The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Anyone who owns TMNT comic art?

Yesterday I was looking around on eBay and found a page from Tales of TMNT, v1, #2 (page 5, the one just before Nobody's first appearance). It won't arrive for most likely a couple of weeks, so I don't have any pictures by my own, but I copied this from the auction page:



So I'm interested; anyone else here who has some TMNT pages?
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Wow... sweet find!

I have a page that Michael Zulli did for the trilogy that occured in Mirage Vol.1, when they were letting the guest artists have a go at some issues. I'm currently at work now, and I forgot exactly what page and issue it was.

Maybe later I will update with that info.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Hey, great find there!. I saw it on Ebay but didnt bid because of my money situation.. the holidays put me back a little...I was wondering what issue it was from though.
I do however own some tmnt art...
TMNT adventures cover with them all in space suits (forget the #)
two city at war pages.. one is of splinter full page from #55
a few tmnt adventures pages from the future turtles stories
two pages from tmnt/creed.. i bought these from trent kaniuga and while i was looking through his pages, he had the original cover of tmnt/creed by peter laird.. I wanted to buy it but he said it was put in there by accident.
fugitoid origin page from tmnt #5
tmnt adventures chameleon page from a later adventures comic
tmnt wrestling page from adventures #12?.

collecting art is fun. tmnt art isn't THAT expensive , but it is fun to find cool pages at shows or ebay. i have a couple of other pages but my tmnt ones are my favorite ones.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Uh-oh, my interest in comic art has expanded. After looking through some sites by agents representing several artists I'm worrying about my poor wallet... I discovered some TMNT-related pages on Kevin Eastmans site, gonna take a closer look to see if there's anything specific there that I just must have.
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Yeah, I think Kevin is selling all his original TMNT artwork for a million dollars..
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
I would love to get into TMNT art, but right now I use all my turtle money on toys and comics. One of these days, though, I plan on looking more seriously into it. Sweet find though...that page looks awesome.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #7
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
That is an incredible find
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #8
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Got it today and it's sweeeet!

But comparing various small details in the background between the artwork and the printed comic makes you notice that the reproducation isn't the best...
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #9
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
sweet dude... yeah sometimes minor details get lost at the printing press. Maybe today's comics don't have that problem..
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:03 AM   #10
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Got it re-framed yesterday, and I noticed for the first time that far out on the edge (previously covered up) was the signatures of Eastman, Lavigne and Laird (with the year 1988 )! Well sure, artwise, neither Eastman nor Laird has done anything, and the only lettered thing is a small sign and no balloons of any kind, but I don't really care

Tried to take a picture of my own with my brothers camera, but it didn't quite work This was the best attempt:

Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.