The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Batman: the Man Who Laughs

Anybody else pick it up? I just came out today. It's a graphic novel about the size of the Killing Joke and works as a sequel to Year One (picking up where Year One left off; the Joker trying to poison Gotham's water supply), recounting Batman's first encounter with the Joker.

From what I had heard, I thought it was going to give a completely new origin for the Joker. But to my surprise, it didn't. It compliments the Killing Joke superbly.

The art's really good and the whole thing reads like Year One. There's a narative for Gordon and one for Batman and the story goes back and forth between the two. The Joker, himself, is more brutal and monster-like. They treat him like he stepped out of a horror film.

The whole story also plays off of how Batman's really new to the vigilante-thing and makes a lot of mistakes. It's a good read.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
I heard about this, I might pick it up, sounds interesting.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.