The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
New daily TMNT strip!!!

Check it out folks!! There's a brand new TMNT daily strip at gocomics.com!! It's based in the Archie/Original Series universe.

It's starting with their origin (dude...that's harsh...selling turtles for like a buck?!)

http://www.gocomics.com/teenagemutan...es/2006/06/19/

And you can have the issues sent to your email every day!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant
 
Space Lieutenant Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Village of Rock'n Kick-Ass
Posts: 492
This is pretty neat. Who does it? Doesn't look like Peter Laird's artwork.
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too
 
Mecha Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,699
Isn't this just the old Dan Berger one that used to appear on the official site?

Nice to have it back I guess, even though I never really liked it.
__________________
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant
 
Space Lieutenant Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Village of Rock'n Kick-Ass
Posts: 492
That would explain it, then. It doesn't look like Berger's art either, but he hadn't developed the strip into his own style until a long time after it started.
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #5
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ooh! Cool! I'll definetly keep an eye on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
I dunno.. I don't remember the old strip starting out the way this one does...hmm
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Has anyone tried to sign up for the daily strip...because I can't find TMNT in the list....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:49 PM   #8
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Has anyone tried to sign up for the daily strip...because I can't find TMNT in the list....
They probably haven't added it yet... I couldn't find it either...hrm...fraking false advertising...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I signed up for the daily strip today and I think it's pretty cool. Anyone know how many strips this thing'll have?
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
This is actually pretty damn old. When the comic strip started, Ryan Brown was in charge. That looks like his artwork.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"

Last edited by Anarchistguy; 06-22-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #11
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
yep old berger strips...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Aw. Dude, don't get my hopes up like that.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
really nice artwork. It's not really false advertising as it doesn't say anything about it being brand spanking new, but saying it's "by Peter Laird" is misleading.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,678
yep... same ol strip I read waaaay back when I was a kid in the newspapers.... Sorry guys, nothing new here....
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
Duke
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,913
I just found out about this recently and was only able to get the strips they started posting after August 21st. If anyone has the strips from before this date can you please email them to me. I know I may be asking a lot but I would really appreciate it. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
kicknz
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 83
Actually, those are very clearly Jim Lawson pencils and yes, this is the old old strip. When the strip started, it was written by Dean Clarrain and the art was by Ryan Brown. A few months in, Ryan Brown quit the strip and at that point Jim Lawson took over on pencils, with Dan Berger providing inks. This creative team lasted for about a year, and then Dan Berger took over everything - writing and art.
__________________
"All for one and one for all, up and at 'em Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" - Flaming Carrot Comics 25-27, guest-starring the TMNT, 1991
kicknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.