The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of the lost season.
I love it! 7 33.33%
I hate it! 1 4.76%
Forget TLS, gimme Fast Forward! 1 4.76%
I don't have OnDemand but want to see it. 12 57.14%
I don't care about TMNT (why am i here?) 0 0%
Serling! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
tortugapower
Foot Soldier
 
tortugapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 129
Lost Season - What do you think so far?

I number of us have now seen some of the Lost episodes on OnDemand...

I like Fast Forward, but i feel it's hard to compare it with the Lost Season because they are two differnt things in a lot of ways. I like the epic feel the Lost Season has, but I like a lot of the stuff FF is trying to do as well, but as I said, kinda 2 differnt things. How would you compare the Lost Season to previous seasons so far?

Do you like what you've seen of the Lost Season?

EDIT:
Try to just give opinions and not spoilers.

Last edited by tortugapower; 08-09-2006 at 09:33 PM.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
I dont think we'll be seeing anyone back in New York, but I really like it so far. Adam and Joy are my favorites. Remind me a bit of April and Casey.
Spoiler:
I also like Splinters new costume. Ancient One seems to fit. Don was the first with Inner Chi, thats awesome.
__________________

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."

Last edited by rayfillet101; 08-09-2006 at 10:45 PM.
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Spoiler:
If these episodes were to be available on youtube I'd appreciate if someone PMed me. I'm dying to see the TRUE TMNT on tv again.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Hello, where's the SPOILER warning at the title of this post? should be here....
some of us aren't as priviledged to have Comcast
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Indeed, infact I think that'd be most of us.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #6
Kaneda
Foot Soldier
 
Kaneda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 147
I never watched the new series at all cuz I'm not a morning person but I like these episodes cuz i don't have to get up early to watch them.Not a good reason to like em though.heh....
__________________
http://www.dontdoitarmy.com

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
You could have bought them, taped them, or even downloaded them...
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
Kaneda
Foot Soldier
 
Kaneda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 147
Bought.....nah no offense to TMNT but i was never interested in this series.Taped....no VCR.Downloaded...yea but never did cuz i wasn't that interested.But all that has nothing to do with what i think of the lost episodes so back to topic.
__________________
http://www.dontdoitarmy.com

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
If you wern't interested before, what does being on demand have to offer? They were on cartoon network for a while. You could have watched them in the afternoon. Are you interested after watching them?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #10
Kaneda
Foot Soldier
 
Kaneda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 147
I watced a few episodes on cartoon network and was planning on watching it all the time on there but they took it off like right after i started watching it.Ondemand i can watch whenever i want i don't have to get up early or watch tv at a sepcific time.
__________________
http://www.dontdoitarmy.com

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #11
oldtoonTMNTfan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18
I've seen some of the TLS on demand and must say I liked what i saw, but I voted for forget TLS gimme fast forward. IMHO, TMNT Fast Forward is better than the Lost Season.
oldtoonTMNTfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #12
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
So glad to have extra money so I can see The lost season! yay! keep fast forward, I want my old show

If you bring popcorn and pizza we can have a viewing party at my house
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #13
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
I've seen some of the TLS on demand and must say I liked what i saw, but I voted for forget TLS gimme fast forward. IMHO, TMNT Fast Forward is better than the Lost Season.
Dude, I haven't seen TLS, and I can already say it's better than Fast Foward.


