The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #1
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Mirage Volume 1 Issue #8 - Couple of things

I think I've numbered this correct. The issue with Renet's first appearance and also Cerebus

Firstly, why does Cerebus bulge up and get all spotty at one point in the story and is so in the epilogue? I've never read any other Cerebus stuff so maybe it's really obvious but I don't know

Secondly, does anyone notice the Batman head look-a-like carved into Savanti's podium when he's first using the staff? That's another time Batman's made a sort of cameo in the comics (also in Vol 1. #32, see other thread on that)

Any help appreciated, thanks
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Re: Mirage Volume 1 Issue #8 - Couple of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool
Firstly, why does Cerebus bulge up and get all spotty at one point in the story and is so in the epilogue? I've never read any other Cerebus stuff so maybe it's really obvious but I don't know
Well, for this one, Cerebus thinks about ditching the mission he's on to get some scrolls for some wizard. So him bulging up is the wizard's magic pretty much telling him in get his @$$ in gear and to not even think about ditching the job. I've never read the Cerebus, either, so I don't know if there's a backstory or who the wizard is, but that's what I figured was going on.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #3
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Oh yeah, I remember it now. That makes sense, cheers
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
impetus
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 978
Re: Mirage Volume 1 Issue #8 - Couple of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool
Secondly, does anyone notice the Batman head look-a-like carved into Savanti's podium when he's first using the staff? That's another time Batman's made a sort of cameo in the comics (also in Vol 1. #32, see other thread on that)
the funniest one is in the heddon/mcweeney Maltese Turtle ish
__________________
impetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.