The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 08:03 PM   #1
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant
 
Tigerfog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal (Quebec, Canada)
Posts: 348
Questions about characters' ages in Mirage universe...

I'd like to ask you about the ages of the characters in the world of TMNT.

In the VOL1:
How old were the turtles? Which one was the oldest?
How old was Casey? And April? (all when they first met).
What are the age gaps between each of them and the turtles?
What is the age gap between Casey and Shadow?

In VOL4:
About how old would the turtles be in the VOl4?
How old are April, Casey and Shadow?

And a few more questions that doesn't have anything to do with age:
What is the relationship between Casey and April in the VOL4?
Can please describe briefly Shadow's personality?

Thanks a lot!
__________________
Tigerfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:35 AM   #2
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
Well, I'm not that big of a Mirage expert...So I expect someone to correct me if I get anything wrong...But as far as I know;

Quote:
How old were the turtles? Which one was the oldest?
Thirteen at first, sixteen(seventeen?) at the end. As far as I know they were all the same age.

Quote:
About how old would the turtles be in the VOl4?
Around 28 I think.

Quote:
How old are April, Casey and Shadow?
I think Casey and April are in their late thirties. Shadow is about 16 I think.

Quote:
What is the relationship between Casey and April in the VOL4?
They are married.

I'm sure others will be able to help you with the other questions.
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
one thing to note about TMNT comics is that time passes as it actually does in the real world. Roughly 20 years have passed since the first issue of TMNT.

That being said, the turtles are more likely 33 years old. That said, April's age cannot be accurately determined until her storyline goes. It would also put Casey around 40.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:12 AM   #4
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Based on the TMNT role-playing game book character bios, the TMNT were around 14 and a half in the first comic book and Splinter was around 24. When they met April, she was around 26, and when they met Casey, he was 22. The comics never specified if there is an age gap between the TMNT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:08 PM   #5
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant
 
Tigerfog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal (Quebec, Canada)
Posts: 348
Thanks for the help, everybody!
I've always been curious about those characters' ages.
If anyone can answer the question about Shadow's personality, I'd appreciate it too!
BTW, I only have 2 VOL4 comics and a few DW ones, so I'm kinda lost...
__________________
Tigerfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
I don't have ANY issues of Vol. 4 yet, bro, so don't feel bad. Heh. That makes you two issues UP on ME where THAT's concerned!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #7
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
So Casey's 42ish and April's 46ish...
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:50 AM   #8
Shreddatron
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 108
I've always had a question about the first issue, it says maste rsplinter trained them for 13 years, so you assume they are thirteen, but you can't train an animal from year one can you? I've always wondered...
__________________
Evolution is a retarded child trying to write a book.
Shreddatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #9
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
well, in general animals mature/grow up faster than Humans... so it IS possible...
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
right now they're like 32-33 believe. i think it's great in this series they do not stay perpetually 15. they age & grow up.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
If you read the origin story in issue 1 carefully Splinter says he has trained them for 13 years before he tells them the story and during the story he comments that after a year they had reached their present height and that he then started to train them. So 14 in issue 1 sounds about right to me.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #12
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin
So Casey's 42ish and April's 46ish...
Man, its so weird for me to think of them being in their 40s...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #13
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
right now they're like 32-33 believe. i think it's great in this series they do not stay perpetually 15. they age & grow up.
Yeah, I like that, too. It's more realistic, and, as I've said, I like that. I mean, look at Archie, Betty, Veronica; etc.; from the Archie Comics series. They've been around since the danged 30's, and they're ALL still teenagers! But to be fair, NOBODY in that series has aged, either. Not Mr and Mrs. Lodge, not Archie's, parents, not Mr. Weatherbee or Miss Grundy, nobody. Ain't realistic. I mean, I like Archie, but I like the Turtles (or more correctly PETE's) way of doing things better.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.