Hell, the Goliath Cronicles was better than fast Foward.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Hey, G:TGC had "A Dieing of the Light" one of my favorite episodes. (Maybe because it stared my favorite Gargoyle, Hudson.)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
I've seen some of the TLS on demand and must say I liked what i saw, but I voted for forget TLS gimme fast forward. IMHO, TMNT Fast Forward is better than the Lost Season.
Why because FF is like the old toon? It's for 5 year olds and is made soley to selltoys? I love the old series but even the old show is better then this....alot better. It was never serious.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
I've seen some of the TLS on demand and must say I liked what i saw, but I voted for forget TLS gimme fast forward. IMHO, TMNT Fast Forward is better than the Lost Season.
Annnnd you give absolutley no reasons, just like every fan of dubbed 4Kids anime when there asked to jump, they say "how high?"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:45 PM   #17
oldtoonTMNTfan
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Annnnd you give absolutley no reasons, just like every fan of dubbed 4Kids anime when there asked to jump, they say "how high?"
Huh? Is it a crime to say fast forward is better than the lost season? I love the old TMNT cartoon and the 2003 version, but i find the lost season bland like last season. IMO Fast Forward brings new storylines, while TLS is the same old thing...they're fighting shredder again.
oldtoonTMNTfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
Huh? Is it a crime to say fast forward is better than the lost season?
101. Especially when you dodge the question and defend that stance, at least others who like the season go into detail and therfore it becomes better to understand, of course they also like the Lost season

Quote:
I love the old TMNT cartoon and the 2003 version, but i find the lost season bland like last season.
You don't like slow progression, a near lack of Shredder, and episodes filled with depth and serious undertoning of lonliness, contemplation of existinction and rediscovery? Yep...that season was to the shock of the industry an example of what 4Kids needs to keep doing

Quote:
IMO Fast Forward brings new storylines, while TLS is the same old thing...they're fighting shredder again.
And what did they do for the near entirty of the original series?

Stop dodging the issue and give reasons, there's nothing in FF that creates "bold new storylines" unless you've been living under a rock and hav'nt seen one episode of Batman Beyond or Star Trek: TNG.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:45 AM   #19
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoonTMNTfan
Huh? Is it a crime to say fast forward is better than the lost season? I love the old TMNT cartoon and the 2003 version, but i find the lost season bland like last season. IMO Fast Forward brings new storylines, while TLS is the same old thing...they're fighting shredder again.
Bland?! Dude, the 2k3 show has been bringing great new storylines since the first season. And how can you call season 4 bland? The Outbreak arc, Samurai Tourist, Grudge Match, The Return of Savanti Romero, INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!(One of the best TMNT episodes ever).

Fast Foward only brings the cliche'd traveling to the future story. Not only that, but the f-ed up the animation and took away all the depth that the show had previously, not to mention the theme song sounds worse than before.

It's sad really, I've been on other message boards defending this show, saying how it's deep, with lots of character development and complex storylines, and now in one fell swoop 4Kids has made me look like a liar.

And the sad part is, if we want a non-future season 6, we have to keep putting up wth this crap.

Quote:
Hey, G:TGC had "A Dieing of the Light" one of my favorite episodes. (Maybe because it stared my favorite Gargoyle, Hudson.)
That and the Journey were the only good episodes. Every thing else was way too bland, especially the last episode, oh god was a terrible way to end a series like that.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 AM   #20
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Edit: Woops this was supposed to go in the Fast forward Thread oh well.
Lost Season Opinion:
But what do I think of These lost episode I'll be honest I'm over the shredder and anyone that looks like him for the next 10 years lol. I am very glad that Saki was once human and it's all explained now and Ch'rell is pretty much the 2003 version of Krang. But If they do bring the normal show out of Fast Forward then I pray that they ditch all the shredder stuff for good after this.
Fast Forward Opinion:
Eh it's ok so far I enjoyed the home invasion episode the best so far.
I don't think it's the best tmnt we could have and I also don't think it's the worst.
My vision of the best TMNT there could be would be an Archie like cartoon with Mirage mentality.
But what do I think of These lost episode I'll be honest I'm over the shredder and anyone that looks like him for the next 10 years lol. I am very glad that Saki was once human and it's all explained now and Cherrell is pretty much the 2003 version of Krang. But If they do bring the normal show out of Fast Forward then I pray that they ditch all the shredder stuff for good after this.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 08-13-2006 at 04:12 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.