The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #61
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant

I just got a version of the shooting script. It has a lot of info. I am pretty busy at the moment, but I will post excerpts soon
Welmanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #62
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant

Sorry to double post, but I have had the time to go through the first part of the script and grab out parts that weren't in the final release that seemed significant enough.

Alternate intro to the film that runs into the intro that we know.

This part was in the trailer, I believe and a similar shot was in the second film. I never realized it was intedned for the main title.

Caseys introduction was initially meant to be slightly earlier in the film. This scene comes just after the Turtles have returned from their "first battle" and just before Donnie and Mikey pick up the pizza through the grate.

This next part is the extended version of the Raph and Caseys first meeting.

This next part, obviously following on from the scene where Charles visits April the morning after her being mugged, is a cool little montage showcasing the thievery\ninja skills of The Foot.

This scene follows from the initial introduction to The Foot warehouse. What interests me about this scene, is the manniquin with bells on it. I don't know if in SOTO they just took this scene and used it. Or if they were refferencing this scene (considering they had gone into production of the second film before the first was even released).

That scene nearly directly rolls into the Enter The Shredder scene, which while the movie comic was a cool depiction. This version is ultimate cool for me.

That's all for now. I shall keep plugging away at it over the next week.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #63
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

What's interesting is that it's evident that Shredder's original speech, with some changes to make it roll off the tongue better, wasn't changed until sometime in post-production, when they dubbed his part, as you can hear it in the trailer. I actually prefer it to the speech that is in the film, because everyone and their parents chuckled in the theater when the Shredder, with his Vader-like presence, shouted "...I am your father."

The dialogue was also changed during the final battle, but in that case, for the better. It didn't originally have "So it has a name -- it had a name." At least, the dialogue was different in the draft Weapon X was posting scans from several years back.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #64
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant

Next wave.

This one I had no idea about until reading through it. I can understand why they cut it. Much like the alternate ending in the comic book publishers office, it doesn't fit the tone of the film. I do like the idea of Leo lashing back at Mikey for the cymbals to the ears. This was meant to take place inbetween the shots of Raph and the foot.

This is just an extended part of the fight in Aprils apartment. It's interesting to see the cocky\smart ass side of Donnie.

Next up is extended farm stuff. There was so much cut out of this part of the film. I think a much larger period of time was meant to pass than what was portrayed to us in the final cut. I iwll try to post in order.

This next one, while in order with the previous, explains the "well picture"

I didn't Include a scene involving Tatsu because it gets referenced later on and I will put those up together.

That's all for now folks!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #65
Raphael Let It Go
Random Punk

I would love a better version of the original movie. It is such a classic in my opinion that it is a shame there was no special features. It would be nice to get some cast interviews, deleted scenes and maybe so featurettes.
Raphael Let It Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #66
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Oh wow... these scripts are great. I took screenwriting back in college, but all the scripts we had to study were just artsy-fartsy film festival bits with no actual action or worthy dialogue...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #67
DaVinci
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welmanshire View Post
manniquin with bells on it.
Well, for what it's worth, that scene is in the novelisation of the 1st film.
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #68
jenna
Mad Scientist

Thanks for posting these extracts. They are really good to read. A lot of it was in the novelisation. I'd imagine that the farmhouse stuff was cut from the theatrical cut for pacing reasons. Let's hope we get that director's cut!!
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

I say we all go to the official Warner Archive Collection page on Facebook and voice our interest in extras-abundant special editions versions of the Turtles films along with a director's cut of the first film (and maybe a director's cut of TMNT 2007, if possible). I know the WAC guys aren't in charge of catalog releases, but I'm pretty sure they'd pass the word on to the appropriate people. I already did.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #70
JakeSully
Banned

Hope so, i wants to see the missing footage badly.
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #71
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

So, as most of you know we focused a lot on the first movie in the doc content. We captured as many important players as we could for master interviews. We focused so heavily on the first movie that we had to pretty much omit content from the other ones in the "main" doc, which is why we have so many additional edits. There is even an additional 30 or 40 minute feature covering more content from the first movie aside from whats in the doc itself. Again we can't give any specific dates or release format information yet, but things are coming along finally.

We got access to early shooting drafts of the script that had story boards attached. That version was very different as there was no opening with April telling the entire exposition through the news, it was all shown rather than told, there was even a scene shot that had Ernie Reyes Jr outside of the Don costume, would have ruined his opportunity to come back in Movie II had they used it! I found it in the dailies 5 years ago. There wasn't a whole lot else (that I have found in two thirds of the films dailies) that wasn't in the final film, just little scenes, most of which we know about. It was really the pacing that was re-worked and some lines moved and changed with Shredder and such, all after the fact through multiple re-edits (and a lot of drama).

Anyways, the most important part is we will have an amazing behind the scenes look with all the interviews you would want about this first movie (Producer, Director, Writer, Actors, Stunt Performers, Puppet Masters, Brain Henson, etc.). Stories from the pre-production about how the movie ALMOST didn't happen at all, amazing never before told stuff!! If all goes well and we clear the rights, we will also share the never before scene cut content we have collected. At the very least we do have some footage (if not the only footage) captured on set during the shooting of the film, that we should be able to share.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #72
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

^
When is this thing coming out, or is this going to be like Turtles Forever?
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #73
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I can't wait! Between Crystal Lake Memories and the Turtles doc, it's a good year for franchise documentaries.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd releases, scripts