The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
nWoCHRISnWo
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 30
Buying from ninjaturtles.com?

I was just wondering if anyone had experiences from buying comics from the official Ninja Turtles site? I have a few random comics from Volume 4 and the Tales VOlume 2 series (about 10 each), and I wanted to get the rest of the entire collection. It's pretty hard to find the entire collection anywhere else at once, so would there be any reason to not order from their site?

Thanks.
__________________
nWo 4 life
nWoCHRISnWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
There are several threads on this. I've bought there before and they are very good and reliable.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:56 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I've been buying comics off of the official site for years, and I never had a problem.

I ordered every single Volume 1, 2, Image, Archie, Tales, Special, Volume 4, Tales 2 comic on the entire list, (not at the same time obviously, but over a couple of years) and got everything.

In fact, my entire TMNT comic collection is from the official site. They're fantastic, and its the best place to get Volume 4 and Tales from.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
I got a bunch of Volume 4 and Tales 2 for christmas last year. They threw in a issue they just recieved from print and said "hot off the press, enjoy" with a sticky note. It was an added bonus. If you cant find them in comic stores go straight to the source.
__________________

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yep...nothing but good dealings with ordering from them..

Plus, I kinda enjoy getting a package from "Mirage Studios"...kinda corny I know, but probabaly the closest I'll ever get to them and the crew...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
I bought from them and was very pleased, I plan on buying from them again too!
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
I also had a pleasent experiance when ordering from Mirage. There's one instance when I placed my order and there was a new "Tales" book that just came out after I placed my order. Then I thought to myself, damn it! I could've gotten that book to. Little did I know that when I got my package in the mail I found a nice little surprise. Katie, the one who fills the orders, threw that extra issue in anyway free of charge. The next time I ordered from Mirage, I thanked her for it.

I've also gotten free source books from the new cartoon. several copies of the same thing which it was free so I'm not complaining

So yes, ordering from mirage is a good idea if you can't find the books you're looking for any where else and you might just get extra turtle stuff for free.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
I haven't yet, but I intend to in the VERY near future. Thanks for all the good reports on buying from the official website, guys. This really helps me a lot.

Peace.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
The issues that I needed to pick up from Volume four and TMNT volume 2 have all been bought fromt he official site. They're worth it. If you want a comic, I suggest looking there before you search anywhere else.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
I usually do (like I said, I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I will), but I've noticed that they ARE sold out of some issues...most notibly, "Tales of the TMNT" Vol. 2, #5, which I VERY much want to find and get. But I now have a comic source VERY close to me (well, about a half-hour of so NORTH of me, in a town called Willow Springs, MO), a absolutely FABULOUS comic and collectibles shope called "Dirt Road Comics and Collectibles" (a rather CURIOUS name, given that it's located smack in the MIDDLE of TOWN in Willow )! They have EVERYTHING that a comics-obsessed gal like me could EVER want! ESPECIALLY the TMNT comics! And what they DON'T have out out with the rest of the new comics and back-issues, the have in their archives! VERY cool.

So, between THEM, and the official website, I'm sitting pretty. In fact, I just picked up "Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight" #1 (which I'm still kinda confused about, to be totally honest. It's a good story; don't get me wrong; but I've come away just a bit confused by the evets in it. Which part of it REALLY happened, and which were just kind of like a dream, or something? I dunno; I'm still scratching my head over it, but maybe Issue #2, which I SHOULD be getting soon (like around Monday), will clear things UP a little for me. I hope.), AND "Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2, #19 (the "Ghost Story" one illustrated by the mega-talented Chris Allen, and I expect to COMPLETELY fill up the holes in my collection. Well, the TMNT part of it, at least. The "Elfquest", "Sonic the Hedgehog"; etc.; parts are gonna take a bit longer. Prorities, don'tcha know.

Anywho, peace, and happy collectiong, y'all!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.