The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
If the TMNT Ever Ended...

I know that laird has said something of maybe not having a conclusion to TMNT, but if their was one, how would you like the TMNT saga to end?

I think I would to see the turtles get turned back into ordinary turtlesand live out their in a pond some where? You know a nice peaceful ending for the TMNT.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I want one of them to die a horrible tragic death. In fact I want one of them to totally lose it and in his rage he kills one of his brothers by mistake. That or some enemy kills one of them and then the other 3 go nuts and kill the enemy. Afterwards they choose a life away from violence and go live peacefully in the moutains or with the Uthroms.

That's just me, I like messed up endings...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
MyNameSlash
Random Punk
 
MyNameSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20
To follow up on Spitfire's message... Raphael will end up snapping, ending with the gruesome death of Leonardo. Raph leaves the American sewers and lives in the sewers of France. Michelangelo has a family with that Triceradon/Dino lady (haven't really followed that story completely yet). And Donatello whips up a computer that blows Microsoft out of the water, leaving Bill Gates penniless. ... That's pretty much it for now.
__________________
The mask that you wore
My fingers would explore
Costume of control
Excitement soon unfolds
MyNameSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ugh. If any of them got killed by one of their own, I would be seriously pissed.

If any of them had to die, I would like it to be a self-sacrifice act in the heat of battle.
That or death of old age.

I would actually like to see them split up (under good terms) for a great period of time. They can each do their own thing (reserection of the micro series), and eventually join up again to face one final threat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #5
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
I would actually like to see them split up (under good terms) for a great period of time. They can each do their own thing (reserection of the micro series), and eventually join up again to face one final threat.
Haven't they sepreted and gone off on their own to then just meet up again to battle some new threat, already? Wasn't that done at in Volume two of the series, and aren't they currently seperated in the current volume?

If the series where to end I would want it to be unique. Maybe they should all die at the end and meet up with Splinter or something.

But I don't want it to end where only one of them live and the others die leaving that one turtle all alone. Because that would just stink

its ethier they all die or they all live (together or sepretly) or they turn back into ordinary turtles again and live out the rest of their exsistance as in peace. Maybe as ordinary pond turtles they can all find female turtles and have a few eggs together.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 AM   #6
Blondus
Thug
 
Blondus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deep down beyond Devil Reef
Posts: 98
I agree with Ryona.

I would like to see them in their own environments, that go more or less with their personality. I can picture Leo going to east asia somewhere. Raph going to central/east europe, or perhaps south america. Mikey would probably stay in some city in the states. And Don.. perhaps london.. I'm actually not so sure about Don.

Leading a smaller league, with some local characters.

With so much time with themselves they would develop stronger personalities, and then perhaps uniting, stronger than ever, saving the worl from destruction. Yet again.

Although i don't like it much, it would be a good ending that the reason for splitting up would be the death of master Splinter.
__________________
Stupendous and unheard-of splendors await me below,
and I shall seek them soon.
Ia-R'lyehl Cihuiha flgagnl id Ia!
No, I shall not shoot myself - I cannot be made to shoot myself!

Blondus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #7
Seurat
Foot Soldier
 
Seurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 143
...

Okay, here's my two big endings:

-Ending #1 - Not likely, but a nice thought:

One of those happily ever after deals, perhaps with each turtle on his own, but in an environment that makes them happy, and unfeared by the public who now knows about them. Maybe Don would be some big-shot scientist working at NASA or Mike would own his own pizza parlor/surf shop or something along those lines.

-Ending #2 - Slightly more likely, and still somewhat satisfying

After some epic battle that saves the world and notifies the planet's populace of the Turtles' heroism, the Turtles retreat to the sewers, to live life peacefully as they once did before Shredder came into their lives waaaaaaaaay long ago. The public is unaware that the Turtles live in the sewer, but they can rest easy that should the world be in peril again, there are four heroes in a half-shell that they can always count on.
__________________
Don: The perimeter's quiet.
Leo: Yeah, a little too quiet.

Don: Well that was easy.
Leo: Yeah, a little too easy.

Don: Look! It's Raph!
Mike: Yeah, a little too Raph!


Seurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #8
Jo269976
Stone Warrior
 
Jo269976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 592
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seurat
Okay, here's my two big endings:
-Ending #2 - Slightly more likely, and still somewhat satisfying

After some epic battle that saves the world and notifies the planet's populace of the Turtles' heroism, the Turtles retreat to the sewers, to live life peacefully as they once did before Shredder came into their lives waaaaaaaaay long ago. The public is unaware that the Turtles live in the sewer, but they can rest easy that should the world be in peril again, there are four heroes in a half-shell that they can always count on.
Thats the kind of ending it should have, the world knows they're there but not excatly where they are
__________________
Jo269976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #9
Benito
Thug
 
Benito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: a city that could be a sewer?, UK
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
I know that laird has said something of maybe not having a conclusion to TMNT, but if their was one, how would you like the TMNT saga to end?

I think I would to see the turtles get turned back into ordinary turtlesand live out their in a pond some where? You know a nice peaceful ending for the TMNT.
turn them back into pond scum how would they crack jokes

I'd like to see them go to a peaceful alien world we're all species live in harmony

It could also create a new beginiing If there was a big Fan demand for more
__________________


Benito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
they turn back into ordinary turtles again and live out the rest of their exsistance as in peace. Maybe as ordinary pond turtles they can all find female turtles and have a few eggs together.
I very much don't like the tought of them devolving back into ordinary turltes. To me, that's a much more cruel fait than getting killed off.

I like Benito's idea of them moving to a planet with a diverse people of humanoid aliens. I can really see them enjoying themselves in a place where they can live normal lives.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #11
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I think Ryona is right I would like to know they are happy living somewhere that they can live peacefully , walk on the streets without being called freaks and maybe working on the stuff each one of them is good at, they deserve it after living on those sewers for a long time and saving people without receiving anything in return
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:46 PM   #12
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryona
I very much don't like the tought of them devolving back into ordinary turltes. To me, that's a much more cruel fait than getting killed off.

I like Benito's idea of them moving to a planet with a diverse people of humanoid aliens. I can really see them enjoying themselves in a place where they can live normal lives.
I don't think it would be a cruel fate, after all the turtles have been through wouldn't it be nice for them to have a peacful ending? Oh well I guess i'm in the minority in the returning to normal turtles ending.

Although I like the every one becomes aware of the turtles but don't know exactly where they are ending. Although it seems more like an ending for the classic cartoon. The one it should have had.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
I like the idea of the turtles going somewhere (probably in space) where they belonged and feel at ease. Maybe have a regular life.
But personally I'd love to add a little touch to that. I'd have Raph perform the ultimate selfless act.
Maybe one of them has to launch it from the outside. When the others are arguing whether to all stay or whatever, Raph sneaks out and launches the shuttle. I could imagine the others' horrified faces, especially Mikey. Raph would/could actually smile and say good luck.
I guess the reason I'm thinking of this is because I think it'd be cool if the one turtle (my fave, which more than likely has something to do with it) who is deemed selfish would do the ultimate act. The one who definately hates being an outsider would willingly make himself the ultimate outsider (the only turtle/mutant on Earth) for the sake of his family's happiness elsewhere.
Besides, if it was wished to continue you could either have a Raphael-alone series plus the other turtles at their new home, or a series where the other turtles eventually come back to search for their brother.
Or maybe that's just me and me alone who likes that?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #14
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja
I don't think it would be a cruel fate, after all the turtles have been through wouldn't it be nice for them to have a peacful ending? Oh well I guess i'm in the minority in the returning to normal turtles ending.

I agree with the fact that it would be cruel to return them to their original animals. It would seem like a good idea in theory, but after all that they've experienced, all the new feelings that they've had... would be forgotten as their brains reverted to a "simplier, instictistic" brain... And teh worst part, they would be aware of their demise.

Reminds me too much of thh book "Flowers for Algernon." A mentally retarded man is given an operation to increase his brainpower, but it is only temporary, and he is forced to watch his own demise. It was truly saddening when at the end, the guy, who's a mentallly retarded again, asserts in his diary, "I WILL WORK HARD TO BECOME SMART AGAIN!" because he remembers that he used to be.

