The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of rudolph?
I like Rudolph, he can flip out. 5 100.00%
Rudolph is full of crap. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2002, 08:11 AM   #1
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Rudolph the red nosed asmatic three-legged washing machine

Anyone seen that rudolph the red nosed reindeer movie? (The one that came out in 1998, the cartoon one, not the 60s' one with the dolls and all that crap)
It was an ok movie except for those singing parts, plus it was made by Goodtimes, same company that put tmnt coots in vhs (didnt knew that till i re-watched the beginning)
__________________
Nickokapo is offline  
Old 12-29-2002, 12:25 AM   #2
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Re: Rudolph the red nosed asmatic three-legged washing machi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickokapo
...not the 60s' one with the dolls and all that crap
You're about a nanometer away from stepping over the line, buddy boy.....
Reznorite420 is offline  
Old 12-29-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
Yea, I know...I love all the Christmas shows, but the ones back then were amazing! Watch what you say...
Tokka-B is offline  
Old 12-29-2002, 12:54 AM   #4
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
For once, something Tokka and I can talk peacefully about...

I grew up on the "doll" stuff, so that stuff's kinda special to me.
Reznorite420 is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 12:52 PM   #5
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Re: Rudolph the red nosed asmatic three-legged washing machi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorite420
You're about a nanometer away from stepping over the line, buddy boy.....

Well sorry, buddy b-err...old man not as furry and not as green yet as old as yoda or splinter but i happen to like cell animation more than stop motion one (i think it was stop motion?oh...well y'know, the doll one! )
BTW i didn't posted this to specifically offend you, i'd like you to know, so if you were thinking about starting another flamewar, you can save it to yourself, i had a lot to put up with this year and don't wanna start the next one discussing already. (how'd i know you were a fan of the old one )
Just in case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokka
Watch what you say...
I'm gonna get threatened because i say my opinion now?
I'm not saying the old specials were bad, most of em rocked, i'm just saying i liked the new rudolph one more...way lot more.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 01:08 PM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Re: Rudolph the red nosed asmatic three-legged washing machi

Good God, Nicko...why do you think that every post I make is asking for an argument? You've misinterpreted me once again. If I put a smiley ANYWHERE in my post, that means I'm not being serious...if anything, I wasn't offended at all, just expressing my own opinion.

Personally, I haven't seen the cell animation one yet, so I can't rightly say...

But I grew up with the 60s one, like I said before...
Reznorite420 is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 03:24 PM   #7
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
Yea....I even put a laughing face in mine, sheesh, that's just sad . Just take it easy pal, and you will be fine.

ANYWAY....Sorry, but I just like the old ones a LOT but I also like some of the newer 80's/90's ones...I haven't really watched any new specials, because I just stay with what I grew up on...lets hope they survive for a long time...
Tokka-B is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 09:45 PM   #8
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Well sorry, it's just that i don't know how you'll react to my posts anymore rez, and i wasn't in the mood of a flamewar that i was trying to prevent, and probably would never happen anyways.Guess i overreacted
As for tokka, well you were probably kidding when you said that, not threatening me or anything, i was just exalted, again sorry
Now to get this back on topic...
If you see the cell animation one but grew up with the doll one you'll probably like the 60s one more, same thing happend to me when i saw the tmnt toon, then the comics, the comics were good but since i grew up with the toon it still occupied a bigger place in my heart.
And the plot of the cell animated one isn't all that great btw but i just...really liked it
There was also a sequel in 2001, it was CGI, and according to the opinions that i readed, it wasn't very good
It was called rudolph in the island of the misfit toys i think.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 10:52 PM   #9
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
Except I wasn't really around when they first aired, being only 16.... I just grew up on the re-runs, heh...But I liked other classics that weren't doll ones from around that time too...One of my favorites being Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol!
Tokka-B is offline  
Old 12-31-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Mr.magoo's hilarious I've never seen the christmas special itself but i've seen a lot of eps of the regular series...i've also seen the live action movie, as much as i like leslie nilsen, that movie just...uhhh...i dunno, didn't capture mr.magoo's greatness imo at least i didn't liked it.
I'm not much of a fan of christmas specials but there are 3 that i like, the garfield christmas special, the pacman christmas special (the pacman toon was silly and plotless i know...yet i liked it it was fun, stupid fun but fun.) and the all dogs go to heaven christmas special...tho none of these are so old (i think they're all from the 90s) but if i remember some specials from the 80s i like i'll post again
__________________
Nickokapo is offline  
Old 01-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #11
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
You gotta see Christmas Carol especially if you are a Magoo fan Nicko...I think they even have a dvd version out now, though I don't have it yet...

Hmm, some other's I liked were flinstone's Christmas specials...I think there were 2, Mickey's Christmas Carol, frosty, pooh...etc....I think I am a fanatic....
Tokka-B is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.