The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Some good news for TMNT Comic lovers..................

I don't know if anyone knows this yet, but here goes:

I subscribe to Westfield Comics online catalog, and get it in my inbox. What does this have to do with anything about the TMNT, you might ask? Simple. I was perusing the latest "catalog" (December's) from them, and in the section (Comics E-O) that has Mirage Comics listed in it, I came across something VERY thrilling. And that is that "Tales of the TMNT" Volume 2, #6, will feature the return to the TMNT Universe of former ARCHIE Comics TMNT creative team, Chris Allen and Dean Clarrain! Good times ahead!

Honestly, though, I don't know how many issues they'll do, or if it will be only this one (God, I sincerely HOPE that it turns out to be more than ONE issue!!!), but I'M reading this to mean that they're coming back to the TMNT, hopefully on a full time basis. But, naturally, I urge you all to get this book! I know Chris and Dean have a LOT of fans of their work out there, and this looks to be fun!

Keep your fingers crossed on this one, peeps.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Also, Tales is going monthly starting soon. Both are great news!
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #3
Triceraton
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 246
Yep, that's listed in the new Diamond Previews catalog as well, here's what it says:

Quote:
Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6
by Dean Clarrain & Chris Allan

Fans of the Archie Comics' late lamented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures comic book series get ready to rejoice- that book's creative team of Clarrain and Allan return to comics after nearly a decade! This issue focuses on the tumultuous and often violent life-long relationtionship between Leonardo and the Foot soldier known as Cha Ocho! Ever wonder how Cha got that nasty scar across his face? Find out in this issue!
32pgs, B&W $2.95
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:37 PM   #4
bufo
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oss, The Netherlands
Posts: 129
well, I'm hearing lot's of positive things about the "Tales of..." series, I think I'll pick up the next couple of issues
__________________
"I want to be a better man, I wanna strip the flesh from the spirit, I wanna write the kind of songs that inspire people to be fearless"
bufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
I haven't read too much of their work on the Archie series, but judging by the summaries I've read it seems that the series got interesting towards the end of its run.

I'm intrigued to see them create storylines for the Mirage continuity.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Cool. We get to learn about Cha Ocho
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Also, Tales is going monthly starting soon. Both are great news!
Indeed! LOL There goes my monthly "extra cash" supply again!!!

Cha Ocho? Never heard of him, myself. Where did HE come from? And when did he and Leo become enemies? Sounds like I've missed out on a BUNCH of stuff!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I have a feeling Ocha could've been a random member of the Foot Clan from back when The Shredder was still around.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:29 PM   #9
Triceraton
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 246
Quote:
Cha Ocho? Never heard of him, myself. Where did HE come from? And when did he and Leo become enemies? Sounds like I've missed out on a BUNCH of stuff!
He's in Volume 4, and doesn't get along with Leo very well, but it was never explained why. That's what this issue of Tales is going to cover, the history he has with Leo.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Cool. Looks like I'll be going to my local comics store to order THIS puppy.

God, I GOTTA get my TMNT comics caught back up! AND get to collecting them again! I missed out on the last few issues of Vol. 1, never got ANY of Vol. 2, only have ONE issue of the Image series (the ubiquitous (infamous?! Heh.) "Vol. 3"), and don't have ONE single issue of Vol. 4 OR "Tales of the TMNT" Vol. 2! But THAT will change tomorrow. Hopefully. IF I'm NOT too late TO put my order in. I hope.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:59 PM   #11
bufo
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oss, The Netherlands
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Cool. Looks like I'll be going to my local comics store to order THIS puppy.

God, I GOTTA get my TMNT comics caught back up! AND get to collecting them again! I missed out on the last few issues of Vol. 1, never got ANY of Vol. 2, only have ONE issue of the Image series (the ubiquitous (infamous?! Heh.) "Vol. 3"), and don't have ONE single issue of Vol. 4 OR "Tales of the TMNT" Vol. 2! But THAT will change tomorrow. Hopefully. IF I'm NOT too late TO put my order in. I hope.
exactly the same thing with me, but the tales of really seem to be great
__________________
"I want to be a better man, I wanna strip the flesh from the spirit, I wanna write the kind of songs that inspire people to be fearless"
bufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:41 AM   #12
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
*hugs her archies*

I LOVED Chris Allan... this is gonna be great....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:41 PM   #13
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
hold up. i dont think its going to return to their TMNT universe....its just that they're style, yes?
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Right, its the style we're talking about.

*whee history lesson!*

There were a lot of different artists on the Archie Comics, but Chris And Dean were by far some of the best.

for example...

Here is a very Allan-ianGroupshot of The turtles and Ninjara. A LOT of details, especially around the plastron. It also seems more... well, Realistic.

This was the issue by Allan Chris that HOOKED me into his art.
Michelangelo's Capture was by far the most tear-jerking issue i had ever seen. I first saw it in Middle school, and even today when I look at it here in my dormroom, I grieve for him...

ON a Positive note...

Hehee...here's Chris's style of Splinter
By far, my most favorite form. So tall, so strong... so DAMM good looking!

Dean's style is more of a cartoony style, as seen here.

*ahem*

Of course, there were other good artsits, such as Garret Ho... you'll see why i like it. Very much like Chris's style, Garret does a lot of details. Just take a look at the very bottom square of this page.

YOu'll see Splinter The face is longer, and his color's lighter, but Mmm Mmm MMMmmm....


heh, sorry.... *hides from the cold firehose*
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:39 AM   #15
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Cris and Dean are two of my fave TMNT artists, for very different reasons. I love Chris for his more serious type style, and Dean for his more cartoony one.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #16
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
wait a minute...Dean wasn't an artist, was he? I thought he was just a writer. That issue #17 cover was drawn by Ken Mitcheroney
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:11 AM   #17
CrippledNitemare
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
Posts: 51
Good news indeed.

Now if Laird could get them to do the Forever War.
__________________

Coming from Mirage 2006?... 2007?
Ah well... it'll be here when it gets here.
CrippledNitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #18
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
I think one of the new TMNT issues SAID something about them going to DO the "Forever War" sometime during this series run, but I'm not sure what thread it was in, or which issue. All I know was, the info was on the letter's page in the back of the comic. Can anybody help me OUT here?
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:25 PM   #19
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
think it was in the letters page of one of the ToTMNT issues. Yes, something may come, but not for awhile, and barring many pieces that must fall into place.

Privately, I've done what I can to get the ball rolling, so we'll have to wait and see.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #20
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Check out Splinter's latest post in the Technodrome News section. Mirage WILL be publishing "The FOREVER WAR" story-arc, but as a graphic novel that will be released sometime in 2005. Start saving your money, peeps. This one's going to be HOT!!!

This book is SO mine when it comes out!!!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.