The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #221
DragonDavy1
Random Punk

I ordered a copy and I'm hoping I get a signed issue!
DragonDavy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #222
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Joshua just provided me with a scan of the full-body Leo sketch:

It's also in the gallery.

Looking at the time stamp, I wonder if this was the very last sketch that Peter did for this lot?
That would make sense, it coordinated with this post by m.

http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/2...-tell-you.html
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #223
DK2
Stone Warrior

I haven't posted in a long time here but I have been reading here though.
I got my copy last week with sketch on Monday. I ordered it on April 16th. The sketch is dated on the 15th. But mine got a crushed corner on the left upper spine. But I also ordered the old TMNT Collected books 2 & 5. Which also got some of this damage. The one corner of the strong envelope somehow got torn hence I think where the damages were coming from. Wish this didn't happen but oh well.

Onto my thoughts on TMNT (v.4) #29:
It was different. Casey, 2 utroms and Fugitoid all at a bar. I mean thats just different. The Xihad and their agenda, which to me is really one of the good subplots on the series so far. With this age of terrorism looming over us, Peter Laird shows this can be the case in the future and with the aspect of aliens from other worlds visiting us. How would we feel about this? With racism, prejudice etc in the world, I think its a totally good thing in this book to be presented with. Something thats totally plausible.
The Leo in the Battle Nexus is still odd to me. To think Splinter was going in this realm is rather odd to me (but spiritually, yes I'd believe Splinter would visit here). It seems to be a opposite realm as the issue implies. We may find out more about that warrior though soon I should think, cause we got a bit in this issue. What upset me was that Raph and Don weren't in it. I wonder where the Mike and the Triceratons stuff is going in the end?

It was great to see this series back. And I hope that I can always order from Mirage in time to get a head sketch. I'm posting mine here. Roseangelo you may add this to the sketch gallery (although I'm thinkin I may do another pic or scan it one day, its so gray with a shadow looming).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMNT#29 sketch.jpg (46.4 KB, 16 views)
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #224
tilallr1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
I haven't posted in a long time here but I have been reading here though.
I got my copy last week with sketch on Monday. I ordered it on April 16th. The sketch is dated on the 15th. But mine got a crushed corner on the left upper spine. But I also ordered the old TMNT Collected books 2 & 5. Which also got some of this damage. The one corner of the strong envelope somehow got torn hence I think where the damages were coming from. Wish this didn't happen but oh well.
Yeh ... mine got screwed up too. They folded mine in half, which sent a crease right down the middle of the book which sucked. All mirage had to do was to put a label on it not to bend and/or fragile and all would have been ok. Too bad.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #225
DragonDavy1
Random Punk

That sucks big time!!

I ordered issue 29 and I didn't get a sketch inside!!
I'm really pissed about this and this will be my last order.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #226
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Yeh ... mine got screwed up too. They folded mine in half, which sent a crease right down the middle of the book which sucked. All mirage had to do was to put a label on it not to bend and/or fragile and all would have been ok. Too bad.
That's bizarre... mine was in a really uber envelope that is really tough to bend. And besides, putting said label doesn't guarantee it will be safe. When my Furrlough issue came in, it had the label and was bent down the middle horizontally.. thankfully, the comic was all right.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #227
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDavy1 View Post
That sucks big time!!

Did you order by the Monday after it was announced?

If not you really have no right to be mad, it was a very limited promotion.

If you did order it that first weekend, then you do have a right to be angry.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #228
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

I finally decided to post a pic of my sketch. You can add it to your library, Rose.

The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #229
Roseangelo
Emperor

Great! Thanks for posting it - I'll get it up in the gallery in a bit!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #230
DragonDavy1
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud652 View Post
Did you order by the Monday after it was announced?
If not you really have no right to be mad, it was a very limited promotion.
If you did order it that first weekend, then you do have a right to be angry.
No I didn't order it when it came out!
But I still have the right to be pissed.
If they wasn't doing anymore sketches they should of said it on the site or something, I paid extra for it since I'm in NY, shipping and tax and no sketch or not even sign, if I new this I wouldn't of ordered it.

I am still a big fan, just not ordering comics from the site anymore.

Have a good day!!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #231
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It was announced on the site as being a first come, first served thing Dragon Davy. Murphy's blog was following Peter's signing and sketching along with the cut off times and orders and such. It was one of those things where the really dedicated fans were rewarded for being so - following the production of the comic, along with it's release in every possible way (blogs, emails, etc.).
Peter will be doing a few cons here and there though, so you might be able to get something unique in there at a show!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #232
Revan
Han Shot First

Harsh, davy. They weren't trying to trick anyone. You should know what is going on before getting PO'ed
Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #233
malpractice
Mouser

finally had the time to take a photo

malpractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #234
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDavy1 View Post
That sucks big time!!

I wonder, does "If you don't order by X date then you don't get a sketch" in English translate as "Order anytime and get a sketch" in Fool?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #235
DragonDavy1
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
It was announced on the site as being a first come, first served thing Dragon Davy. Murphy's blog was following Peter's signing and sketching along with the cut off times and orders and such. It was one of those things where the really dedicated fans were rewarded for being so - following the production of the comic, along with it's release in every possible way (blogs, emails, etc.).
Peter will be doing a few cons here and there though, so you might be able to get something unique in there at a show!
Thanks Tristan for being cool about it, I understand.
You right about meeting up with Peter at a signing, he seem like a great guy when I met him at NYCC, I hope I can meet him again.
I'm sure I'll even order from there site again! I ordered the comic I think it was the 27th, so I didn't know there was a cute off date, it said first come first get but that Peter might be doing more.

As for Neutrino & Andrew NDB, LOL.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #236
Straight-Edge
Foot Soldier

Kinda PO'ed...

I ordered this issue a few weeks (maybe a month) ago, and the cover page was folded over itself (leaving a huge crease diagonally across the cover)... since the rest of the issue is fine, this meant someone just crammed the issue in the envelope.

But I'm forgiving... I know to err is human. So I ponied up and bought a second copy, figuring the first one would be my reading copy. It arrived today... wet. The first ten pages are crinkly and warped from the weather.

Now I feel jipped, not by Mirage, but by bad luck. 20 bucks, and neither copy is worth tossing in a bag and putting in my collection. And I WILL not buy another copy...

So I guess I'm just outta luck.
Straight-Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #237
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight-Edge View Post
Kinda PO'ed...

I ordered this issue a few weeks (maybe a month) ago, and the cover page was folded over itself (leaving a huge crease diagonally across the cover)... since the rest of the issue is fine, this meant someone just crammed the issue in the envelope.

But I'm forgiving... I know to err is human. So I ponied up and bought a second copy, figuring the first one would be my reading copy. It arrived today... wet. The first ten pages are crinkly and warped from the weather.

Now I feel jipped, not by Mirage, but by bad luck. 20 bucks, and neither copy is worth tossing in a bag and putting in my collection. And I WILL not buy another copy...

So I guess I'm just outta luck.
Try giving Mirage a call and explain your situation. I am sure they will make it up to you in some way...Mirage is about customer satisfaction...they DO NOT screw loyal fans.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #238
Roseangelo
Emperor

That sucks.

Although I DO think Mirage could have done a better job at packing and shipping these; especially when we're spending $10 on them.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #239
aprilsfan
Foot Soldier

when does #30 come out?
aprilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #240
odupianist
Mad Scientist

That's weird, cause I ordered everything in Vol 4 I didn't have (minus #26 but including #29) and they just came ina simple box. No folds or anything though.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4