The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I'm taking a stand...

I refuse to hear any news or see any trailers, teasers, etc. of the movie. I want to go in and be fresh! I want to let the entire movie be a big surprise, may it be good or unpleasant.

Anyone else with me?
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
oh yer crazy

you gotta see the trailer...you know you wanna....
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Yeah, I'm avoiding any further spoilers. I know right now is the basic premise, and that's more than plenty for me. Won't stop me from promoting the movie, though.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Drtooth I'd wait if I was you I've seen clips from the movie at the San Diego comicon and the trailer is lame compaired to it so I'd wait...it'll be worth it
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #5
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Good for you?
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy
Good for you?
umm I was giving advice...that's all I saw some parts of the movie that blow the trailer out of the water...so yes good for me and the other people who had been there I guess
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Putrescent, didnt you say you had some of the story board art from the comic con footage available?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth
I refuse to hear any news or see any trailers, teasers, etc. of the movie. I want to go in and be fresh! I want to let the entire movie be a big surprise, may it be good or unpleasant.

Anyone else with me?
You bet, brother. I've purposefully avoided any trailers or promotional material for the flick (aside from a few pics of the foursome) -- in my experience, it's always best to go into the theatre fresh and unmolested, so to speak. 'Doing the same thing with ROCKY VI, too. It's a way of life, I guess.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #9
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
umm I was giving advice...that's all I saw some parts of the movie that blow the trailer out of the water...so yes good for me and the other people who had been there I guess
I was talking to Drtooth.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath740
Putrescent, didnt you say you had some of the story board art from the comic con footage available?
yesm I do but I thought everything had been posted from the free book given away at the con..guess I was wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy
I was talking to Drtooth.
should have quoted him like you did me there to avoid confusion
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:12 AM   #11
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Confusion is main objective.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Nyet, Boris. Objective is Moose and Squirrel.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 PM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
Nyet, Boris. Objective is Moose and Squirrel.
I thought objective was to steal underpants?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #14
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Oooo, Sorry Putrescent. I did not know that those were one in the same
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #15
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'd watch the trailer, from what Putrescent said about the other footage if you watch the trailer you will be blown away as it is. And if the rest of the movie totoally over shadows it then you will enjoy it even more.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Heh. It's too late for me. I'm such a concept art junkie... and interviews make me happy.

Oh well.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #17
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,836
I've been reading that the first trailer for Iron Man might be with TMNT when it's released.

It'll be a twoferone for me that day, baby!!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:12 AM   #18
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Drtooth...join us...join us...
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:07 AM   #19
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
iron man and tmnt??? what?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #20
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Guys, it ain't cool to post TMNT movie news in the "I don't want to see spoilers" thread. (I can just see this thread going that way. :p)
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.