The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Tales of the TMNT 16

The official site has previews of Tales 16 and TMNT Vol 4 issue 25. Tales 16 is out NOW!

Here's the plot of Tales 16
Donatello visits the Utroms and pilots one of their spacecraft into uncharted space - where he and the Fugitoid encounter an unknown alien species.


[mod edit by Machi: Pinned it for ya. ]
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
userpjx
Thug
 
userpjx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 51
This issue was good, but for once I found it inferior to the volume 4 issue that came out this month. Although it was a nice twist to see the utroms being the agressors. The ending was kind of stereotypical, though.
userpjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I would like to say however... even though I haven't gotten my copies yet... that I think this is one of the best covers on any of the Tales series covers. I really liked the toning and the color used. It's really amazing.

On that note, thank god for subscriptions! (No, not through the mail.) My comic store has allowed me to subscribe to the comics. Basically, they order these two specifically for me. If any of you are worried about not getting issues, I would seriously advise asking a comic store you're a regular at to specifically order them. It was the best decision I made so that I could get EVERY TMNT comic.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
It was a good story, I just thought Donatello was written (and sometimes drawn) out of character. He acts very reckless and throws insults and one-liners all over the place. And the constant sneering and yelling didn't seem to fit his dialogue at all.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
I thought maybe it was just teenage Donny, but he makes comments about things that happened in 2005 so that means he should be the same age as regular book Donny. (That and he's hanging out with utroms so you know it's middle aged Don.)

I thought this issue had too many continuity errors, if not for the whole TMNT comicverse (not that big) then at least for just the tales book. That and as the above poster pointed out Donny acts pretty weird throughout the book makes it one of the lesser tales issues. I still kinda liked it though, it was different, and the art was fresh.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
An interesting issue. I just have to say for Donatello.

Cut it out Don! Stop immitating Michelangelo's Capt. Kirk wannabe antics! It just aint you!

And "These are the voyages of the Starship Donatello"??? Ego much?
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.