The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
Jason
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
Ninja turtles Movie DVD release (UK)

This is probably old news but the Ninja Turtles DVD will be released in the UK this Monday (21st October). It's the one with 2nd and 3rd movies and it's a 2 disc set. Originally these movies were cut when released in the UK so I don't know if they will cut or uncut this time.
Fox are also releasing both Power Rangers movies on a double DVD set on that day too and they will both be uncut so maybe Ninja Turtles will be uncut this time too.
Here's a picture of the box :
http://www.fox.co.uk/home_ent/i/pack...tles_large.jpg
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
Raphaella
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: England, building my own sewer system
Posts: 403
Wicked! I knew they were coming out soon, but didnt know the date! Thanks dude for that! I'll start watching the shop from that day!
__________________
"We came, we saw, we kicked their ASS!" - Ghostbusters

message to UK channels : You SUCK

~ Mutant lover
Raphaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
The Hedge
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 87
That's great, I was going to order those from Amazon USA, but now I can just pop into HMV.
I didn't know the second and third movies were cut, do you know what scenes?
I hope they're not cut!
I got the American version of the first movie on DVD, and I can't believe they cut Michaelangelo's awsome nunchuku scene out of the UK version, the did add some scenes in to take up time though, one of Leonardo sword
fighting and roundhousing some Foot.
__________________
"I'm not ill, green is my natural colour"
The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:54 PM   #4
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
An uk dvd release...sweet, i hope they're uncut so that uk fans get the uncensored thing...oh and i like the cover art
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #5
Jason
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
I checked on the BBFC website about the two Ninja Turtles movies.
They said that as of Oct 11th 2002 all previous cuts made to Ninja Turtles in the UK were removed - effectively meaning both movies will be uncut this time.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:31 PM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
DAMN THE BRITISH CENSORS!!!!!!! REJOICE IN THE NEW DAY OF THE UNCUT MOVIE!!!!!!

Thankfully, we Americans never had that problem
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Yay! You get to see Mike's awesome Chuk Duel with the footie!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 05:06 AM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Mike: Whoa, and I thought insurance salesmen were pushy!

*Foot Soldier does fancy 'chuck move*

Mike: Ohhhhh, a fellow 'chucker, ey?

*grabs his 'chucks...twirls them...FS attempts to outdo him...Mike does a few more moves...FS starts to get impressed, but still tries to outdo Mike...Mike spins the 'chucks on the tip of his finger like a basketball...FS looks flabberghasted and confused**

Mike: Keep practicing!
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 06:13 AM   #9
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Yay! You get to see Mike's awesome Chuk Duel with the footie!
That is my single favorite scene from the movie. I don't know how many times I tried to recreate that scene in front of my mirror with my orange plastic chucks and just ended up hurting myself.

"Fabuloso, dudes! I really dig surprise parties!" - Michaelangelo, from "Once Upon a Time Machine"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.