The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
TMNT Vol. 4 on Hold

According to the official site TMNT Vol. 4 will be on hold for 8 months while Laird works on the film.

This is a bummer indeed. The story was really getting good over the last few issues. But I suppose the movie should come first, since if it does well, there will be more comics, shows, and merch in the future.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Noooooooo!!!!


Man, RIGHT AFTER he introduces Oroku Yoshi he goes on that hiatus. Curses.

But I understand the need, so I'm not knocking the guy for putting his focus on the movie, as that just means the end-result will be even better.

Still, what a ****-tease...
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Well, at least it's for the film, and that's understandable.

Although all it says is that the comic will be on hold for 8 months, not that Laird is not going to still write it a little bit each month.

Hell, maybe when #29 comes out, it'll be 40+ pages or something. I hope Laird makes sure the movie is great.

I'm glad to hear we'll still get new Tales every month though. Good news.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
But I understand the need, so I'm not knocking the guy for putting his focus on the movie, as that just means the end-result will be even better.

Still, what a ****-tease...
Agreed and agreed.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea I read it too...hopefully the book will actually return in "8 months" and not be canceled....at least Tales will not be affected so we'll still get books...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Grrrrr.....8 stinkin' months!
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator
Yea I read it too...hopefully the book will actually return in "8 months" and not be canceled....at least Tales will not be affected so we'll still get books...
If the movie does well, it will be back and better than ever. We'll probably even get another TMNT comic out of it. If it doesn't do well....
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #8
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Haha well it gives me 8 months to buy the issues Im missing...
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
SON OF A BITCH!!!!! This blow more donkey balls than a hungarian hooker!

I, like most people, will not knock the fact its on hiatus. This means that all attention forward is on the movie, which is a good thing. However, I do agree that this really sucks and hopefully they'll get their **** together enough to make 29 the start of TMNT's MONTHLY release!
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Well.. at least we still have Tales of the TMNT and Leonardo Blind Sight to look forward to.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:50 PM   #11
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowstoppa
SON OF A BITCH!!!!! This blow more donkey balls than a hungarian hooker!
Good lord, man. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Well.. at least we still have Tales of the TMNT and Leonardo Blind Sight to look forward to.
Not me. My local comic book store carries neither of those -- just TMNT. But, on the bright side, I get to save some cash in the process... Well... just $12 so... I guess I could go to Subway or something.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #12
userpjx
Thug
 
userpjx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 51
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This sucks. maybe we'll get the Forever War by the time the next issue comes out.
userpjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
If you think about it, 8 month hiatus only means we get 4 less issues because of the 2 month break. That's not that much.

And the book will not get "cancelled" because Laird says he'll continue doing it as long as he's still "having fun" with it, regardless of how its selling, (which is poorly) or anything else.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
I dunno, no loss to me. I think I'd rather have them working on the movie than the comic cause it's pretty corny with that story.

ooo i rhymed.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Am I seriously the only one who thinks he this on purpose?
I mean seriously he's got us all with the stories now!
With this Other Shredder.
Mike Training those Triceratons which I get a bad feeling about!
April going off and all those people disappearing then coming back.
Casey dawning the mask again.
The book was just getting good again and he's got us all in the palm of his hand.
Only thing I hope for when the book comes back is that hew drops lawson as the artist I think it's what's killing sales.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #16
TheGreenMagic
Foot Soldier
 
TheGreenMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 161
Hh, just when it was getting truly interesting... Though I am glad the focus is being truly put on the movie. At least Tales is still around... which is all well and good since it was my favorite of the two titles for the most part.
__________________
TheGreenMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
So his long teased "hiatus" comes into effect, but at least it's to help the franchise move closer to the theatres...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #18
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
I just hope thats the true reason...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.