The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Tales of the TMNT 8 and 9

Hey guys! I have just been told by a very reliable source that Tales of the TMNT vol 2 issues 8 and 9 will both be in stores tomarrow (wednesday). My source has no clue as to why they're being released so darned late but at least they'll be out!

Here is the cover art for Issue 9:


Yes it's a Michelangelo and Klunk story.... yes it means I'll have more pics of Klunk....
__________________

Last edited by Raph's Girl; 03-29-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
Tigershard
Hench Mutant
 
Tigershard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 469
Did anybody else notice that the price on that comic is $3.25?
Tigershard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I havent beeen able to even find# 7 ...and whats up with the price???
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
its prolly got a few extra pages than normal, thats prolly why its 3.25
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershard
Did anybody else notice that the price on that comic is $3.25?
Wow...good eye there...i hope this doesnt start a trend...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Crap I have NO cash at all! Damn it >_< I hope they stay on the shelf for another week or two
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #7
Triceraton
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 246
Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot to check Diamond's shipping list this week.

According to the list: http://www.diamondcomics.com/shippin...ing_033005.txt

only #8 is out this week:
Quote:
DEC042721 TALES OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #8 $3.25
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if #9 was out a week early in some areas too(I'm assuming #9 will be "officially" shipping next week).

Unfortunately it looks like the price is up to $3.25 now. It's not a huge price jump, but any increase is bad.


Quote:
Yes it's a Michelangelo and Klunk story.... yes it means I'll have more pics of Klunk....
I'm looking forward to this one, but at the same time I'm not... I'm pretty sure I've read in this issue Klunk gets pretty badly hurt, and he might even die in this one.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
It's about damn time those issues come out! I've been waiting like forever. TMNT #20 hasn't even shown up yet where I live either (although I might've missed it when I dropped it from my holding list at the comic book store).
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #9
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Read #8 today and posted about it in the appropriate thread. No #9 yet, but I didn't expect two issues to be out in the same day. Looking forward to it, though.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
I got both 8 and 9 today. They do seem a bit thicker than normal. Lemme go count pages...


8 is 40 pages
9 is 40 pages too

Issue 9 has a GREAT thing on the second page. I wish they were making it.



I haven't actually read the issues yet but I will tomorrow.

And my comic shop was out of Ultimate Secret!!!
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
God, that looks awesome. I wish Playmates would take the hint...
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I cant find #9 all the comic stores I called said it hasnt shipped yet. And I only found one copy of #8 <_< Im also looking for the Castlevania comic for my friend but I think I finially tracked that down
#8 was a great issue BTW dispite the fact I had no clue why LH was so mad at Don since I never read #45 of Volume 1. I assume that's the one aboutt he hunter and I guess Don messed with his transmat? Ill just read the summary on the offcial site

EDIT: Okay so he blames Don because DOn is the one trying to operate it haha smooth
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/

Last edited by Spitfire; 04-01-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:11 AM   #13
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea when I picked up #8 there was no #9...so i guess in some places they shipped together and in others not??

That figure looks sweet!!!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.