The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
PBBZ ComicCon-- exclusive remastered prints of Vol.1

See for yourselves:

Here
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
I wonder if this is any indication that a collected volume for the first few Mirage issues will be released in the near future... *fingers crossed*

Definitely interesting news. Too bad that comic con is nowhere near my area.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Pretty cool, if the price doesn't go to high, I'd definetly want to get one.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
He said he was trying to "remaster" all of volume 1. Perhaps he's doing that so they can look their best in a TPB or something?

Let's hope so.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah, Laird has said he is hoping to do a TPB of the canon stories, and completely replace issue #8 in the process. My dream would be a hard cover collection of all vol. 1 canon issues, Tales and one shots.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
What's the point when you already have all of volume 1?
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well most of my issues are Mint or near condition, so I don't want to wear them out... Seriously though, I've always liked all sorts of collections, especially hard covers.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
Well, my TMNT comics are near-mint, too. But that doesn't stop me from reading them.

Oh, well...to each their own...
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
No it does not stop me from readin the comics, but certainly limits it. And most of the time when I want to read issues 1-10, I just read the First publishing color reprints, saves a lot of time and trouble since I don't have to get each issue out of the plastic and put it back again after reading. Also when the stories continue from issue to issue, it is much nicer to have them under same cover.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
The only collected book I have is "Return to New York"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I just read the First publishing color reprints
You have those too? I do also but I like the black & white comics better. They're more detailed
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I've been trying to get the Return to New York collected, but haven't been succesfull yet. Yeah, I like the B&W versions more too, but what can I say, I'm lazy. One thing they do have over the regular issues is better quality paper. One more reason why I'd like to get a collection of some sort. I think there was a limited hard cover collection of the first 10 issues, but it's probably impossible to get that now.

One more reason to try to get that new print of issue #1 is to see how the remastering looks.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #12
cormano
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: williamsport, pa
Posts: 225
I only have scattered issues from vol. 1, most of them later in the series. I'd love to get collected versions of the whole series. i was lucky enough to find #8, though i was sure to get that since they're supposedly redoing the issue. anyway, i'll definatley check anything they make available out.
__________________
cormano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #13
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I only got four of the volume one comics. That'd be great if they were reprinted for a cheap price. I was lucky to find TMNT #8 and Turtle Soup #1(collected book) at my local comic book store. The other two comics I got off myteefinestuff. What if the comics were done by people like Rick Veitch? Would they repint the guest artists/writers comic book? Could that really happen?
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #14
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
My guess is, that if they will do reprints, it will be canon issues only. But you never know.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #15
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
i've got from #4-62, so that reprint would be a nice addition for me....but if you notice, that reprint, is pretty limited, and who knows, almost all of em might get gone at that convention.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #16
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah, but a day after the convention they will be popping up in ebay.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #17
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Read this NOW!

((sorry if you already mentioned the con... I'm just WAY TOO EXCITED ATM! ))
Dudes, have I got NEWS for you!


Ok, as soon as I saw this, I was losing my mind, Jester can testify to it.

http://www.planetracers.com/blast/prblast0089.html

"front cover of special PBBZ Limited Edition reprint of TMNT Volume 1, #1
I guess that, technically, this is not completely a "Blast From The Past", but there is enough of the past -- mixed with the present -- to qualify for inclusion here, I think. What you see below is the front cover to a special limited edition (3000 copies) of the first issue of TMNT which will be available for the first time at the Portsmouth, NH comic con on May 22 of this year (go to http://www.paperbackbazaar.com/convention/index.shtml for more information). What is new about this reprint is that I have retoned and relettered it, as part of a long-term effort to "remaster" all of the old issues of TMNT. There is also an essay by Ralph DiBernardo, who -- 21 years ago -- produced the Portsmouth Minicon at which Kevin and I premiered the first issue of the TMNT."




Yes, after years of wishing, it is FINALLY happening! They're coming BACK to the hometowns of the Ninja Turtles! I'm gonna try to get some of these limited edition things, and maybe talk to Peter! *dies happily*

Ok, I should probly slow down my spaz attack and explain why I'm going nuts.

This con is being hosted by the Paperback Bazaar, where I get MY comics. the Paperback Bazaar is where Peter and Kevin FIRST published the TMNT, and thats still a special spot to Peter.
Basically, my hometown IS the hometown of the TMNT. E&L worked on the creations of the turtles and the publishing of them in Dover, NH Portsmouth, NH and Somersworth. People Still talk about the TMNT back home, and I'm hoping myself to get into a small business of my own with an original character.

SO.... I'm gonna be THE most mature fanwoman he's ever met, and hopefully be able to talk business with him. ... and maybe get a few photos and signatures...

*goes to make 14Kth post!*
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Well Im to lazy to track down Volume 1 so this is great news for me. Plus Im glad it's getting an art update right? And it's being remastered all that/ Cant wait
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #19
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Surely there is no better place to live in next month! Good luck with meeting the Creator himself!
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #20
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Machi, you lucky dino lady!

Personally, I'd love to get a collected volume of the first few Mirage issues. I have most of them (various printings) except for six. I definitely wouldn't mind having all of them under one cover. Much more convenient.

Ah, and welcome back, Karpo!!
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.