The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
Editted scene in the old cartoon

To this day, it baffles me. And it runs across my mind every now and then. There was a episode and I swear up and down that it was editted. Shredder and Krang were outside of the technodrome in the Earth's core and something greenish leaked out of the technodrome that turned the lava into goo (later found to be an anti-mutagen). But on the re-run, it showed a rock soldier accidently bumping a container of welding fluid off the technodrome which turned the lava into goo. Anybody remember that?
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I dunno...do you know aproximately at what time that happend?I have 2 copies of the same ep, and tho they might be both the same version, i could check..
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #3
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
re:

It was one of the early 90's episodes. I can't remember exactly when it happened.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:27 AM   #4
Cherubae
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 169
I seem to recall when the USA Network had the rights to reair some of the old episodes they did edit a few of them. Neil would probably know someth'n about that though.

*points to Ninja Turtle Network forum*


- Cher
__________________
Cherubae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
Opticon143
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 46
could ask Deathknight as well, he's voiced his disgust about the edited USA network versions of the episodes many many times
__________________
Message from Opticon...blast from the fashion bomb...so helpless...guess what, you're outta time!
Opticon143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:16 PM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Yeah, specially since he has quite a bunch of eps taped from the usa network.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #7
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
the episode is Michelangelo's birthday and it's in the 1989 season, and I don't remember exactly how they found out about the anti-mutagen but my version isn't from USA so I could check it when I figuer out which of my tapes it's on.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Wait a second, I seem to recall the anti-mutagen turning three Rock Soldiers into giant boulders (hence Krang explaining why Shredder had to use it on atleast three of the TMNT)
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:32 PM   #9
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Correct, it was a good episode.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
re:

Well, it wasn't the discovery of the anti-mutagen. It was where the goo itself came from. The first time I saw that episode, the goo came out from the technodrome. The second time I saw it, it came from a container of welding fluid that a rock soldier accidently bumped.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #11
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubae
I seem to recall when the USA Network had the rights to reair some of the old episodes they did edit a few of them.
The episodes that aired on the USA network were cut down to precisely 21 minutes instead of the usual 23-24 minutes. The theme took up one minute, the episode got 19 minutes, and then the end credits got the final minute.

I know this because I used to tape the episodes and they were always exactly 21 minutes long. And the reason the episodes were edited was to make way for more commercials.

Oh, yes, it's worth it to hear some voiceover talk about Carpet Fresh and all the great things it can do when your cat soils the carpet floor. That's much more interesting than watching the Ninja Turtles.

Whatever.

"Oh, would you knock it off?" - Raphael, from "Combat Land"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #12
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I wanna know exactly how long Cowabunga Shredhead is cause I have the USA version of that and it's edited pretty badly, luckily I have the official vhs as well.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:32 PM   #13
Ratking
Moderator
 
Ratking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: a sewer near you
Posts: 796
well i know for a fact that Hot rodding teenages has been edited also.
Ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #14
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
What are you talking about Ratking? the divx version or a version you saw on tv...
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:57 PM   #15
the_minimizer
Foot Soldier
 
the_minimizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 230
re:

Anyway, I remember seeing the goo come out of the technodrome because I first saw that episode when it aired. I remember being with my cousin. He said he bet it came from the technodrome's porta-pot.
the_minimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:43 PM   #16
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
I wanna know exactly how long Cowabunga Shredhead is cause I have the USA version of that and it's edited pretty badly, luckily I have the official vhs as well.
If you compare both the USA version of the episode and the VHS version, I'm pretty sure they USA version will be cut down quite a bit.

A good example I can give you is an episode from the fourth season, "Big Bug Blunder." I have both the USA version and the VHS version.

USA version: Near the beginning of the episode, Splinter explains how disgusted he is with the Turtles for letting the lair get so messy. "I strongly suggest it be cleaned!" he says. The Turtles get on it, Splinter turns around and walks away, and then we cut to the Technodrome.

VHS version: Near the beginning of the episode, Splinter explains how disgusted he is with the Turtles for letting the lair get so messy. "I strongly suggest it be cleaned!" he says. The Turtles get on it, Splinter turns around and walks away, and then we see the Turtles trying to pick things up. Raphael goes to a closet and a bunch of soda pop cans fall on him. Michaelangelo says he was saving them for recycling. Donatello says that there has got to be an easier way to do this cleaning thing. So he drags out Metalhead and lets him do the dirty work. Everything's going great until Metalhead starts sucking up everything in sight with his built-in vaccum cleaner. At one point he even starts vaccuming Splinter! Finally, Raphael ends the madness by throwing his sai at a lever on Metalhead, shutting him down. In the end, Michaelangelo suggests that they move to another sewer the next time the lair needs cleaning. Then, then, we cut to the Technodrome.

USA edited things out of episodes that weren't integral to the rest of the story. The whole cleaning scene, while entertaining, really does nothing to further the story along. It's filler. The whole scene probably takes up a good 90 seconds or so. When you watch the USA version, the episode works just fine without this cleaning scene. That is why USA edited it.

"We're gonna need more brooms!" - Raphael, from "Big Bug Blunder"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #17
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
There are some scenes that were edited extremely poorly. For example: in Sleuth on the Loose when Aunt Aggy is fighting the guy with the light-saber like thing, she tosses it up in the air and then all of a sudden she has it back in her hand and strikes. My first thought was "Oh, let's not be obvious or anything."
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #18
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Everything's going great until Metalhead starts sucking up everything in sight with his built-in vaccum cleaner. At one point he even starts vaccuming Splinter!
Poor master splinter!
Hmmmm...i hate those kind of cuts, sure it might not be so important to the story but it's part of the episode anyways.I hate incomplete stuff.
Actually i don't know what's worst, the uk cuts or the usa network cut, i'm beginning to think the usa ones.
Also unix based punk is talking about michaelangelo's birthday, i thought he was talking about turtles at the earth's core (i readed too quick ), i do have 2 copies of that episode too, so i guess i could check, but i'll need to know at what minute that happens...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.