Last edited by IceFlash78; 11-23-2005 at 05:25 PM.
IceFlash78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM   #15
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Wouldn't it be crazy if at the end the whole TMNT universe turns out to be a comic or story written by Chet(the TMNT's original owner). And we see that Chet is like 25 writting the comic with the baby TMNT still in their glass jar, having never been mutated.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #16
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFlash78
I agree with the fact that it would be cruel to return them to their original animals. It would seem like a good idea in theory, but after all that they've experiences, all the new feelings that they've had... would be forgotten as their brains reverted to a "simplier, instictistic" brain... And teh worst part, they would be aware of their demise.

Reminds me too much of teh book "Flowers for Algernon." A mentally retarded man is given an operation to increase his brainpower, but it is only temporary, and he is forced to watch his own demise. It was truly saddening when at the end, the guy, who's a mentallly retarded again, asserts in his diary, I WILL WORK HARD TO BECOME SMART AGAIN! because he remembers that he used to be smart.
*nods* Exactly. That's why I don't like the idea of them devolving back to simple turtles. The thought of it is disturbing.

It's like, what if we all of a sudden devolved back to monkeys. It would be pretty sad indeed.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Wouldn't it be crazy if at the end the whole TMNT universe turns out to be a comic or story written by Chet(the TMNT's original owner). And we see that Chet is like 25 writting the comic with the baby TMNT still in their glass jar, having never been mutated.
I really like that idea.
The thing is, even if that was the case, we can still imagine how Chet would end the series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
h....but that's been done. Knot's Landing was all the imaginings of a autistic kid as he looked into a snow globe....I think I'd be a bit disapointed if this was all a novel written by the little boy years later. Besides if I was to write a story like that...I'd show up some where...besides being the "Kid who lost the turtles"...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #18
Weapon X
Turtle Power!
 
Weapon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
h....but that's been done. Knot's Landing was all the imaginings of a autistic kid as he looked into a snow globe....
That was "St. Elsewhere", yes I'm an expert on the dumbest ****.

Speaking of Chet and the TMNT, there is a cool three page story in Turtle Soup Book 4 called "Fifteen Years Later", in which a sewer worker is going through the different grids, at the same time the TMNT are coming into the sewer, the man keeps thinking to himself about the awful dreams, and seeing "huge monsters" in them, saying to himself that all this time he should have never left the poor animals for dead. Then he looks down and sees the smashed terrarium, looks up and there are the TMNT standing right in front of him, he screams "Oh, Man! It's you! You are real!". Raph grabs him as Leo tells him to "Save it for the Foot". Three panels show Raphs eyes, Chet, then Raph again saying "Do I know You". Then they run off. As If you didn't already put the pieces together his fellow sewer worker yells through the walkie talkie "Chet!" and asks If he's in the wrong location again, he replies "After all these years I'm finally in the right location."

I just thought I'd share that for anyone who never seen/read it. I think it's really cool, he finally knows that his pets didn't die, and it was just crazy to read Raphs "Do I know you?" line.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 302
yea I like the idea, but it would need to be done well, or I'd consider it to be a lame ploy to force us, the audience, to disattach from the TMNT, and make us realize that for all their coolness, the TMNT "aren't real."

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to have a "real" ending, so that in my mind, years later, I could still imagine that the TMNT were alive somewhere nearby having adventures that only a select few of us could ever dream of.

I was thinking... a while ago, there was a topic about how the cartoon series should end, and somebody posted this issue from Volume 1 that I personally haven't read, but it was about Halls of Vahalla, and on the last page, Splinter tells his sons that after they die, they probably will go there?

Wouldn't it be cool if that idea was revisited, so that maybe the TMNT had to sacrifice their lives to save the world, and the series closes at them at the doors to Vahalla being welcomed by Splinter?

That... would be a tearjerker.
IceFlash78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #20
Weapon X
Turtle Power!
 
Weapon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFlash78
Wouldn't it be cool if that idea was revisited, so that maybe the TMNT had to sacrifice their lives to save the world, and the series closes at them at the doors to Vahalla being welcomed by Splinter?

That... would be a tearjerker.
I'm not a really emotional guy, in the terms that I dont cry...but that would be really emotional to the extent of me at least getting a lump in my throat, I mean If the first TMNT movie does that to me, why the hell not, speaking of that issue, I think I have that one.

Man, there are so many different way's for it to "End", but the guy's sacrificing their lives for the good of the earth or the entire galaxy seems like one of the better ideas. I don't really know about a cop out like the whole comic universe being a story by Chet, but that's just me.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.