The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Red face ToTMNT #19 = New Chris Allan art!!!

Check out the back cover to TMNT#25. WOOOOO!!! The man is back again
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
NICE!!! He was my favorite artist in the Archie series! Anyway, I hope that this is a sign of the Forever War arc coming soon.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
the expected year on that is 2007. at this point, it could be 2018 and id still be happy

oh, whats even cooler is the art thats shown on the back of TMNT#25 is in color, and its the cover of the Tales issue. When was the last time you saw chris allan's TMNT in color?? i know he did an issue of Tales a few months ago, but thats black and white. the cover is in color, so his turtles have all red bandanas! have you EVER seen chris allan's TMNT with red bandanas? haha. it looks cool!!!!

if anyone wants to see, I can scan it tomorrow.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
the expected year on that is 2007. at this point, it could be 2018 and id still be happy

oh, whats even cooler is the art thats shown on the back of TMNT#25 is in color, and its the cover of the Tales issue. When was the last time you saw chris allan's TMNT in color?? i know he did an issue of Tales a few months ago, but thats black and white. the cover is in color, so his turtles have all red bandanas! have you EVER seen chris allan's TMNT with red bandanas? haha. it looks cool!!!!

if anyone wants to see, I can scan it tomorrow.
yes please do since I don't have any money for the issue right now
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:05 AM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
omg thats awsome that so seriously takes me back to being a teen and collecting all the tmnt comics both mirage and archie....
I have to say though his work is not as striking as it is in color...I really wish this comic was in color.
thanks so much for posting this!
-Putrescent
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #7
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
its beautiful, huh? LOL
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
That cover looks great. I like how it's Archie-influenced and the description is nice. I have yet to pick up issue 18 which I'll get on Friday. I'm glad Chris Allan has returned for Tales cuz that's the closest thing we'll get to The Forever War until 2007. Tthis issue looks like it'll be good which means I can hardly wait for it.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
As an Archie fan I love it yet I must gripe a little. They look a little weird with out pupils. don't they?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #10
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Maybe a little cause they draw the eyes bigger than the new toon design but anyways Its a really cool cover, hopefully a really good story too
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #11
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
yea. but look back to the other issue of tales he did...issue 8 or 9 or something. the interior art didnt feature pupils on the turtles either. but i do agree, its different.

oh...this just in from Steve Murphy - Chris has already started pencilling art for an issue of Tales written by Dean Clarrain (the writer for the Archie series that chris did the art for) and that issue will come out in the late 20's of the comic. somwhere between issue 25 and 30 i think. thats what mr. murphy told me, anyway. and, they were surprised to get a quick script from Dean (who lives in alaska) so they hope that means he's flexing his writing muscles for the eventual forever war.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
TuRtLeTiTaN
Foot Soldier
 
TuRtLeTiTaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 138
i havent been up on the tmnt comics except for the dreamwave series but that makes me waana go out and get the comics now and i just might
__________________

www.myspace.com/turtletitan
TuRtLeTiTaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #13
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,277
Do it you must.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #14
BartAllen
Banned
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 922
it comes out tomorrow guys.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen
it comes out tomorrow guys.
yea but good luck finding the damn thing if you live in los angeles grr...I'm so far behind on the books...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #16
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers
Omigoodness! I am GETTING this even if I have to back-order it somewhere! Chris is my absolute FAVE TMNT artist outside Kevin and Peter! (Profuse apologies to A.C. Farley and Michael Dooney, whose TMNT art that I ALSO love; they're masters both!) Makes me wish that Pete would ditch Jim Lawson as the current artist of the current comic series and hire Chris instead...but he probably wouldn't. Ah, well, a gal can DREAM, can't she.........?!

Anyway, peace.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
CrippledNitemare
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
Posts: 51
Forever War is pushed back to 2007 now? That's disappointing. I was told originally 2005 (and I was the first one told online, I broke the news to this site) and it's now pushed back to 2007?

Hmmmm... at least we've got two Chris Allan issues between now and then.

I was wondering what was off about the art, it was the pupils. Other than that, it's classic.
__________________

Coming from Mirage 2006?... 2007?
Ah well... it'll be here when it gets here.
CrippledNitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.