The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Subscription to TMNT

Anyone know how I would go about getting a subscription to the TMNT comic. I would really like to get it, and none of the comice shops here, if there are in fact any, carry it. Thanks for your help.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I'm not sure if you can get a subscription to TMNT, since it's a bi-monthly comic. Still, you can try midtown comics or mycomicshop and see if they carry TMNT as a part of their subscription services.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
If only Mirage did subscriptions, eh?? Thanks Azure.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
No problem! Yeah, I'd sign up quickly if Mirage offered subscriptions for Tales and Volume 4. I think they used to to do it during the volume 1 days, but the idea was never brought up again. Probably too much of a hassle.

BTW, I checked Midtown, and it seems like they do offer TMNT subscriptions. The problem? You have to pay for shipping each month, which is way too expensive for only one or two comics.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #5
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
My local comic book store holds subscriptions for customers. What is done is they hand out a list of titles they sell, and the list gets filled out by a customer. Then said customer checks back into the store a month later and picks up whatever book(s) he/she has subscribed to.

TMNT is on my list, among other titles.

Unfortunately, they don't carry Tales of the TMNT.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
thing is i don't even think there is a local "comic shop" presay. I go to hastings for my Marvel fix....I'm reading 3 x titles and 2 spidey titles....and they don't carry much more than Marvel, DC and a few scattered Image and archie of all things...My comic carries Tales, but I'm looking for Vol. 4.... maybe i should subscribe to both...
PS Look at this....
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cinemanga Vol 1 Its A Shell Of A Town
Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello are back in an all-new Cine-Manga based on the new hit show on FOX! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles get a surprise visit from mysterious robots that destroy the turtles’ lair and separate them from master Splinter. While things aren’t looking up for team green, Michelangelo decides to become a superhero on his own — and gets himself into a heap of trouble! Cowabunga!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 01-07-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Yeah, that's the new cinemanga series being done by Tokyopop. They use screenshots from the show and re-tell the events in comic book format. I don't know if it's any good, however...
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
hazlov2004
Mad Scientist
 
hazlov2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Conyers GA
Posts: 1,272
well i have already signed up to two comic book store`s and i`ll have a look-see
__________________
Im a silly and random person
hazlov2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
thye dont do subs...and it sucks cause it'd be so much easier than hunting it down

milehighcomics does subs but there's minimum of 5 titles and there's only 3 i like, TMNT, Tales & Usagi

so that sucks too
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
You can order the new Mirage books and some old ones off there website... well via snail mail any way. It took about 5-6 weeks for my order to be shipped to Canada, but its probably faster in the US.

I now go to my local comic shop almost on a weekly basis I mainly get some of the Spider-man books, Amazing, Ultimate, Marvel Knights along with some other books that Marvel has put out, mainly just Spidey books other then Venom VS Carnage and Powerless not much else. But I look forward to the TMNT books a lot more then the Spider-man books; I still enjoy them but I love reading the Turtles.

I won a huge auction on Ebay $15 USD I cant wait to get it theres a bunch of books that I have not been able to get that will be in there.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #11
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Check the books section in your phone book you might be surprised and find another comic shop in you town...
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #12
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
My local comic book store holds subscriptions for customers. What is done is they hand out a list of titles they sell, and the list gets filled out by a customer. Then said customer checks back into the store a month later and picks up whatever book(s) he/she has subscribed to.

TMNT is on my list, among other titles.

Unfortunately, they don't carry Tales of the TMNT.
My comic shop does the same thing. And to top it off, to promote setting up subsrciptions, they actually give you a 10% discount for every book you buy thats in your folder! So not only am I guaranteed to find both TMNT books in my folder, but I get them on sale, plus a free bag/board...it's a great shop...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.