The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
What as with the Image TMNT?

I just don't get them. Its like they put the Guys in a meat grinder for some sick reason. Can some one explane why the guys were pertrate the way they were?
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I don't know, and I don't like it. But it doesn't matter it isn't the true universe anyway. In volume 4 none of those things have happened.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #3
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
yea they completely ignore the image series, i think they should do another tales series to fill in that gap
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #4
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I heard they might do a new Tales of TMNT series to tell what happened between volume 2 and 4.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #5
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
they should
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:08 PM   #6
heretic888
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,344
hmmm

Peter Laird said he is considering doing another....
__________________
"Ninpo began as training to become a moral people and to learn to endure in whatever social condition one is in; to know and accept one's fate, and to live for human beings and all other creatures. The person who masters all of these is a Ninja." (Masaaki Hatsumi)
heretic888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:09 PM   #7
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
do they have a big enought staff to do it?????
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:12 PM   #8
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
They would need another penciller atleast. I wonder if Dooney is doing anything at the moment...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #9
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Re: What as with the Image TMNT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfox
I just don't get them. Its like they put the Guys in a meat grinder for some sick reason. Can some one explane why the guys were pertrate the way they were?
Because they're IMAGE!!! They didn't give any reason at all for what they did. There were no reason and no point. It's not so much what they did, but how they dealt with it. I mean, Don almost dies, Raph gets his face blown off, Splinter gets turned into a bat, and Leo gets his hand bitten off, and none of them bat an eye! And all in 23 issues.

As for the Tale of TMNT stories, I'm sure that they'll do some recruiting for new artists if they want to do that. They could probably get a number of guest artist to do one-shots.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:25 PM   #10
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah but it would be nice to see one ofthe original guys do it. Of course if they get new artists who can draw, it's good too.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:19 PM   #11
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
i wonder if ac farley would do a new series
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:27 PM   #12
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Hell, if I could do it I would. I wonder if they'd accept fan-submissions from non-professionals. I've got this great story, if only I did the skills to draw it up well enough to get accepted.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:29 PM   #13
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
that would be cool if i could do it but im a crappy artist
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:29 PM   #14
BigThew
Stone Warrior
 
BigThew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 574
shoot i would do one too!

but i can't compare to how Larsen Drew the turtles..
BigThew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:32 PM   #15
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I don't like the Image style... It's good that it's no part of official universe.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:34 PM   #16
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
im glad the image series didnt last long although i still see the back issue of it at my comic shop
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:40 PM   #17
Zenrick
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 268
I will be posting new Ninja Turtle images on my web site soon, I am designing new uniforms and better ways to draw them for personal pleasure. Maybe Kali can submit her stories with my drawings?
__________________
DRR DRR DRR DRR (a retard asking for a coke)
Zenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:30 PM   #18
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
I would love dan berger to do it. I asked him why he isn't drawing anything and said maybe u should make a few 1shots or a crossover and he just smiled
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #19
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Daaaaaaayton O hi O
Posts: 680
i dont get it?
__________________
www.wheeljack.com
BEETCH GO THERE!!!!
MzTheInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:00 PM   #20
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
It was a compliment, why shouldn't he smile? Dan's mysterious that way.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.