The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Turtle Toy of Yesteryear

Hey, guys, remember this thing?



I remember that I just had to have one of these when I was younger. I still have mine, actually, and it still works!

It's too bad they couldn't have made an interactive Turtle Comm. One of the disappointments I had with this toy was that I thought you got actual messages from the Turtles.

But all you could do was message them.

Oh, well. It was still a pretty nifty Turtle toy.

"It's a Turtle communicator. We all carry them now." - Donatello, from "Shredder & Splintered"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:20 AM   #2
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
DO I??????? There was a short period in third grade where I brought it to school with me every day!

There was also a newer one that came in the later years that was shaped like the ones the turtles used, but it wasn't as good. All it did was play certain sounds (that weren't even the turtles) such as, "COW-A-BUNG-A-DUDES!" I'm serious; it was so broken in the way they were said! Each syllable was pronouced seperately!

I never got THAT one, that thank God! The original one, (in the pic) was the cooler one.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:24 AM   #3
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
But THIS just happened to be my all-time favorite:

Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:54 AM   #4
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
I remember having both those toys at some point in my childhood. I'm pretty sure that pieces of the party wagon are still around.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
My party wagon is in shambles. Somehow I lost/broke most of the accessories.

I still have the Turtle Cycle, Footski, and a sewer tube in good shape.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
sweet sweet turtles drool am i the only one that loves all boxwork tmnt? i just love it, i'm gonna go on ebay and get the partywagon mib
later
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #7
Kameko
Sister to the TMNT
 
Kameko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Posts: 2,756
*frown* Can you believe that I never had any TMNT toys as a kid? I do remember playing TMNT on the playground, though. And playing with my friends toys.
Kameko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
Donatello the turtle
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 215
i got some action figures around my house i think
__________________
mike-donatello..donatello if you build it we will ride..IN TURTLE STYLE
Donatello the turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 03:06 PM   #9
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I had the Turtle Comm, the Turtle Van, and a few action figures. I always wanted to get a Technodrome, though.

When I was little, I remember how I thought it was kind of a bummer that the bad guys always had to walk and the good guys always had the Turtle van to ride around in. Because I refused to let bad guys into the Turtle van.

That was a big no-no.

And the module would have been cool, too. Driving one of those things in real life would have been awesome.

"Whoever it is, tell them we don't want any!" - Krang, from "Turtles at the Earth's Core"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:01 PM   #10
The Hedge
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 87
I love the box art on the TMNT figures and vehicles, I remember going in to the toyshops and just legging it to where the TMNT would be.
Wasn't there one with Michaelangelo getting his arm bitten off?
I think it was the Footski one, I didn't like that lol.
I don't remember ever seeing the Communicator in toy shops over here, it probably appeared here in 94.
__________________
"I'm not ill, green is my natural colour"
The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:57 PM   #11
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorite420
There was also a newer one that came in the later years that was shaped like the ones the turtles used, but it wasn't as good. All it did was play certain sounds (that weren't even the turtles) such as, "COW-A-BUNG-A-DUDES!" I'm serious; it was so broken in the way they were said! Each syllable was pronouced seperately!
There was a second Turtle Comm? Do you have a picture? I never knew there was a second Turtle Comm. I wish the one that the makers came out with would have been the one the Turtles used in later seasons.

I like the rectangle Turtle Comm better than the round one.

"How are things going?"
"Terrible!"

Donatello and Raphael, from "The Starchild"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:52 PM   #12
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
actually the round one was april's because it looked like a compact, and the sorta hexagon one was the turtles. I like the turtles one better than april's. Good news i found the turtle van for $30! MIB
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:53 PM   #13
Greed
Stone Warrior
 
Greed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 931
All my vehicles are missing at least a peace or two
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 07:28 PM   #14
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Sadly, NTCF, I don't have a pic of the second Turtle Comm toy.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 06:56 PM   #15
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I've always wanted one of those Turtle Comms...
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 10:53 PM   #16
RESOL
Mouser
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in the great blue yonder of Texas
Posts: 13
My favorite toys

They were the the turtle launcher. turtle van, and my tutrle videogames.
__________________
I am the one you used to make fun of and call LOSER. Now I am back, back for vengance, back for BLOOD!!!
RESOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:15 AM   #17
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
I always wanted to get a Technodrome, though.
Ditto. My first reaction to seeing the TV ad for it was, as Michelangelo would say, "TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!" Like many a child in those days, I wanted to play around with it and act out a whole episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
When I was little, I remember how I thought it was kind of a bummer that the bad guys always had to walk and the good guys always had the Turtle van to ride around in. Because I refused to let bad guys into the Turtle van.

That was a big no-no.
Not for me

I remember my sister and I (yes, my older sister likes TMNT too, though nowhere near my level of obesession) used to always play with my toys with no limitatations. In other words, we'd have the foots joining the turtles at times, had the turtles navigate the foot-ski that I used to have, have Rocksteady and Bebop (those were among my favorite action figures of all) commandeer the turtle van, use that Foot Soldier figure on the main part of the sewer cycle (I wanted to act out the arcade game too), among other weird things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
And the module would have been cool, too. Driving one of those things in real life would have been awesome.
See my comment on the Technodrome toy...

"He's turned the Technodrome into a pumpkin..." - Krang from "Mr. Ogg Goes to Town"
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #18
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
i didn't like taht mr. ogg goes to town episode, it was ok...
yeah i bought the technodrome 2nd hand from a friend a few years back, that's the only way i got it. I never had teh module, but a friend did and i played with his, it wasn't anything like the cartoon's though.
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:13 PM   #19
Steel_Wings
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 37
Ahh..the good old days

I remeber having the communcator, the sewer playset, tons of figures..the van, the helecopter, all of which I no longer have...
__________________
"I HAVE THE POWER!"
Steel_Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #20
Steel_Wings
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 37
come to think of it

I always the Technodrome, along with Bebop and Rockstedy...I had Rockstedy..never got Bebop though
__________________
"I HAVE THE POWER!"
Steel_Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.