bit of depth, I also think this new show has a few too many plot strands for its own good at times. We've got two villain teams, and that's cool, but that means less time for bits of the universe that don't have more than a bit part in the conflict. I'd rather see more development for the two Big Bads than more lesser villains added, but alas, that's probably asking too much of a toyetic series.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #46
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
She can't really work at a news company with April when April isn't even out of school yet; nor does her buffoonery really fit in a show more based on action than humor.
In a TMNT universe where April is still at school, Irma's of course a classmate.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-15-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Irma is a fairly one-note character in an organization that doesn't, and possibly can't, exist in the new continuity. Having her in as a Mythology Gag is cool, and I wouldn't object to her being in there on principle, but they'd probably have to reinvent her a lot or just not use her a lot. She can't really work at a news company with April when April isn't even out of school yet; nor does her buffoonery really fit in a show more based on action than humor.
What on earth are you talking about?

Its pretty obvious Irma is one of April's classmates. Why are you talking about her working at a news company?

Maybe April and Irma work for the schools newspaper or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #48
Icebot
Foot Elite

I think Irma should show up at least once in this show.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watch April become a Turtle and Irma become that lizard girl from the Fred Wolf show.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
cryan
Stone Warrior

Uhm, no. I want Irma and Mona Lisa to be separate characters. I know you were kidding but still.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
Uhm, no. I want Irma and Mona Lisa to be separate characters. I know you were kidding but still.
Shouldn't really matter when 1) This is a new universe, and 2) It's for a new audience and brand new demographic.

Under the tone and type of the show I was actually hoping they might go the Jess Harley route for Leatherhead, but what they did was pretty cool just the same.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #52
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Watch April become a Turtle and Irma become that lizard girl from the Fred Wolf show.
I can't say that possibility hasn't crossed my mind once or twice.

And I'm still sticking to my April will be a Mutant Turtle in Season 2 prediction.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #53
pannoni1
Foot Elite

The Channel 6 plots in the OT are in a way the Space Heroes of the Nick series in which a moral and/or problem of the episode is often brought up there. Channel 6 has appeared twice in this series on the TV. But given Irma was strictly used outside of Season 1 and most of 8-10, she worked best for a comedic series, and the Nick series is suitable for occasional appearances only.

If Irma does show up, I hope she's more than just the klutzy "I want a date" character, perhaps aiding April topside, and perhaps using Vernon as Irma's eventual LTR. Maybe have the number 6 on her shirt to show that she's on April's side.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #54
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Eh, sure, now that she's been "seen" in the show proper.

I'm trusting that a teenage Nicktoons Irma won't be a creepy Cathy-type like OT Irma....

That being said, she doesn't need to be mutated or do anything really outrageous to justify her inclusion--giving April a life outside the Turtles and her father would help to enrich the series. It doesn't mean everything else in the story will be put on hold to have her in it, or that we'll end up with a Channel 6 High School AU.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I can't say that possibility hasn't crossed my mind once or twice.

And I'm still sticking to my April will be a Mutant Turtle in Season 2 prediction.
I thought you guys were joking, but you guys are actually being serious?

There is no way Nick will seriously mutate April into this show and stay that way. I can see her having a temporary mutation like the OT did (she was a mutant cat, fish and wasp), but she got changed back in the same episode.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #56
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'd like to see Irma in this show if they can fit her in and do it properly. But if not, the little cameo she had was pretty cool and a great nod to the FW series.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #57
miru
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't mind seeing her for real, just long enough to get a toy made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I thought you guys were joking, but you guys are actually being serious?

There is no way Nick will seriously mutate April into this show and stay that way. I can see her having a temporary mutation like the OT did (she was a mutant cat, fish and wasp), but she got changed back in the same episode.
In the 2k3 show, she became a demon.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #58
jestermon
Hench Mutant

I call goth too she has betty bangs in that picture so she's either gothy/punky or works at a theme 50's diner.

This show is aimed at boys so I don't think more girls would be a bad thing for the older ones, but I predict she will have striped leggings and dress like the girl from Danny Phantom if she shows up.

What we don't need is an original style Irma or another person that just shows up like Zack in the original turtles show.

And just because she is their guide to the human world doesn't mean April has to have tons of friends or be very social herself, I mean a hobo off the street with no people skills could explain how the world worked to 4 turtle teenagers and he would be and expert compared to them.

Also, that is very anime like if she lives with her aunt but it never shows her in tons of those shows there parents are conveniently dead, on long vacations, or they are lock key kids and barely miss each other coming in and out if the house, so they have time to do the crazy stuff that goes on in those shows.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #59
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
I call goth too she has betty bangs in that picture so she's either gothy/punky or works at a theme 50's diner.

This show is aimed at boys so I don't think more girls would be a bad thing for the older ones, but I predict she will have striped leggings and dress like the girl from Danny Phantom if she shows up.

What we don't need is an original style Irma or another person that just shows up like Zack in the original turtles show.

And just because she is their guide to the human world doesn't mean April has to have tons of friends or be very social herself, I mean a hobo off the street with no people skills could explain how the world worked to 4 turtle teenagers and he would be and expert compared to them.

Also, that is very anime like if she lives with her aunt but it never shows her in tons of those shows there parents are conveniently dead, on long vacations, or they are lock key kids and barely miss each other coming in and out if the house, so they have time to do the crazy stuff that goes on in those shows.
April should at leaste have one friend. Actually, I think Irma wasn't first intended to meet the Turtles (but it wouldn't work that so long). Watch "It Came from Beneath the Sewers"
*When April hangs with the turtles, it's really her life with the adventures they have
*When April and Irma drink coffee in that episode, it's simple just like any ordinary life.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

I get the feeling Irma will be introduced in Season 2.

Since we know Casey is coming that will likely push the teen crush aspect of April/Casey with Don getting jealous, and then you'll probably have Irma there as April's one female friend to relate to.

Season 2 is going to turn into a typicl Nick teen drama during the Casey/Don episodes.

Tags
irma, nick