The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier
 
Silent FOx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 212
My TMNT Collection Begins

On Weapon-X's suggestion I have begun collecting the TMNT comics before they get too expensive. I always loved comics, but never checked out tmnt. I started at square one...
__________________

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:15 AM   #2
Weapon X
Turtle Power!
 
Weapon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,744
Wow, #1-11, Tales of the TMNT #1, Donatello Micro series #1, and Leonardo Micro series #1. Good lot to start with.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:27 AM   #3
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier
 
Silent FOx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 212
I'm tempted to read the first issue on the site, but am going to try and hold out until the actual issue arrives. It is supposed to ship today
__________________

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea, pretty sweet find.... though i do remember not so long ago when comic lots like that would go for much, much cheaper...but yea, now's the time cuz value wise, they seem to be getting, more and more expensive...

Anyways congrats on starting your collection!!! It shoulld be lots of fun!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #5
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
That's pretty good find. Great comics for startin' to start your collection. I figure that luck struck me the day I started my collection. I asked this guy that worked at Space Cat Comics if they had any old Ninja Turtles comic books and he said they did. He showed me to the back issue area and pulled out TMNT #8 vol 1. He told that it was an Eastman and Laird orginal. Then he told me to look under Turtles. I found Turtle Soup #1 (1987). The clerk showed me the Artobiography while I payed for the comics. I didn't have enough money to pay for the Artobiography so I decided to keep it under the radar. I got the Artobiography with my birthday money I got this past April. That was a great day when I bought those comics. Ah...those fond memories.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea, every once in a while you can stumble on some pretty great finds...at a comic convention recently (last Feb) i went around this massive convention center for a couple of hours and could only like 2 or 3 books...then at the very end, literally on the way out, i find a booth that somehow I had missed the entire day. I saw they had some TMNT books and sure enough I found 41 comic books that I didnt have, each at $1, including some rare ones like Turtlemania. Now that was a great day for me!!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #7
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier
 
Silent FOx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 212
They got here today, already on #2, great stories. I can't believe I shunned the comics for so long.
__________________

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #8
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Nice to hear...glad you're enjoying them...and luckily, there are many more to go!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I got vol 1 #1 along with two Archie ones in the mail a couple weeks ago. I would just look for websites that sell comic books so you have other resources besides eBay. Mycomicshop is a great place for vintage and new TMNT comics. They have lotsa options. I recently saw the Return to New York comics on eBay. Silent FOx, you should consider biddin' on 'em if there still up for auction.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #10
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier
 
Silent FOx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14
They have lotsa options. I recently saw the Return to New York comics on eBay. Silent FOx, you should consider biddin' on 'em if there still up for auction.
I'll look for them now, thanks for the tip
__________________

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14
I got vol 1 #1 along with two Archie ones in the mail a couple weeks ago. I would just look for websites that sell comic books so you have other resources besides eBay. Mycomicshop is a great place for vintage and new TMNT comics. They have lotsa options. I recently saw the Return to New York comics on eBay. Silent FOx, you should consider biddin' on 'em if there still up for auction.
Yea, I have gotten quite a few comics from mycomicshop...no problems with them so far...there are quite a few options when it comes to picking up the comics (not quite so many when it comes to the toys...)
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.