The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #41
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I made this simple gif just for fun. I know these universes might not be used in the show or if they’ll even use rings to travel between them.

I kept thinking how Pokemon does Name that Pokemon during commercials but being Netflix that wouldn’t work I made it bigger but didn’t wanna post a big file. Thumbs up for guessing the 2 odd ones.

Characters: Sally, Manic, Grounder, Lumina (Sonic Shuffle), XLR8 (Ben10 form)

Last edited by Wildcat; 06-23-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:14 AM   #42
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Sally
Manic
Grounder
Rouge
Lizard-who??
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:41 AM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's a really cool image WildCAT, I don't get the last two either. It's def. not rouge. I'm not familiar with archie or the UK comic but perhaps from one of the lesser known spin-off games like Chronicles?

Yeah I definitely don't think they'll be touching on any previous cartoon, perhaps Sonic Boom if we're lucky. It'll deal with mostly classic and modern sonic and making something that makes sense with both of them and perhaps the movie Sonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Your headcanon doesn't count
Fitting Underground definitely involves a lot effort to make it work in headcanon but Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and SatAM basically had a movie that linked both together Sonic Christmas Blast VHS special. I mean you have Robotropolis, Sally, an early version of SwatBOTS. It was meant to link them together.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That's a really cool image WildCAT, I don't get the last two either. It's def. not rouge. I'm not familiar with archie or the UK comic but perhaps from one of the lesser known spin-off games like Chronicles?

Yeah I definitely don't think they'll be touching on any previous cartoon, perhaps Sonic Boom if we're lucky. It'll deal with mostly classic and modern sonic and making something that makes sense with both of them and perhaps the movie Sonic.

Fitting Underground definitely involves a lot effort to make it work in headcanon but Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and SatAM basically had a movie that linked both together Sonic Christmas Blast VHS special. I mean you have Robotropolis, Sally, an early version of SwatBOTS. It was meant to link them together.
I still remember that one episode of SATAM where it actually was about Sonic and Tails (and as a kid when Tails was surprised Sonic choose him I wanted to scream 'OF COURSE HE CHOSE YOU, YOU'RE ACTUALLY IN THE GAME INSTEAD OF ALL THESE OTHER MADE-UP NOBODIES"). In that episode not only were the Swat Bots grey/white like they were in the Archie comics, but they borrowed a few tunes from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #45
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I still remember that one episode of SATAM where it actually was about Sonic and Tails (and as a kid when Tails was surprised Sonic choose him I wanted to scream 'OF COURSE HE CHOSE YOU, YOU'RE ACTUALLY IN THE GAME INSTEAD OF ALL THESE OTHER MADE-UP NOBODIES"). In that episode not only were the Swat Bots grey/white like they were in the Archie comics, but they borrowed a few tunes from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
That was the SatAM pilot "Heads or Tails"

Sally had her early Archie design in that episode.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:52 PM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
That was the SatAM pilot "Heads or Tails"

Sally had her early Archie design in that episode.
Oh.... I guess that explains why they were actually following the game a bit more.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-07-2021, 09:41 PM   #47
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Thanks. Not from any of the comics or Chronicles. Even if you’re not familiar with them I think it’s still possible if you really think about it. Google around if you need to.

Clues: Mini and Green.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Not too crazy about the overly-detailed gloves and shoes. Feels like just too much bells and whistles for the sake of it. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #50
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I would have thought SEGA would have learned the lesson of "don't mess with Sonic's shoes" by now. Otherwise, it does look cool.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #51
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zariustwo View Post
"Amy want snu-snu!!!"
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #52
AquaParade
Banned

Shoes and gloves look bad, but I sort of the like rest of it. Reminds me of SaTam.

If I were tasked with spicing up Sonic's design, I'd just go classic but throw him some cool goggles. Like, if I had to put my stamp on it. Goggles makes sense to me, for a character like Sonic, and it wouldn't infringe on his design too much. He could easily pull them down around his neck as well for a variant look.

Last edited by AquaParade; 06-23-2021 at 06:53 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:10 PM   #53
Wildcat
Foot Elite

The shoes and gloves are clearly a story element. Probably used to travel to other universes.

No indication of SatAm or Adventures of Sonic cartoons but I’m sure they’d wait to reveal them if they’re included. Looks really good though. CGI must be nice.

I edited my post with the answers to the gif.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #54
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sonic's long-term comic scribe Ian Flynn is a consultant on the show

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/10...n-sonic-prime/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #55
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:

So, it's gonna be like Sonic Boom, but somehow worse.

... and Ian Flynn's going to be consulting this?

Cheers.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:38 PM   #56
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
So, it's gonna be like Sonic Boom, but somehow worse.

... and Ian Flynn's going to be consulting this?

Cheers.
People liked the Sonic Boom cartoon. All that matters.

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:34 PM   #57
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The new show should be different but Sonic Boom was awesome, it was basically a show where each episode the writers wrote self aware jokes about the sonic franchise and fandom.

I missed the news of the concept art, I love the new gloves and shoes, IMO sonic was the coolest when he had the SOAP shoes in Sonic Adventure 2, then again I was also 13. I don't like that he looks too much like modern sonic, wish they moved away from that look. The red sky and building does imply a setting similar to DIC SATAM Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. I've never read Archie but even if Ian Flynn was the "good writer" in general Archie Sonic just rubs me the wrong way and what Sonic shouldn't be so not sure if it's a good idea.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:02 AM   #58
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I watched five episodes and so far, it's just okay. The animation, the visuals, character models, and the voice acting are great but it loves to retread flashbacks which ruins the pacing and the humor is pretty weak.

I hope the show gets better because I'm not feeling it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote