The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-15-2021, 11:14 PM   #961
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Do they utilize the Elfman theme from the Raimi films?
Spoiler:
Yes, there are two moments where it's used. Garfield's James Horner theme is also in it and plays slightly longer
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:53 PM   #962
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Spoiler:
Okay. Why did Peter not tell MJ & Ned at the end? He got the script ready and everything but then just… gave up and left.

Peter Parker and broken promises are the recurring theme in all universes I see here lmao
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:59 AM   #963
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Spoiler:
Okay. Why did Peter not tell MJ & Ned at the end? He got the script ready and everything but then just… gave up and left.
Spoiler:
Because he thought they were better off not being saddled with the burden of who he was, they make mention of MIT again, something his identity had held up, it's a typical trope in teen movies to want something so badly then to realize it's better to give it up
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:13 AM   #964
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Spoiler:
Because he thought they were better off not being saddled with the burden of who he was, they make mention of MIT again, something his identity had held up, it's a typical trope in teen movies to want something so badly then to realize it's better to give it up
Spoiler:
He was an emotional wreck when Aunt May got killed; needed his friends and 2 other Spider-Men for support (he was even about to commit cold blooded murder) but suddenly he decided oh I’m gonna do all of this vigilante Spider-Man thing all alone from now on? Yeah okay Peter…

The sheer idiocy but that’s the flawed superhero they’re going for I guess…

Also, if he talked to Ned & MJ, even if they reject, at least the idea gets planted in their head and they may come to terms with it later. But no, let’s do nothing and not talk about this forever smh Peter why u so smart?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:23 AM   #965
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes. there is a bit of it.
Music to my ears.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:30 AM   #966
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Spoiler:
For Tom’s Peter, yes. Aunt May seems to play the important role and impart the “with great power comes great responsibility” mantra to him, not Ben.

It’s crazy I’m watching this movie for the 3rd time. But still can’t beat TMNT 2014 since I watched that 8 times in the cinema lol.
I watched Joker three times in the theater, which was the most times I've done that since the original Space Jam (lol). It's a little funny, because despite loving that movie, I don't think I'll watch it again for a very long time now. I've fully dissected it. But it was such an electric experience, that it really did entertain me all three times at the theater.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #967
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Just terrible.
Spoiler:
If Man of Steel can survive his parents teaching him the opposite lesson from the comics, this can handle the same lesson from the opposite sex.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:38 PM   #968
Leo656
The Franchise

That's not what happened. At all.

I swear nobody but me actually paid any attention whatsoever what those movies were saying. Not surprising, but still supremely disappointing.

Also, MoS didn't completely make the Kents completely meaningless in the grand scheme of Superman's journey. Uncle Ben, meanwhile, being KIND OF important to Spider-Man's entire, y'know, "thing", definitely shouldn't have been all but erased for whatever reason they chose to do so for these movies.

Bad analogy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:03 PM   #969
AquaParade
Banned

That was a hell of an experience. Didn’t think I’d ever see something like that. As a movie, sort of choppy. Still has some of that FFH DNA that I don’t love. At the same time, there were too many highlights for me to even recollect right now.

As always, I need to see it again, before I can digest it. Great experience either way, but I feel the script could have been better.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:22 PM   #970
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Also, MoS didn't completely make the Kents completely meaningless in the grand scheme of Superman's journey. Uncle Ben, meanwhile, being KIND OF important to Spider-Man's entire, y'know, "thing", definitely shouldn't have been all but erased for whatever reason they chose to do so for these movies.
He was "erased" for the same reason there was no Goblin or a lot of city stuff in the movie... it'd all just been redone a few years prior so it'd run the risk of fatiguing audiences. It made sense. The promise, of course, was that they would get around to these things -- Uncle Ben especially -- eventually. That they're basically giving his whole role and purpose to Aunt May is a real betrayal of the character's origins. It'd be a new take on TMNT where Hamato Yoshi isn't mentioned, and there's only Tang Shen, but she doesn't give the TMNT any meaning until they've already been operating as the TMNT for years.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #971
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I watched Joker three times in the theater, which was the most times I've done that since the original Space Jam (lol). It's a little funny, because despite loving that movie, I don't think I'll watch it again for a very long time now. I've fully dissected it. But it was such an electric experience, that it really did entertain me all three times at the theater.
I only ever went to a movie more than once, just once. My father had wanted to see Halloween 2018.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #972
Leo656
The Franchise

I was under the impression there was no meaningful Uncle Ben presence in this Spider-Man series because the powers-that-be figured that Peter constantly referring to a family member who'd died tragically would've been too much of a "downer". Everything connected to the MCU having to be so saccharine and low-stakes and "nothing to upset the kiddos" and all that.

Probably a little of A and B, with a dash of "Current Year" stuff. "Having Peter's most important and influential relative be a MAN is problematic now", and so on. Probably a little of ALL of that, mixed together.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #973
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I was under the impression there was no meaningful Uncle Ben presence in this Spider-Man series because the powers-that-be figured that Peter constantly referring to a family member who'd died tragically would've been too much of a "downer". Everything connected to the MCU having to be so saccharine and low-stakes and "nothing to upset the kiddos" and all that.
I don't think so. But getting into a third Uncle Ben death only 2 movies after the last Uncle Ben death... I mean, it makes sense. It's just silly at that point. But they needed to get around to it eventually and most especially not replace it with something/someone else.

That would have been awesome if all the memes about Joe Pesci as Uncle Ben had materialized into reality. If only in flashbacks.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #974
Leo656
The Franchise

No, yeah, I'm sure timing was *A* factor, I'm just not convinced it was the ONLY factor, is all I'm saying.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #975
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, I don't think it was a factor either. Especially because Sony and Marvel would have to both feel that way, especially at that point in the arrangement. It just made sense to move away from the origin.

Which is sort of a shame, because there is still room to do another take on the origin, if the ASM films hadn't butchered it and so soon after Raimi. I'd like to see an origin that really fleshes out the days of Peter trying to make money as Spider-Man. That's always been untapped territory in my mind.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #976
AquaParade
Banned

Btw all, sorry but I have to vent this here: 30 minutes of previews at my theater. Ridiculous. It’s nice that seats are reserved and you have the option to come in late, but it’s still ridiculous to start 30 minutes after the advertised time.

30 minutes. They want you to sit there watching previews for longer than an episode of cable television. If theaters die, these thoughts will console me.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:01 AM   #977
Turo602
The King of Kings

So...

Spoiler:
everyone but Harry Osborn knew Norman was the Green Goblin and killed himself with his own glider? Also, what was the point of saving the villains? How exactly is that even gonna work without altering time and f*cking up everyone's memories and fate? The symbiote being left behind was pretty stupid too as it should have been taken back to its original universe. And why the hell was Daredevil even there at all? Seemed so out of place.

It was a pretty cool and surreal experience, but damn there was so much dumb stuff in this. The movie was at its best when it was taking itself seriously, but then they couldn't resist making awkward jokes all the time. At least this weird ass mess of a Spider-Man trilogy seems to be course correcting itself and gave us a movie like this that could only ever happen today. Lots of great fan service, though they really missed the mark with the soundtrack.
Old 12-17-2021, 12:20 AM   #978
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Spoiler:
Also, what was the point of saving the villains? How exactly is that even gonna work without altering time and f*cking up everyone's memories and fate?
Asking completely natural and obvious questions of logic with regard to Marvel movies is a very dangerous game, friend.

The answer, as always, is "It's just capesh*t, bruh, don't think so hard."

I mean, that SHOULDN'T be the answer, but that is, indeed, the answer.

I admit, I had the same question myself in reading about the movie, but in the end you're just not supposed to even consider it. Even though yeah, it's a pretty big thing to just sort of handwave away. BUT, that's how this stuff works now. "Don't poke holes in it, just roll with it."

Drives people like me who are missing the "Just Shut Your Brain Off" button completely crazy, but not a whole lot can be done about it. "You're Not Supposed To Think."

Old 12-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #979
AquaParade
Banned

The more I sit with it, the more I like it. I don’t think it was the best possible version of this story and I’d still edit the script if I could, because there are some glaring plot holes, but what a great time it was to watch. Really heartwarming in parts, but in such a strange meta way. Can’t wait to watch it again and solidify my feelings.

It’s okay to give a film like this a little leniency, imo. I’m not a “turn off your brain” movie kind of guy whatsoever. But this isn’t your typical film. Innovation and pioneering earns you the occasional hall-pass. In this case, it’s more like: turn off your brain, turn on your heart.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-17-2021 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:57 AM   #980
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I won't believe any opinions on the movie until enough time has passed and post release hype passes. MCU movies always have a more positive opinion for the first few months it's out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote