The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
Raphael Mirage style

This is my third Mirage style drawing and I finished it about two hours ago. I got the drawing from the fourth pin-up of Turtle Soup #1 (1987) and the original artist is Jim Lawson. I drew it, shaded it, and put pen over it. I'm glad this was a quickie piece as opposed to that Leonardo one I did.



Lemme know what y'all think. I didn't post for no one to reply. You guys can look at it on my deviantART gallery, but for those of you who don't have a deviantART account then just comment the drawing here cuz they're welcome and encouraged.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?

Last edited by cowabunga14; 03-12-2006 at 04:24 PM.
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Awesome!!!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
One question: did you trace this? Or did you just have the picture in front of you?

Your forms are strong and distinct. Raph definitely has a sense of weight, which is good.

One thing that looks off to me is the length of the right and left legs. The right thigh is much longer than the left thigh (even though it is farther away); likewise the right calf is very, very short. One, the body is twisted, yet the right hip doesn't seem connected to where it should be. We shouldn't be seeing so much of that thigh, since it would be obscured by the left thigh. Combine that with the unusual placement of the right knee -- logically, if Raphael's right leg is bent, the knee in most cases, should be higher off the ground than an unbent knee.

Other than that... coolio. Hope to see some original work from you.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
Jo269976
Stone Warrior
 
Jo269976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 592
I like it... Step up lol couldn't resist!
__________________
Jo269976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus
One question: did you trace this? Or did you just have the picture in front of you?

Your forms are strong and distinct. Raph definitely has a sense of weight, which is good.

One thing that looks off to me is the length of the right and left legs. The right thigh is much longer than the left thigh (even though it is farther away); likewise the right calf is very, very short. One, the body is twisted, yet the right hip doesn't seem connected to where it should be. We shouldn't be seeing so much of that thigh, since it would be obscured by the left thigh. Combine that with the unusual placement of the right knee -- logically, if Raphael's right leg is bent, the knee in most cases, should be higher off the ground than an unbent knee.

Other than that... coolio. Hope to see some original work from you.
Fledermaus, I had the picture to look at, but I had to trace the headband and the logo. Anyways, I know the legs looked kinda funny cuz Lawson's style is somethin' I've only drawn twice. I gotta work on geetin' used to it. I think the reason his calves look weird is cuz they're almost connected and that's how I sorta drew 'em. I just copied it as best I could and it didn't have to be perfect. I'm glad you noticed these things in case I ever draw somethin' like this again. Thanks for the compliments, y'all.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:30 AM   #6
Leonardo_
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 813
I like it. Would like to see more of your drawings. A Leo or a Don mabe?!
__________________

Leonardo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I drew Leonardo and Donatello both Mirage style in the past. Here's the links: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=14558 and http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/archive/index.php/t-13506.html I didn't know the Donatello one got lost in the archives, but I'm glad I found it. BTW, my next Mirage style drawing will be Michelangelo so be on the look out for that. I just have to look for somethin' to draw it from and find time to do it.
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?

Last edited by cowabunga14; 03-14-2006 at 05:38 PM.
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.